Author Topic: Darkest hour (OOC)  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Darkest hour (OOC)
« on: August 04, 2014, 03:25:39 pm »
As an interesting counterpoint to Seaofwhispers exorcism campaign, i will be formulating a campaign pitting the forces of inferno and paradiso against each other. You can be on either side, but you may indeed have to fight each other. i will be basing this rp of off various games, historical sources, and other things. Some things i will most likely be using either references from, or interesting pieces: Judeo-christian religions (please note, these are my alterations and interpretations, so if you dont like it, its just a game), bayonetta, devil may cry, D&D, and blue exorcist. Each class has a mirror image on both the side of dark and light.

Setting: prime material, Purgatorio, inferno, and paradiso. Purgatorio is halfway between inferno and paradiso, and is adjacent to the mortal world. while in purgatorio, your missed attacks cannot harm mortals. Paradiso is heaven, inferno is hell. You will very rarely enter the material for long periods of time.

Theme: good vs. evil (though there will definatly be some grey areas)

RULES
1. My rule is law, if i say something, i dont want you to contradict me. if you absolutely have to, you need to PM me.
2. no godmodding
3. there might be permadeaths
4. if you have a question/suggestion ask/offer, and ill answer/take it into consideration
5. if you argue with each other, you wll be warned once, and then if it continues, youll be asked to leave

Classes (dark/light) (dark was black, but nobody could see it  :P )
warlock/invoker: This class is based on pacts/oaths. the warlock sells his soul to the demon lords in exchange for dark power, while the invoker pledges to uphold goodness and order to the archangels. they gain the ability to work several magical abilities, and fire blasts of angelfire/hellfire
Dark knight/paladin: This class is based on war. The dark knight can poison foes with a touch, smite good dresses in dark armor and uses heavy weapons, and casts VERY minor dark magic. The paladin can heal his allies, smite evil, uses heavy armor, usually arms themselves with shield  and sword, and casts VERY minor light magic
black mage/white mage: The black mage works as an evil wizard, summoning demons, creating undead, and working curses and hexes. The white mage works as a good mage, summoning angels, healing the living, and casting protective spells
demonologist/exorcist: Mirror images of one another, the demon infuser uses demons to possess enemies and control them, while the exorcist fights them off with incantations and magic
demon binder/excstatic binder: A demon binder binds demons to their soul, gaining their dark powers to combt his foes. the excstatic binder allows an angel to fill their soul, using the holy light of paradiso to fight the forces of darkness
Demon thrall/angel disciple: Demon thralls gain a number of specific abilities dependant on their lord, while angel disciples train in the arts of a single archangel patron (reguires a lot of work on my part, so i will see if anyone is interested before i put in details)

Lastly, those who progress very far, and try hard, may in fact be allowed to enter the mysterious umbra witches, or the mystical lumen sages. their powers are mysteries to those not initiatied into their arts.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:28:10 pm by Blackrose13 »
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: Darkest hour (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:36:05 pm »
This one is in! I may even very well through my Exorcist character here. see how that works for him.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:17:54 pm »
I might try an extatic binder.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »
ANGELS
They are the messangers of god, descending on his holy rays to earth
Angels are the servants of the powers of good. Angels, while commonly depicted as winged furs, actually have a variety of rather odd and strange forms, though there are angels who simply appear as winged furs. typically, angels have white feathered wings, halos, and carry golden weapondry. The halos of angels are used as a rare and valuable form of currency amongst the forces of darkness, with demons especially favoring the metal rings. Also valuable is the crystalized form of angels song, whichmust be gathered from the third vault of paradiso, where it drifts on the winds. Despite their beautiful apperances, on the inside, angels lack a great deal of beauty. they wear their beautiful shells not out of vainity or a wish to decieve their mortal allies, but to protect them from the rather hideous nature of their actual forms. Angels speak in a language of exceptional beauty, and most mortal tongues cannot learn it without special training. the prescence of an angel is usually accompanied by light, angelic choirs, and falling downy feathers. they enter in purgatorio, and are VERY rrely allowed entrance into the prime material. 

Cherubim: the sound of a chorus of laughing babies enters your ears as you spot this angel Cherubim resemble small porcelain heads of babies, with halos and wings of beaten gold. Cherubim fire arrows of pure holy energy, piercing the flesh of the wicked. it is said that if a good creature is struck with an arrow, it means that they are about to meet their true love. If struck enough, the porcelain mask breaks, revealing a pulsating mass of flesh covered in golden eyes, and a glowing central eye that fires the light arrows. they avoid revealing this true form to believers, as this is known to frighten them.

mission: a fiery wheel, with a face bound to it, whistles past, holy fire scalding the impure Missions resemble wheels, on which the spokes are covered in a porcelain disk representing a famous saint, priest, or other important religious figure. the entire wheel is coated in red angelfire, serving to burn the unworthy and impure beings. Missions are deplyed to deliver important messages, and to scout ahead of the main angelic forces. If their porcelain shell is shattered, the inside is a quivering mass of angelic flesh, vaguely resembling a scallop. Mission flesh is a delicacy in the inferno. Their halo floats a few inches parallel to their face, being vertical.

Excstacy: A beautiful female tigress stood there, hands raised to heaven, while her downy wings covered her nude body Excstacies are angels of pleasure, dispatched to spread the divine love of the gods to worthy mortals. An excstacy resembles a perfectly formed mortal with 2 pairs of downy wings, and a golden halo aroud their head. An excstacy is actually genderless, though it can take on the form of any kind of mortal, usually doing so depending on the wishes of the person they were sent too. Excstacies are usually nonviolent, but if forced into combat, they use wing buffets on their foes, along with a touch that sends bolts of pure excstacy through the target, knocking out or stunning foes. Excstacies have no "true" form, they always appear as perfectly formed mortals, or 4 winged halos.

Thrones: Is that...a car?!?!?! A throne angel is the vehicle of the gods, higher angels, and worthy mortals. they can take the shape of any transport (cars are common), though in the past they resembled their cousins the missions, taking the form of wheels. the throne can take a myriad of shapes, but the most common is a car, with a white paintjob, golden trim, and angelic decorations on the car. the angels halo appears as the hood ornament. A thrones true body lies inside the "engine", where it appears as a pulsating heart. A throne can move at speeds up to 500mph, though doing so tires them greatly, so this is generally only used for short bursts of speed.

Applauds: The choirs of angelic song try and fail to muffle the beating of wings, as the soldiers of paradiso descend to earth Applauds are heavens rank and file, armed with light armors of gold, platinum, and silver, and carrying weapons of many kinds, they are trained in many combat tactics. these angels are believed to be the ones depicted as wielding flaming swords. Applauds resemble suits of armor made from shinign steel, armed with heavenly wapondry, and equpt with 2 massive wings to carry them into battle. They are the guardions of the masses, and recive much adoration from mortals who encounter them.

Glorious: upon sighting this magnificent creature, you feel the urge to kneel and bow, to this example of divine perfection Glorious are just that: Glorious. they appear as porcelain furs with 6 wings, and halos that rotate around their heads. they are rarely called, as their mere prescence can destroy weaker creatures. they are dispatched to fight the greatest of demons, and their strength is that of twenty men. those who see them nearly go blind from the shining light that extends from them. When their porcelan body is shattered, shafts of pure light shoot out of their core, and their wings fall apart into feathers.

purity: this figure resembles an enourmous griffin of porcelain, gold plated wings spreading from its back, and a halo floating above its head Purities are battle angels resembling griffins. they spew forth blasts of angelic fire and divine lightning, along with biting with their sharp teeth. when their armor is shattered, they resemble large purple fleshed beasts, similar to a crss between a crocodile and a hunting cat, with eerily luminous eyes upon their heads, and mouths dripping with fiery spittle. their tails are tipped with massive clubs to smash foes
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:16:49 pm by Blackrose13 »
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:35:48 pm »
Ok. So how does the extatic binder work from a functionality standpoint?

(All that work...sorry.)
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:40:49 pm »
Hmmm... Intriguing.... As with Sea's, I'm possibly interested...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
nice to have you playing sledge, i like your characters

Dont worry Furenzied, i dont mind doin a little extra work  :) Basically, you gain a bunch of abilities that are basic angelic abilites, and a couple specific ones based on what angel you bind to your spirit. you can pick an angel, and you have an angel bound to your soul. it acts as a spiritual guide, guardian, etc.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »
Ok. But is it possible to move from one to another through whatever means if at all? Weither or not it sacrifices some, most, or all abilities from the predecessor?
Mate of WereCat

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:23 pm »
oh, of course. you need to meditate and burn sacred incense in a holy place for 8 hours, and you can have up to 2 sets of abilities
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »
Sets? There's ability sets?

Anyway...I think I might build up from the mission, to the Throne, then maybe the applaud then have something weird happen and that's it.

The mission reminds me of the Japanese wheel demon...except without the porcean and halo.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 09:25:27 pm »
I mean, you can switch between angels. you start with one, and can progress to others with new rituals and oaths of good.

Mission-throne-applaud-other makes a little bit odd sense. Applauds, while more powerful than a normal, nonmagical mortal, are the weakest angels so far (besides the cherubim).

Actually, in ancient religions there were wheel shaped angels, and wheel shaped christian demons, but i will admit, the japanese wheel demons are pretty neat.

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:02 pm »
DEMONS
infernal corruptors and betrayers of heaven who seek the destruction of mortals
Demons are the foul counterparts to angels. Unlike angels, demons revile in their disgusting apperance, not hiding behind masks of porcelain. Demons have much more varied forms than angels. Demons are often bound into powerful magical weapons, serving to destroy the servants of heaven and mortals alike. Demons cannot enter the prime material unless summoned there by a mortal. Demons speak a language that is guttural and bestial to angels, but exquisitly beautiful to mortal ears. Most demons are made from sinful mortal souls, but the oldest are the remenants of fallen angels. Demons are harder to hurt than angels, but angels tend to travel in large groups.

succubus/incubus: The wolf smiled, eyes shimmering a dusky red, bat wings folded behind his back, beckoning with a black clawed hand Succubi/Incubi are the female and male versions of a lust demon. they have comely forms that are made to seduce mortals. A succubus/incubus has a variety of abilities to let them control targets, and can drain mortals life energy through acts of passion and loving kisses. incubi and succubi are also resilient to effects that detect evil or harm evil creatures (though not immune)

Erinyes: Hovering in front of you is a vision of angelic beauty, marred only by the jet black of the wing feathers, and the look of twisted hate on their face Erinyes resemble succubi and incubi, but instead of bat wings, they have black feathered angel wings. one would assume that they use their beauty to seduce their foes, but this is not true. A erinyes is a warrior, specializing in bows, and able to summon a rope to drag mortal souls to inferno. An erinyes has terrible strength in their beautiful bodies, and are immune to flames.

balor: in front of you lies a form wreathed in the sulferous flames of the pit, curved horns jutting from its head and a fanged maw roaring blasphemous curses to the sky A balor is a powerful demon that wreaths itself in hellfire. Balors have a very hard time slipping into the material plane, so are thankfully rare. A balor wields an enourmous lightning bolt as a sword, and a flaming whip that can grab its foes. huge batlike wings wreath its form, letting it take to the sky.

Lawyer devil: The rabbit smirked at John, shifting her legs in her tight buisness skirt "Unfortunatly for you, your contract doesnt allow that... A contract devil appears as a normal fur, minus a few traits. their tails have a light spaded tip, tiny horns rest on their forehead, and their eyes are a dark black. Contract devils offer pacts with mortals, making demonic contracts that allow demons to collect the souls they desire for their dark purposes. this is a great boon to their masters, who grant lawyer devils a great deal of magical protection. Lawyer devils strength relies in their persuasion, and they can summon toxic daggers, but in a straight up fair fight, they are very much at a disadvantage

Contract devil: Please read subsection F, clause B, subsection Q, paragraph 3, where it explicitly states that NO atonements will be accepted. Contract devils look like muscular humans about 10ft tall. they have huge crowns of curving black horns from which hang sheets upon sheets of scrolls detailing infernal contracts and true names of demons and devils. A contract devil forms when a lawyer devil succesfully makes their quota of souls, and is advanced along the burocracy of hell. They have lost their ability to conjure toxic daggers, but have become potent mages, specializing in curses and compulsions

Heresy devil: the church groups frantic prayers turned to silent mutterings as the demon walked up the church. dark runes floated about it, and where it walked, all was impure and tainted Heresy devils are deadly creatures. they are hunters of angels and holy men, able to pierce spels that protect others from evil, walk upon holy ground, and ignore the flames of holy water. Heresy devils have powerful profane magic letting them combat holy warriors

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 10:58:57 pm »
Well we already discussed who i'll be using so you have my assured character. Definitely looking forward to this one  :D
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »
I'm in as always.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:01 pm »
Yep, your accepted sea, and hey wise, nice to have ya here
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 11:23:46 pm »
hmmm...I like it
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 01:03:29 am »
Mind if i join in? i have a great charater i can recycle for this one as a lawyer demon.
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 01:10:08 am »
um, your supposed to be a mortal usually, but i guess you can play a demon if you want
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 06:21:23 pm »
sweetness it seems there is no skeleton sheet so i suppose a detailed character sheet will do?
 Here is my rough draft.
Name: Kraise
Species: caline (Canine/ Feline)
class: demon binder
demon: lawyer demon
Demon name: Rin
Demon Fursonality: devious and hungry, he does not fight for the demons nor the angels,
Height:5'10"
Weight: 155
Appearance:mixed canine and feline facial features. long black hair frosted with inferno red tips, his fur is black with inferno red tribal markings (caused by the possession.) Kraises tail  is like that of a cats prehensile and strong. his slender build allows for quick movement and precise attacks
Fursonality: relaxed and observant, with a tone to his voice that is subdued almost like a dull knife. but still able to get the"point" across. (i made a funny)
Weapons/Gear: primary weapon is the demonic pen and paper which comes standard with lawyer demons, the effects of which carves a symbol into the writers hide, which marks their soul for taking. The secondary is his trusted chained demon daggers, with a reach of about 5ft  http://licataknives.deviantart.com/art/Karambit-with-spike-400162760 aka soul ripper. However the chain is only an extention of Kraise  to hold the demon and only appears when the daggers are drawn from the sheeth.
History:alone as a child Kraise was an outcast seeing demons and angels didn't gain him much popularity. on his 16th birthday after the beating of a lifetime, he woke up at a crossroads with a book in hand the likes of which he had never seen. he sat for hours on that crossroad reading the tomb until he reached the section on binding demons. upon finishing the section a male fur appeared across from him with his arms crossed and a large grin. that night he offered his own soul as payment for a semi permanent binding to Rin. (as a downside to this binding, kraise and rin must share the same body and will often times switch between the two personality.)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:41:55 pm by evolve42 »

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 04:14:58 am »
Um, a lawyer demon who doesnt fight for the demons? Please explain?
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 12:53:29 pm »
Well I doubt he'd make it to the Glorious...but I suppose it would be strange to go from a Throne to a 'weaker' angel.
Mate of WereCat

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »
Ok well if you think about it lawyers are sleezy as all what the hell, steriotypically, and always after what benifites them most. A lawyer demon has to collect souls via contract. So if all the other demons are let out to destroy the humans that means less prey for the lawyer demon. And that is why Rin the lawyer demon has no interest in helping the demons, infact under the right conditions he might want to stop the demons.  (Good no?)

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 05:13:36 pm »
you do know that as a traitor, the demons will hunt you, as will the angels right? i mean, if you wanna, go ahead by all means, but im just warning you.

if you try hard enough, and are pure enough, you might eventually attract a glorious
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 08:34:38 pm »
well that sounds awesome. and i am aware of the risk but i hope that Kraise and Rin will make a good character.  if this means i  can join it would be nice  to start at maybe a.... funeral?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:46:05 am by evolve42 »

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:21 pm »
Hmmm...well...that might work, I'm trying to build off a speed / spy/ messager but that could be good too. He could use geurilla tatics and tricks to get what needs to be done.
Mate of WereCat