Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Tomed Ceht

• Species: Siberian Husky/Eastern Black Dragon
  • HaWoooooo!!!
  • Female
Hi!
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:00:17 am »
Hi! I'm Tomed Ceht. New here, clearly, and I'm really not good at these things but I'd like to reach out and meet new people. I've never admitted I'm a furry to anyone and I'd like to change that. Being gay is hard enough and I'm tired of hiding a big part of who I am.

So Hi! My fursona is a Siberian Husky/dragon. I don't have a suit, but I would very much like one eventually! I'm not very good at conversation but I'm really working on that. Pretty shy over here.  <owo>

I hope to make friends here. Y'all seem friendly :D

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:10:40 am »
  Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Time for your welcome mail:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Tomed Ceht

• Species: Siberian Husky/Eastern Black Dragon
  • HaWoooooo!!!
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:36:01 am »
  Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Time for your welcome mail:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Thank you for the welcome! I found this site through some google searches for forums for furries. I've known I was a furry since i was about 13. I have just always felt... different. Like I was in the incorrect body. Over time my fursona became apparent to me and things started to make a little more sense since then. But like i stated before I've never spoken to another soul about being a furry. That last post was first outreach. The Furry fandom interests me because it just a bunch of other people just like that me. People that are also different. People that look at the rest of the world in a similar light as I do. I've not been part of a fandom in years and I miss the camaraderie I found in a few previous ones. I'm hoping I can meet some great people here and forge some real friendships with people that understand my secret. :)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:22:59 am »
Welcome to furtopia Tomed Ceht.

I hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome. "

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:27:12 am »
Hi Tomed Ceht!

It's a big family here!
Without the fighting! Hurray!

No matter who you are, what you are, where you are from, what you think, what you believe,  furries are the best to be around!

For some it is the inclusiveness, some it's the family,  for some it is the zany fun!

While I specifically do not know what it is to live as a gay person,  i DO know how being excluded feels. I do not like being ostracized.  Nor will I do that to anyone else.   All furries seem this way to me,  open,  honest,  friendly.

I call myself demi-asexual personally. As I have lived with that feeling of different since as long as I can remember.
And I have been made fun of for it, being called wrong, broken, robotic, unfeeling, uncaring, etc.  People even think I am lieing. Truth is I care deeply, and love people, animals, nature,  etc...

You won't find people here who will judge.  Honestly, people are more like indifferent,  they have moved past these differences.

Don't worry, you are home.

We are everywhere! I am sitting at work,  listening to some DeadMau5, and living as a furry,  inside a large multinational conservative aerospace company!

You just never know who is, more fuzzy,  than others, but we are everywhere,  ha ha ha!
I have always had therian type dreams and feelings since age 5.  Wolves. Lots of wolves.
Then a German Shepard saved my life.   Actually 2 of them did,  twice, in separate instances.

So enough of me,  what about you??
Part of furry for me is talking to others.
If you want,  please feel free to discuss.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 10:40:14 pm »
Welcome! We can be a strange bunch, and if you're not careful we'll grow on you (but not literally, thankfully. Jade's fur will come off you with a lint roller... as painful of an experience that is.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 11:03:52 am »
Personally,  I like to detonate a 1/4 stick of dynamite nearby,  that usually dislodged my grey underfur from things in the house,  like the doors,  Windows,  curtains. Etc....
It also freshens they place up.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 12:43:02 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 05:25:14 am »
Welcome to the forums!

Have a Kit Kat!

Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,