general furry discussion > the polling booth

Do you still want to see cartoons from when you were younger?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kobuk:

--- Quote ---Ren and Stimpy.......pushed so many boundaries. I'd watch it again.
--- End quote ---

I loved that show! It was hilarious.  :D I need to get the DVD of that.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned another favorite cartoon: Road Rovers. It only lasted one season I think. :( But I do have the DVD of it.

Firelight:
Catdog
Angry Beavers

Kay Alett:
I constantly watch cartoons from my childhood. Though I use certain sites that just allow me to stream the shows without paying a subscription. And that's all I'm gonna say.

I've rewatched old stuff like New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Gargoyles, Ducktales (original), Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, The Littles, Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, Garfield, etc.

I've seen every cartoon show that everyone here has listed too lol
Yeah, i kinda like my cartoons.
So let me add some that i don't see here from my childhood.

Transformers (the Generation 1 original)
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
Denver the Last Dinosaur (if you like the pauly shore movie Encino Man with Brendan Fraser and Samwise Gamgee, think that but if they dug up a dinosaur instead of a caveman)
Dinosaucers (same basic principle as transformers but if the autobots and decepticons weren't giant, transforming robots but super evolved talking alien dinosaurs. The 80s were wild, cocaine is a heck of a thing.)
Jeis and the Wheeled Warriors (magic, cars, evil robot cars, super space technology and a young boy avenging his dad. This is peak 80s anime in America)
Thundercats (80's original. This has enough attention i think everyone knows it but i grew up in the 80s so the original is my jam)
Silverhawks (It's thundercats but if they were cyborg bird people and ones a cowboy)
Voltron (nuff said)

Jade Sinapu:
Oh dang!  So many good memories here!
Thanks for sharing!

I have found however, that there may be a dark side to this all.  I was talking with someone, and they said I was racist because I grew up watching some cartoons with racisit ideas in it.
I will not mention series or episodes.
But point was that people are retroactively banning some cartoons and episodes in some platforms (or they want to) because they may make someone offended in some way.
Funny thing is I watched most of these as kids and I did not ever see any issue, and knew anything was amiss.  And now I can't remember anything out of the ordinary in it.
But of course I am sure some people would say I can't see the racism because I am white... IDK.  What a crappy way to ruin my childhood.

I forgot to make this a poll, but you all came through and listed what you liked!
TBH I found Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers in Goodwill, which made me make this post in the first place.

I watched like 7 episodes, and found that these are well drawn, good color, and higher frame rate aka not crap.
The plots are sort of above average for the target audience, and had enough adult humor I can laugh.  The Fat Cat Stomp (song and dance) in one episode made me actually go "wow not bad!".
And I still like Gadget!   :-[ :-[   (help me)

I am looking forward to burning through the whole set of disks and see what else from my past makes me laugh again!

p.s.  found someone with a used Gargoyles DVD set on eBay for cheap!  I hope it hasn't been through a belt sander

Firelight:
Somone will be offended by something, can't please everybody. Say what you want about Splash Mountain but I couldn't see anything bad about the ride it's self as it was just the cartoon part but eh haters gonna hate.

Yes splash mountain is a ride and not a movie but I wanted to mention it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version