Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming, perfect for furs :)  (Read 59824 times)

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
Re: Lucid Dreaming, perfect for furs :)
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2008, 05:43:31 pm »
Thanks.  Legally and ethically, I understand why it's banned now.  Plus, I got the full account of the fateful events from someone else.  :o
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Lone | Wolf

• RAWR! RAWR! RAWR!
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2008, 10:12:48 pm »
Might as well get this thread back on topic, I still have problems with dream recollectoin. I would log my dreams but once I wake up i have no recollection at all so cannot use the method to improve dream recall. Maybe I'm dreaming about an evil monkey in my closet and my sub-concious is hiding it from me I dunno  :D Any tips on starting dream recall, never mind improving it? I miss dreaming, actually had a few lucids before ageeesss ago. I didn't try to control much in it though more acted the way I wanted to instead of fake dream me would. And was able to stop a few nightmares and wake myself up.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2008, 10:46:14 pm »
I can suggest that before you go to sleep to drink a glass of apple juice, It's been proven to increase vividness as well as recall.

also if all else fail that you wake your self up in the middle of the night, usually since it's so different then the usual dream pattern your body doesn't delete the dream memory as fast.

Also as soon as you wake up(like instantly) write a work down while thinking about anything that you drempt about, so when you can write the whole dream down you look at the word you wrote down and it should spark some memories back.

I hope these suggestions help.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2008, 06:20:47 am »
I can suggest that before you go to sleep to drink a glass of apple juice, It's been proven to increase vividness as well as recall.

i too have problems with dream recall and i will definatly try drinking apple-juice before sleeping
thanks for the advice

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2008, 05:07:26 pm »
Hmm.  I see why it would be a good idea to write your dream down as soon as you wake up, but sometimes I find that I can remember more of it the longer I think of it (like midday).  Weird huh?

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #205 on: December 26, 2008, 06:35:41 pm »
Hmm.  I see why it would be a good idea to write your dream down as soon as you wake up, but sometimes I find that I can remember more of it the longer I think of it (like midday).  Weird huh?

some of this i can explain, lets say you have a dream about a tv show you like, but when you wake up you can't remember any of it.
BUT
when that show is on TV it sparks the nearly completely deleted dream memory and brings it back to the main part of your memory.
this has happened to me numerous times and I can vouch for it working, the same thing can be applied to hen you wake up just write anything down while thinking about the dream, and when you read it later in the day it will spark you memories back.

also the more you move when you wake up he more of the dream you will lose your memory of the dream.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

Offline Dak3ras

• Male
« Reply #206 on: December 26, 2008, 10:17:26 pm »
I'm gonna drink some apple juice tonight and see if theres a difference lol.

Offline Aurora

« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2008, 07:31:51 am »
i had a lucid .... well i don't know if it was a dream, more like an expiereince

anyway i was sat watching t.v (no one else in the room) and i sortta zoned out and i remember seeing a huge house, really nice, beautifull gardens almost like my ideal furry residence on the furry residence thread.

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php/topic,34654.0.html

and then some gentel music started playing in the background and i saw the fox of my dreams (anthro) at this point i realised that i was in the form of my fursona and i walked up to her and she ran in to the house so i followed her to find her laying on a sofa by the fire and then (as is sods law) i woke up to find that i had been out of it for about 10 minuites

it sounds more like a vivid day dream than an actual dream but it was lucid because i had control of how everything looked, so i wonder why i dreampet her running into the house?

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2008, 11:20:35 am »
i had a lucid .... well i don't know if it was a dream, more like an expiereince

anyway i was sat watching t.v (no one else in the room) and i sortta zoned out and i remember seeing a huge house, really nice, beautifull gardens almost like my ideal furry residence on the furry residence thread.

and then some gentel music started playing in the background and i saw the fox of my dreams (anthro) at this point i realised that i was in the form of my fursona and i walked up to her and she ran in to the house so i followed her to find her laying on a sofa by the fire and then (as is sods law) i woke up to find that i had been out of it for about 10 minuites

it sounds more like a vivid day dream than an actual dream but it was lucid because i had control of how everything looked, so i wonder why i dreampet her running into the house?

Congratulations.
question time

Is this your first lucid?
and
Can you explain more about the control you had?

Offline Aurora

« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2008, 02:10:16 pm »

Congratulations.
question time

and

definatly not my first lucid dream, i'v had quite a few.

in awnser to your second question the controle i had was somewhat like a lose connection, at one point i remeber thinking the garden of the house would look nice with toperie cones leading to the door and then they appered
but at the same time i dont remeber wanting her to run inside so it was as if i had controle over almost everthing in the dream

whatever it was i hope it happens again, iwoke up feeling increadably happy

Offline Kinshi

• It's happening!
  • Male
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »
a tenth of my dreams (which i can remember, and that's were the trouble starts, i can only remember about one dream per 2weeks) are lucids, and i CAN teleport, shapeshift, and do whatever the heck i want, but the problem is, that once i realize i'm dreaming, i wake up after a few seconds :( , i DID manage to make a dream last about 30 seconds longer by shouting 'TIME STOPS' once... thats about the only problem i have , and the fact that i can only recall about 1 dream in 2weeks... so it will be very hard to discover my 'dream signs'... the only thing that's constant in my dreams which i noticed so far, is that everything is out of proportion, and there are ALWAYS skeletons with purple shields in it, IDK why.

i once dremt that i was in my old school, and i saw that the stairs were WAY higher than normal (so yeah i noticed i was dreaming), and i took of a la DBZ, aura and all that flashy stuff but i couldn't turn around, only fly in straight lines... i could however perform a kaaaameeeehaaameeHAAAAAAAAA by just yelling it and imagining a blue beam coming out of my hands, blowing up the stairs in tiny pieces... best...dream...ever...
and another one where i was being chased by a skeleton with a purple shield, i just slashed it in two with my mind

also, i tend to have the same dreams lots of times, i had like this weird dream about a giant chocolate man eating easter egg, and i can now predict where it's gonna show up, so when i have that particular dream, i know i'm dreaming and have lots of fun tormenting it
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 03:42:34 pm by Acerbatus »
Sometimes I wonder how easily I am influenced by those around me. The need to fit in somewhere always tugs at me from the back of my mind, even though I should be doing my own thing.

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2008, 03:38:38 pm »

Congratulations.
question time

and

in awnser to your second question the controle i had was somewhat like a lose connection, at one point i remeber thinking the garden of the house would look nice with toperie cones leading to the door and then they appered
but at the same time i dont remeber wanting her to run inside so it was as if i had controle over almost everthing in the dream

from the more detail you've given me it actualy sounds more like a semi lucid(where the person is more subconsiously changing the events in the dream world) but cool and very good none the less.

as for fealing happy after a lucid, that happens to me as well there such great mood bosters and a fantastic way to start the day.

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2008, 03:45:25 pm »
a tenth of my dreams (which i can remember, and that's were the trouble starts, i can only remember about one dream per 2weeks) are lucids, and i CAN teleport, shapeshift, and do whatever the heck i want, but the problem is, that once i realize i'm dreaming, i wake up after a few seconds :( , i DID manage to make a dream last about 30 seconds longer by shouting 'TIME STOPS' once... thats about the only problem i have , and the fact that i can only recall about 1 dream in 2weeks... so it will be very hard to discover my 'dream signs'... the only thing that's constant in my dreams which i noticed so far, is that everytihng is out of proportion, and there are ALWAYS skeletons with purple shields in it, IDK why.

i once dremt that i was in my old school, and i saw that the stairs were WAY higher than normal (so yeah i noticed i was dreaming), and i took of a la DBZ, aura and all that flashy stuff but i couldn't turn around, only fly in straight lines... i could however perform a kaaaameeeehaaameeHAAAAAAAAA by just yelling it and imagining a blue beam coming out of my hands, blowing up the stairs in tiny pieces... best...dream...ever... and another one where i was being chased by a skeleton woth a purple shield, i just went psychotic or something and slashed it in two with my mind

also, i tend to have the same dreams lots of times, i had like this weird dream about a giant chocolate man eating easter egg, and i can now predict where it's gonna show up, so when i have that particular dream, i know i'm dreaming and have lots of fun killing it in all ways possible, flamethrower, bear traps and whatnot , i am however restricted to a 10-20 second killing spree :( because after that, i just wake up. :(

the best advice iu can give you on this is that if you think it will happen it will.
the limit to your dreams is because you think there is one.

every possible restriction people have is because they expect it to be there plain and simple.
this little bit of information causes the MOST trouble for any one attempting lucids.

It's our attachments to the real world that give us these hinderences.

IT'S YOUR DREAM DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT.
don't let you mind think it will fail or it will.

remember that you dream for sevural minutes all the time, becoming lucid should in fact extend this time since you are aware of the dream and can change it, including lengthening it(if even it is only for a minute or so)

also next time try dream spinning(when your in the dream world just spin in a circle really fast, this should extend the dream, make it more vivd, as well as possible change your location.

Offline Aurora

« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2008, 04:07:03 pm »

Congratulations.
question time

and

from the more detail you've given me it actualy sounds more like a semi lucid(where the person is more subconsiously changing the events in the dream world) but cool and very good none the less.

as for fealing happy after a lucid, that happens to me as well there such great mood bosters and a fantastic way to start the day.

thanks for clearing that up for me *sigh* if only it had lasted just a little longer *cheeky giggle*

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2009, 05:32:35 pm »
I had a very odd experience last night.  I forgot what the dream was about, and I stupidly did not write it down (please kick me in the face), but I remember that I had conscious control of my actions . . . sorta.

What happened defies anything I've read or heard, but in the dream, through whatever I was doing my earrings started to bother me.  So interestingly, I woke up, took them off and placed them on my table, fell immediately back to sleep, and returned to the exact same dream earringless.  It was definitely my "conscious self" in the dream, or else I would have felt confused and disconnected upon waking up.  I would say that it was a lucid, except that I don't remember it very well, and I don't recall realizing that it was a dream (even though I made the decision to wake up temporarily).

Weird, huh?

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2009, 09:28:26 pm »
This was defiantly a partial lucid.

The partial awareness, and control with out completely realizing it was a dream are both dead give a ways that it was only partial.

But, this is a very good sign that your getting very close to having a full lucid.

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2009, 09:49:16 pm »
This was defiantly a partial lucid.

The partial awareness, and control with out completely realizing it was a dream are both dead give a ways that it was only partial.

But, this is a very good sign that your getting very close to having a full lucid.

Yay, thanks.  I just hope I don't lose my roll and fall into normal forgettables.

Offline Aurora

« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2009, 08:54:04 am »

i had the same dream last night! and the night before that, not while i was asleep i just sorta zoned out again almost like a really powerfull day dream, it keeps repeating through the same story line (if you can call it that) i'm out side a large house/manor and there in the door-way is the fox of my dreams (anthro), she runs into the house/manor and i find laying down either on a sofa or by the fire and then i wake up (or zone back in or whatever)

it seems to me more like a vivid daydream/fantasy than a real lucid but i do have controle over most of what happens, whatever it is it keeps happening, not that theres anything wrong with that its just a bit wierd that it keeps happening and each time it seems as if i get closer to her than i did the last time

all i know is that i wake up feeling exedingly happy (:

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2009, 10:14:17 am »
it seems to me more like a vivid daydream/fantasy than a real lucid but i do have controle over most of what happens, whatever it is it keeps happening, not that theres anything wrong with that its just a bit wierd that it keeps happening and each time it seems as if i get closer to her than i did the last time

hrm,
 the more you say this the more it sounds like a day dream, as you said. But the fact that you're getting further each time intrigues me greatly, I would definitely like to here more about this as your dream progress's.

As for the time after words, having great dreams is super fun, am I right  ;)

Offline Aurora

« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2009, 10:36:47 am »

hrm,
 the more you say this the more it sounds like a day dream, as you said. But the fact that you're getting further each time intrigues me greatly, I would definitely like to here more about this as your dream progress's.

As for the time after words, having great dreams is super fun, am I right  ;)

i'll keep you updated and yes you're right *wink,wink* "say no more" ;)

Offline Aurora

« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2009, 12:37:02 pm »
it just happend again i know it's not been long since my last post but thats day-dreaming for you eh!
i got so close to her this time and then i snapped out of it and came drearily back into the real world.
i'm just wondering if any of this sybolises somthing?

i mean the fox kinda reminds me of a girl i used to like     think about someti..   like
and i wonder if that means somthing?

Offline Aurora

« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2009, 09:55:17 am »
ok, first of all sorry for posting three times in a row now but i had to post this before i forgot
yep i had the dream again but this time it was longer than ever, i didnt get just get close to her i...erm...well i think you can guess what happend :-[

i just thought it was a bit wierd to have such a vivid day dream/drousy fantasy but what ever it was it progressed very quikly from the first dream to the one i just explained about, if it carry's on still i'll be very suprised

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2009, 04:29:38 pm »
Cool that you got further than ever.

it's interesting that you got so into the day dream,

i would like to continue the discussion with you but the delicacy of this topic is a bit much for furtopia.

so if you would like any more help with this feel free to contact me via any of the IM's I have.

edit: i fixed the post since im now on my computer

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:44:23 pm by Hayaikawa »

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2009, 03:11:02 am »
sometimes in my dream, i think i am controlling my dream. im not sure, but i think i am. o-o i end up in a situation & im like "...well this happend in real life!", where i know im dreaming, but i cant do anything bout it till im like "DAMN RIGHT I JUST DID THAT. ouo"

like the other day, i DIED in my dream. & some say when you die in your dream, you die in real life. in the dream, i was like "...I JUST DIED. imma ghost now? i know im dreaming, BUT I JUST DIED." i woke up like "...HAHA I DIDNT DIE IN REAL LIFE YAY."

...i guess i expierienced what it was like to die. i remember seeing myself dicintegrate, then a flash of white, then black & there i was. floating like a ghost. almost like how you respawn in a video game, cept it was more fun. :D

im not sure, but i think the explosion that caused me to die...i forget, but i think i wanted it to explode. just so i couldnt suffer knowing there was an explosion bout to happen whenever. im not sure if i controlled it or not.

D:? *is confused with that dream*
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2009, 03:20:26 am »
from what i've read you had a few semi lucids.

the dieing int he dream and then dieing in real life a not real.
you can kill you self like crazy in a dream and be fine.

if you kill your self in a lucid you'll just respawn next to your dead corpse of be talaported to a new location.