Author Topic: New  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
New
« on: November 29, 2018, 12:34:44 pm »
I've been a furry for quite some time, but I am one of those oddballs that does not have a fursona.

I spend my time editing and proof-reading, and note-taking at my local university.
I also recently (today!) had the news that I am now a part of a national bat care network, as a bat carer/rehabilitator.
I am also planning to increase my experience of practical wildlife conservation in 2019.

Cateline is actually the name of my anthro' RP character on Furcadia, while I tend to go by Nacht(zehren).

I am UK-based.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:23:15 pm »
Hi there, welcome to Furtopia! I'm another UK-based fur, there are a few of us on here and a bunch of us meet up IRL now and then. Nice to have another around.

Time for your welcome mail:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:20:48 pm »
Quote from: Loc
Thank you for the welcome!

Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
Google searching for 'furry forum'. This was the third website that came up.

How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Probably since watching Robin Hood. It was released prior to my birth, but I saw it from when I was quite young. I was also exposed to Gargoyles, Winnie the Pooh and a few other cartoons that had semi-anthro/anthro characters. I can't recall the first time I definitively encountered the fandom, but I first found chakats and then from there, two-legged anthros. I knew a few people who drew them growing up, but did not correlate this to the word 'furry' at the time. So I am going to go with a broad ballpark of 10 - 15 years.

Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
I do not have a fursona. I am drawn to bats quite strongly, but more in the 'affinity' sense of the word therian than in the 'identify as' aspect. That said, I do jest quite a lot that I am like a bat; nocturnal by preference, gets sleepy when cold and quite social.

What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?
The creative potential of it, and the merging of animal and human. Which is interesting when referring to more primordial/primal themes in the context of human nature and psychology. They are a step away from reality, and a step into fantasy.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:17:37 am »
Welcome to furtopia  Cateline .

I hope you have a nice stay.
"

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

I have always enjoyed cartoon animal fantasy and sifi. Rabbits mainly.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 03:17:29 pm »
Welcome to furtopia  Cateline .

I hope you have a nice stay.
"

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

I have always enjoyed cartoon animal fantasy and sifi. Rabbits mainly.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Thank you for the welcome! *catches the cookie, munches* I did adore the Peter Rabbit books by Beatrix Potter. I do suppose that they were quite the influence too!

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 05:09:08 pm »
Hello and welcome!
I know a few bats, but the ones we have around here I can't remember the name of.

Last year I was looking for a friend at MFF and walked in on a room party of bats. That was interesting. They were very friendly about it, too, even offered me pizza.

Anyway, welcome to Furtopia! :)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cateline

• Nacht Bat Care
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 05:13:21 pm »
Hello and welcome!
I know a few bats, but the ones we have around here I can't remember the name of.

Last year I was looking for a friend at MFF and walked in on a room party of bats. That was interesting. They were very friendly about it, too, even offered me pizza.

Anyway, welcome to Furtopia! :)

Oooh, awesome. I know of a bat therian via a Discord server.

Cool. I've only had experience handling three of the UK's types but, as they are the most common ones, they are the ones that have ended up in my care or that have been found while bat box surveying.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 12:18:12 am »
Welcome to Furtopia! :3 Enjoy the forums!
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 05:26:02 am »
Welcome to the forums!

Have a Kit Kat!

Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -