Author Topic: Close friends... kinda [IC]  (Read 6327 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: Close friends... kinda [IC]
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »
"No. You didn't get my name. But I guess you deserve to know," Terrence said grouchily, followed by a sigh. "It's Terrence. Don't think anythin of it though. If you had told me I was a nice guy five years ago I might not even be here," she said with a shrug.

"It's fine Carlos. It's not like it's really your fault. I just got distracted is all," she said continuing her onslaught on the current level. "But yeah. One round I guess is enough... for the four matches I beat you in," Jenna said with a wide smirk.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:15:38 pm by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 11:18:12 pm »
Helena simply nodded "People come, people go...so is life Terrance." she began to draw his portrait, making many rough lines and gradually erasing them forming the tighter, more accurate lines. "Been around this town for a while i'm guessing." trying to make a little smalltalk as she went seeing that business was slow.

"Well save for like pro gamers, that's probably more than most can say!" Carlos answered. He popped a piece of sushi in his mouth as he finished followed by a coconut shrimp. "Mmm...that's good stuff right there." he snickered a bit "Hey Jenna, if you wanna come over later for the late night party you can use my big tv for your games if you like."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 11:31:16 pm »
"Yeah. Been here for about three years now. This hole of a town. At least I can get good booze if not anything else," Terrence said as he leaned back in his chair. By now he wasn't really acting like himself as the four tall mugs of beer kinda said that he may have been a little drunk. "But I guess there's other things here too. There's always the park. It's pretty quiet there. I actually planned to head over there since it's snowing right now," he said looking out the window, noticing it snow. "It's even more quiet then because there are no cars on the streets around the park."

"Well... do you have those headphones that connect to the TV? Because otherwise I'm not gonna be able to hear any sounds the game makes," Jenna said with a shrug. "But I guess I could. It's better than my pathetic excuse for a television. It's a freakin... box shaped TV. A BOX CARLOS!"
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:07 pm »
"Yeah...if you really wanna game you gotta balance your game purchases with better equipment. I mean sure I don't play games a lot but when I do I do it right." Carlos answered. "Anyways, nice to hear I got one more guest for tonight." Usually his parties consisted of some loud music to irritate the neighbors and inviting all the girls to sleepover. Sure it could be mistaken that they were doing...stuff, but in truth Carlos never did more than cuddle up with the girls at his parties. "and yeah, the headphones can hook up to it if memory serves."

"Been here for a long while myself. going on...four years I think." Helena answered as she continued to sketch. "I mean sure this town is rather sleepy and a bit boring but it ain't all bad. the park is rather nice for when I don't feel like stowing away in my apartment." she began to notice the snow as well "Good thing about the snow, probably not a lot of people under the gazebo."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »
Jenna shook her head. "Fine. I guess I can come. But it's like you'll be doing anything else besides girls," she said as she turned off her gamebark and leaned back in her seat. "Even though we're friends, we don't really hang out much. I mean... you tend to always be on one date or another. Can't really say the last time you had the chance to play a game of Cogs of Uzi," Jenna said as she got out the booth. "I'm gonna go for a walk. I'll meet you at your place, kay?"

"Can't say I've really been to the gazebo. I really just sit at the bench near the entrance and enjoy the silence," Terrence said with a shrug. "I'd rather not be noticed by other people anyways. All people really want nowadays is either for you to buy something or stick with you for funding."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 10:57:50 pm »
"Who said I was gonna do that?" Carlos answered. "I only go to bed when i'm tired. I can do a round or two of Cogs...Although i'd love a good round of Rekken tag Tourney." He suggested as Jenna stood up to leave.

"Eh, on sundays the Gazebo is like a big Artist's alley. People playing music, offering drawings and paintings and stuff. It's not all bad, puts money in the pockets after all." Helena answered. "Though any other day, the bench is a rather nice place to relax and draw whatever comes to mind."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 10:57:05 pm »
"I suppose we could do both. I'm fine with any game. Long as I have someone to play it with," Jenna said with a shrug as she walked out the bar into the cold.

"Yeah," Terrence said rubbing the back of his neck. "Ya know... you're the only one to actually stand a conversation with me. I respect that."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 12:18:12 am »
Carlos nodded "Alright, you know what, i'll get this food boxed up and we can head over." With that, a waitress came over with the leftover appetizers they ordered and Carlos was out the door. The group that was with him had actually dispersed and decided they were a bit tuckered out to party...looked like Jenna might just get a chance to hang with Carlos alone.

Helena nodded "Really? Kinda surprises me, usually I ain't the best at holding a conversation. I tend to let my art do most of the talking." She noticed Carlos and the others headed out "Luckilly it seems like things are about to get a little quieter if that's what you like."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 07:15:54 pm »
"this whole town is a dump...I may have been born here but i'm a city girl" she hopped up on the counter and sat
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 10:39:32 pm »
Jenna looked around as the group dispersed from Carlos. "Looks like you mighta lost your touch Carlos," Jenna said elbowing Carlos jokingly. "Alright. Let's go play some Cogs. I've been waiting to kick your tail feathers for a long time anyways."

Terrence sighed. "Wonderful. I could use the quiet. Thinking time really," Terrence said as he looked up at the ceiling. "Although it's probably just the alcohol talking at this point."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 11:08:06 pm »
Carlos' feathers ruffled a bit as Jenna elbowed him and for walking out in the snow exposed from the waist up "Eh...whatever. I suppose just chilling with one friend's good for now." shrugging as he finished. "Anyways, back to my place it is...video games, comfy couches and chairs...not to mention a bit warmer." He hopped into his car and opened the passenger door for Jenna.

Helena took a nice deep breath "Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's a good time to reflect, think...for me, maybe find some inspiration." she continued drawing in her sketchbook "Not to mention...time to do my own work."

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 11:17:21 pm »
"this whole town is a dump...I may have been born here but i'm a city girl" she hopped up on the counter and sat

Devynn nodded. "You drive like one." She took a long drink of her rootbeer and sat the mug back on the counter. "I have prior obligations, though."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 11:19:49 pm »
"Since when are you the gentleman," Jenna asked as she stepped inside Carlos' car. "You know I have my own car right? I drove it here? But hey if you're offering a ride, I won't object," Jenna said with a shrug as she leaned back in her seat.

Terrence began to wonder. To think deeply. He didn't even know what he was saying at this point. "What gives you this... inspiration," he asked slowly, yet with a stern tone.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 11:25:15 pm »
"That'll  be eight forty three...I like a hard and fast life, so I drive fast"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 11:26:07 pm »
"It...it kinda comes from wherever really." Helena answered "Could be something I see, a story someone told me or the way something looks. Y'know seeming boring mundane things from everyday life. Then simply taking it and interpreting the hell out of it."

"Eh, since you're the only one at the party tonight so I figure roil out the welcome wagon." Carlos answered flashing a smile her way. "Anyways, video games tonight, spicy chicken, coconut shrimp, and sushi for breakfast in the morning I guess."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 11:30:17 pm »
"I could tell." Devynn said, digging in her pocket and pulling out a ten. "Keep the change. It means nothing to me. You know... I could name several plants native to this area that would help with pain if you ever wrecked that bike..."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 11:32:31 pm »
Terrence sighed. "You wanna hear a story? I got one," Terrence said beginning to stare down the empty mug he had in front of him. "I wasn't always like this. I used to be a pretty confident person. I worked out. I had a nice job. So on so forth. Then one day I just get laid off because some new punk came waltzing in. Turns out it was the boss' son. So I couldn't fight against it. Now I'm stuck in a low paying job and I buy cheap beer from here. Plus I've had people not treat me with really any kind of respect. Not like I did anything great in life to earn it anyways."

"Wonderful. I forgot to bring my toothbrush though. And who said I was staying the night," Jenna said with a raised eyebrow in a smirk. "But I guess I'll consider it. Depends on how much better you've gotten on Cogs and other games I am naturally a pro at. Like Cranium Boys."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 11:35:21 pm »
"oh? thanks for the tip, and i'll be sure to look you up"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 11:43:40 pm »
Helena seemed a bit brought down by Terrance's story "Not been exactly easy for me. Parents were never home, had to fend for myself a lot. Worked for whatever I wanted, lived off of store brand peanut butter, frozen green beans, Chinese takeout, and microwave cake. Got noticed for my art when I was sixteen and got into a couple artist alleys at conventions, started drawing in the park and got a small following. didn't pick up enough to pay the rent and food bill but like I said, it helps."

Carlos sighed "Well, only one way to find out I guess. Pick up your game system and off to the palace of King Carlos Pachaka!!! To the lap of luxury, sleeping till noon, and pool lounging the day away..."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:47:15 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 12:36:38 am »
"That would probably be a bad idea." Devynn said. "The guys can get... Defensive... I could look you up, though."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 12:59:05 am »
"guys? what guys? besides, if you're offering to help me if I get hurt, It doesn't do a lot of good unless I can tell you i'm hurt"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 01:39:26 am »
"Good point." Devynn said, surprisingly unlocking a smartphone. "Just give me your number... The guys from the tribe... They're good guys, really, but... They tend to be protective of tribe land... And me..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 01:51:13 am »
"I've dealt with gangs before...you may not be a gang, but in hostility you present the same modus opperandi..365-8761"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2014, 01:56:51 am »
Devynn shrugged and entered her number. "I'm still getting used to the whole thing, really... Though, they might actually bring you to me if they found you trespassing... And they might not... They're wierd... They're always muttering about riding me into town and things like that... I think they've all lost it. I'm not a horse, let alone a feral one."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:01:09 am by Sledge »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2014, 02:13:12 am »
(I don't get it)
"weird...I don't see how you can stand living with someone that protective"