Author Topic: Cosplay Help  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
Cosplay Help
« on: April 30, 2015, 09:39:34 pm »
first off, sorry if this doesn't go here. it says costuming so i assumed this is where i would post this.

so i really want to make cosplay. specifically Yang Xiao Long, from the anime RWBY, and dragon wings. But as i have never made cosplay that involves anything more then clothing, i have no idea how to make this.

with Yang, she has these cuff-like things on her wrists to help with her punching. What material would i use to make that?

and for the wings, i wanted to make them retractable and have a total wing span of about 6 feet and a handle/loop at the bend so i cant move them. But once again, what material would i use to make them? And how would i go about making them?

i don't have a deadline or anything. i just really want to make these. Any information is useful! Thank you to anyone who helps!

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Cosplay Help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 02:04:09 am »
If you'd be able to post some references of the character or maybe even the outfit, I think it would help a bunch ;)

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »
If you'd be able to post some references of the character or maybe even the outfit, I think it would help a bunch ;)

im not good at posting pictures. :-[ everytime i try i mess it up.... :(

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:56 pm »
I used Bing and found lots of images of Yang Xiao Long. As far as the bracers (things on her arms) Look up different EVA Foam armor how to's on Youtube. Easier than you think! You can look up how to's on wings as well. Perhaps not as easy but still doable.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.