Author Topic: Anyone play the Fallout series?  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Anyone play the Fallout series?
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:04:22 am »
Well most people know that I love (I have all the dlc for both) Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Does anybody else love the fallout games? Also the dlcs are worth getting or the GOTY edition. So anyone else play these games?(I know some do on here)
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Anyone play the Fallout series?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 10:44:49 am »
Played every game in the Fallout series so far (not completed Tactics yet, but I'm working on it). So far, Fallout 2 is my favourite :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 11:13:33 am »
The Fallout series is probably one of those unique game series that makes you come back to play more. That's why I love it so much, (Fallout3 and NV are the two I've played most) plus the lore really just pulls you into the game.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 08:15:08 pm »
If your into Fallout 2, don't forget to look up the restoration mod. Adds alout of story and cool things and places that they didn't get in the firdt place.

Also, Fallout 3 is not fallout. It's a mod for Oblivion, a poor game in it's own right.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:49:14 pm »
^ found that funny but true. I like Fallout 3 a lot especially the dlc for it really helps spice it up a little.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:06:26 am »
If your into Fallout 2, don't forget to look up the restoration mod.
Way ahead of you :p

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 03:16:12 am »
iv played fallout 3 all expansions maybe twice and watched my brother complete the main story and large secondary missions. as for fallout new vegas i bough all expansions but have only gotten maybe half way and havent played any expansions (bough the expansions while on sale in case i ever play it again) forgot why i stopped playing tho.

fallout 3 was one of my favorite games. the story was really nice, and exploration was pretty fun. (even tho now when i think of it the map is pretty small) i still remember when i was watching my brother play and he found his first laser pistol, we were pretty excited (i was 9 years old) fallout 3 was also our first rpg so that might be why its so memorable to me.
fallout NV was pretty nice too tho not as memorable. i did like the hardcore mode where there was hunger/thirst (the game was still to easy for me)

im not sure if ill ever play them again kinda moved towards skyrim. currently im modding skyrim for my first play through without cheats (the one i used cheats on i barely remember so this will be nice) just started installing mods today (having a hard time about what mods to install) really wished that skyrim was multiplayer, not like ESO tho. not much of a fan of those MMO rpgs (mostly like small group co-op)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 09:40:02 am »
Well you should install a couple texture mods for skyrim(i  love skyrim as well, level 56 and rising), some of the textures for base game are a little boring. Some of the mods add some more trees and make the place look a little more pretty :P. Can't really recommend any but look up 'skyrim mods weekly' on YouTube they have some great mods! :) You should totally get back into Fallout (you won't regret it) I've noticed I've been playing a lot of  Black ops 2 though, maybe because of the double gun exp and game match bonus this week. :-[
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:41:43 am by Amducious »