general furry discussion > lifestylers

Expressing furriness in public.

<< < (5/6) > >>

Rocoro:
I have a tail, but in terms of furry fashion, I just wear a shirt.

Pratzelwurm:
In addition to being a furry, I am also a punk, so collars are a normal part of the fashion lol

I do own ears and tails (not to mention a fursuit), buuuuut I don't often feel comfortable wearing those outside of places where costumes are okay. It's not like I wanna dress up like a cat all the time though, anyways. I just wear either of my collars on occasion, if they match my outfit (I'd like to get a few more in different styles).

ShopePapilloma:
I wear my tail out quite often, I find I feel more confident wearing it!

charcoal:
I always were dog tags or a collar

Jade Sinapu:
I rarely wear anything obviously furry in public.  But for decades, I have worn wolf t-shirts, and am wearing one now.   I do wear a collar at times, but in private, or under a high necked jacket.

The most I ever did was wear a black fedora with black wolf ears on it, which I had quickly sewed on.  It looked "ok".  I was also wearing a black leather jacket, black combat style boots and my green collar with tags, and beige cargo pants. I had on a sort of furry t-shirt as well.  I had decided to leave the tail at home.  It was a special day for me, and I was feeling rather confident of myself, was hopped up on caffeine, had 3 hours sleep, and I had popped out to walk the dog in broad daylight like that.  Totally out of the ordinary for me.

All that morning I had noticed a suspicious car parked outside the house, and it never moved.  Dark windows, large SUV.  So I sauntered up to it with my cell phone at the ready, and knocked on the drivers window.  "Hey, buddy, if you don't stop loitering around here I'm going to call the police!"  The window slowly went down, and it was the local sheriffs office investigators unit!  The officer in his total body armor, with police laptop and radio blaring.  Un-holstered gun at the ready. They were watching a neighbor down the street who had felony warrants.  The officer said "hi" using my name and I realized he had seen the collar and tags with my given name on it.  He also obviously saw the hat, and shirt too!  :goldlaugh:  He assured me that they weren't observing me.  We then traded contact information, and had a good 15 minute talk about ham radio of all things!

I don't wear anything blatantly furry in public anymore.  I also don't go banging on peoples car windows anymore, especially in my neighborhood. 
Live and learn?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version