Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Destiny
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:23:56 pm »
Who else wants to get their paws on a copy?

I know I do.  (:

But from what I heard it requires Internet to play, seeing as it randomly generates stuff and is used to inhibit hackers. Some very pro's though.
Mate of WereCat

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Destiny
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:49:13 am »
i have it for the xbox one, just sadly the servers are still as lagy as they were during open beta (i have good internet)

the lag is really annoying and makes the game almost unplayable, but the thing is the lag comes and goes. one point everything would be fine then the next enemies will not even notice you and you cant harm them or interact with things.

other than the lag it's pretty fun (from what i read there is going to be trading but it's not implemented yet) and there might be crafting but i dont see any crafting stations yet.

if they fix the lag and add those 2 other things MMOs should have then it's worth the money. not so sure if you should buy it yet since there is a chance it could turn out terrible (happened 3 times to me)

Offline Evilo

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:33 am »
I'd love so much to play Destiny I have been looking for an MMORPG in quite a while and this one fits my desires perfectly. Only problem is that i just build myself a new computer like one month ago I can't really afford an XBOX ONE now or a PS4 so i guess i'll have to live without it, but i'm sure you're gonna have lots of fun in that game ^^.
Reconciliations lying sprawled one on top of the other.
Action gets ahead of us.
Keep believing without realizing a long gone shadow.
Hide a voiceless word I saved yesterday
And lose track of it.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:24:29 am »
I know the online only thing is a problem as it limits the market. But as facts show, worldwide more people have cell phones than toilets.

I wouldn't mind too much lag but that's only cuz I've seen what crazy things you have to kill. That and since you can already collect materials I can assume that crafting of some sort would be put in sometime.
Mate of WereCat

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 04:31:21 am »
I know the online only thing is a problem as it limits the market.

I wouldn't mind too much lag but that's only cuz I've seen what crazy things you have to kill. That and since you can already collect materials I can assume that crafting of some sort would be put in sometime.
the online only thing is because it's a MMO, it's not build for single player (single player would make you rage quit since there are no respawn areas with tones of enemies or a very strong boss) the gameplay is build on the idea that you will be playing with friends.

the type of lag it is you cant do anything, enemies dont notice you, you cant hurt them, they cant hurt you, you cant open loot containers, cant complete quests, all you can do is walk shoot and look around.

and the resource collecting is kinda a little weird, when you scrap a gun you only get gun parts sometimes (the picture of the gun parts looks like it's just some random parts nothing special) and for some reason scrapping the same armor sometimes gives you armor parts but sometimes doesn't (as in the same exact armor with, name, description, states, level, rarity)   i can kinda see why they do that (dont want it to be to easy to collect resources) but it's pretty unrealistic and they could just make it where you trade in a bunch of gun parts/armor plates into a vendor to get higher level gun parts/armor plates.

for ex: you have 10 (level 1 gun parts) where you trade them to a special vendor and he gives you 1 (level 2 gun parts) and say you trade in 10 of those and you get 1 (level 3 gun parts)

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 10:11:58 am »
I meant that not everybody has Internet. While it is an MMO you can easily play by yourself if you aren't a shoot em up kind of player, take cover and shoot wisely and you could be perfectly fine.

And that trading thing seems rather useless if you only get parts when  there's higher level guns with same stats as lower level ones.

I can see advantages for that kind of lag, allo those things arent nescessilary bad (except for not completing quests) as you can do all that stuff, find it all and just go back there for the rare loot, all while being unhindered in your quest for stuff.

I will admit that it is kinda weird how that happens but I'm gonna assume that they turn the guns into glimmer the same way you can literally just make a sparrow from nothing.
Mate of WereCat