Author Topic: Beyond fantasy.  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Beyond fantasy.
« on: September 28, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »
In some corners of science there is the possibility of
there being a multiverse. An infinite number of universes
where anything is possible.

Considering this infinity, there should be an
infinite number of varables for my existance.
Physical and mental. Perhaps somewhere along
the lines of those infinite varations one is
the anthro rabbit I pretend to be.

So perhaps we all can imagine that we do exist
somewhere as we do here in the forum.

A group of intelligent animal variations from
feral to beyond anything we can imagine.

An interesting thought at least. :orbunny:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:16:27 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
Re: Beyond fantasy.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:07 pm »
It certainly is an interesting thought ;)
* waves to his alternates in the multiverse *

I'm not an expert on the multiverse, but the idea of alternate universes for every possibility bothers me.  We think of the current state of our universe in time as the result of a sequential chain of cause -> effect, but if you modify links far upstream in the chain , how can all the dependant downstream links remain constant?  Okay, so maybe that's a bit of a philisophical tangent, but it does bother me  :P
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 08:33:03 pm »
Just like the Earth being the center of the solar system was disproven I believe that out universe did not start from out galaxy. I've though about other solar systems with life before and the idea is pretty cool ^^ I think the chance that there would be anthro wolves somewhere would be pretty slim since life would evolve differently.. (Although. If the climate of the planet was like earth the animals might makes similar adaptions since those adaptions serve a purpose) However, since there is believed to be an infinite amount of galaxies and solar systems that makes it possible. The only issue is that these places would be super far away.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:34:56 pm by Sciex »

Offline Turgius

• Species: Anthro Wolf/Dragon thing of questionable sanity...
  • Avatar is Artz by Flinters on FA
    • FA Account
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 08:51:57 pm »
It's a fascinating idea....but given the relation of species to one another I would find it unlikely that a rabbit would be left unharmed to give out chocolate chip cookies to packs of wolves and whatnot with pointy teeth. Still if it's conceivable it exists within the realm of possibility, and within a multiverse which reflects all possibilities we must conclude that such a reality could exist.  Of course this is me interpreting what I half remember from a collage philosophy course I took years ago  :D 
“Oh I've plenty of time, my time is entirely my own.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Идиот

FCWh3a A C D H M P R T+++ W- Z Sm- RLGP a cn++ d++ e++ f-- h- i++ j p sm-
-Furry Code

Offline Keitsu

• I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:58:17 am »
It's a fascinating idea....but given the relation of species to one another I would find it unlikely that a rabbit would be left unharmed to give out chocolate chip cookies to packs of wolves and whatnot with pointy teeth. Still if it's conceivable it exists within the realm of possibility, and within a multiverse which reflects all possibilities we must conclude that such a reality could exist.  Of course this is me interpreting what I half remember from a collage philosophy course I took years ago  :D
I didn't say the rabbits and the wolves were on the same planet  :P

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 12:25:04 pm »
If there are an infinite number of variable universes, then in theory all possibilities should exist. 

A  rabbit world might be invaded by wolf aliens and stolen away as food.  x_x

In one you might be crippled in an accident, in another you might be a different gender, another you
may decide not to read a book.  The differences in species could exist due to endless mutations
of DNA. The same would go for all kinds of existence.

Since existance could go to infinity in size large or small. There could be entire universes in the sub atomic
world. If that was true we could be part of the chocolate chip cookie my rabbit form is eating.  Time would
likely be much slower relative to size for such existances or no lifeforms as we understand it would have
time to exist.

It's all fascinating to think about.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 10:15:08 pm »
Imagine that capability of multiverse travel. What if we could find the different us's. Would we except our other selves or as some of us wolves would we eat our other selves?

Offline Turgius

• FA Account
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »
Imagine that capability of multiverse travel. What if we could find the different us's. Would we except our other selves or as some of us wolves would we eat our other selves?

In that vast complexities of the multiverse I'm sure there's a Lupine version of my self who is a big enough jerk to do it, and he no doubt  wears a black top hat and cape...with a twirled mustache.... :D

-Furry Code

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 02:21:58 pm »
Being a human... i think i'd be burned like a witch or something.  I'm not sure i'd like that very much.  x_x

Offline Turgius

• FA Account
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 02:30:04 pm »
Being a human... i think i'd be burned like a witch or something.  I'm not sure i'd like that very much.  x_x

You would probably be placed in a zoo...no use in burning unique specimens...

-Furry Code

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 12:25:08 am »

That was a television show called Sliders.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 04:48:55 am »
this theory bothers me a lot since if it's true then there is another me/some one i care about who is either corrupt and greedy or they are suffering living a terrible life.

that kinda brings up a lot of moral issues for me since i want my self and others to only have one self yet how would you get rid of the other ones besides finding some way to kill them all off (which would be murder)

if it were up to me i'd want this universe to be the only one with animals so i wouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff.

(the idea of almost any good person being corrupt or suffering really sickens me but sadly i cant do anything about it)

so i believe the theory may be true but i hope that it isn't

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »
Try not to let the theory bother you.

I think ones true self no matter what form it might take in another universe would have the same
concept of good and evil as your own. Otherwise it wouldn't be you.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:13:13 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 02:14:45 pm »
@ GrayWolf448

I never thought of the "infinite worlds" theory could be disturbing in that way to some people, but I can see it now how it could be found disturbing, as you describe it.

The way I see it is: if there was a pair of identical twins separated at birth, then raised identically, and turned out pretty much the same, they would still be their own separate persons.  I feel it is the same about any alternate dimensional me.  Although I may have many things in common with that alternate me, he (or she I suppose) would still be a different individual.  I could not feel responsible if they were a bad person, nor take credit if they were a great person.  I don't think I would be too upset to know a different version of me turned out bad, considering I did not (or at least I don't think I did).

Back to the original post, I have thought of such things before, with the theory it would have to hold true that somewhere the is an alternate me, who is really a rat who is typing on a forum about how in another dimension there is a human version of him typing on a forum about how in another dimension...

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:15 pm »
Ah yes, the me that didn't eat dinner when I did.

It's kinda strange that every possible thing that can happen, is happening according to that idea, even if the difference is a single part of a gene then it's happened. It's kind of cool in many ways...I kinda hope that there's a doggy version of me out there who wants to see a human world and switch places with me for a bit. ><
Mate of WereCat

Offline Zoxide

• Male
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 12:38:03 pm »

That was a television show called Sliders.

I must watch this show now

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »
This is probably my most favorite theory, it presents so many possibilities! Like what if there is a version of you that actually made or used an transdimensional transporter and saw another version of yourself

I sometimes think of the perfect mirror version where you are completely opposite of who you are, like for instance you have good karma here(just bear with me here), in the mirror version you have bad karma!

There are so many possibilities, it's virtually endless!!  :D
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 08:21:44 pm »
The present universe is vast and boundless. There may be life forms on other worlds countless light-years away which are like the anthropomorphic societies any one of us can imagine. Hopefully benevolent societies.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 11:01:21 pm »
The universe is not only stranger than we imagine. It is stranger than we can imagine. ;)

Offline Kynao

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 01:40:25 am »
Irl scientific edition of OP:

In some corners of science there is the possibility of
there being multiple individuals in the world. A (seemingly) infinite number of individuals
where anything manifested from the established probability by entropy etc is possible.

Considering this seeming infinity, there could be an
Imaginably infinite number of variables for the factors that make me myself a future common ancestor and a convergently evolved derivate of other common ancestors that will in turn lead to many possible parallel derivates.
Physical so also mental since their brains are physical. Perhaps somewhere along
the lines of those infinite variations one derivate/convergent is
the random nonhuman species (that won't exist perfectly as it does right now in a billion years) I came to assimilate as cool through my sensing processes over time

So we all can imagine that convergently the actually physically possible ideas of beings that we like exist
which gave us the initial idea and the idea for our characters we post to give further ideas for new furries to base their characters on on this forum which will in turn influence others to think imaginatively.

A group of environmentally derived thus attuned beings known as animals that evolved from
those incredible single cell organisms (we shun from but can't genuinely recreate because the process that makes them exist exists like its own force out of reactive chemical patterns) which evolved into everything that inspires us to imagine all we can imagine somewhere a few billion years ago.

An interesting observation at least. (:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:43:58 am by Kynao »