furry arts discussion > singing, music, & dance

Hows your voice

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kada-Ru:
(goes to turn on speakers to hear the tune)

Hmmm... interesting. Reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it....

Drake Blackpaw:
WhiteShepherd,  That is a lovely song.  Like MidnightDragon, I'm impressed that you are able to keep the time so perfectly without any accompanyment.  The way you sang the song, and the melody made me think of Burle Ives for some reason.

MidnightDragon, interesting piece. The singing is definitely operatic.

And thanks Manethran, WhiteSheperd, and MidnightDragon for the complements.  

Just a idea, has any thought of putting together a Furtopia compilation music CD?  We certainly have a large group of musicians on the forums.

Drake

WhiteShepherd:
Midnight: Hmm, your song sounds Arabic or Indian (Eastern) pluss add in some digital echo and looping?  I'll check my sources and see if I can faithfully follow a cultural refrence like this.

Drake: Actually a Furtopia Music CD does sound like a nice thing.  Even if it was just music compiled by member artists.  A sampler CD (advertising contributing members sites) would be cool to give our at Anthrocon.  But I'm not sure we could pool that much together fast enough?  I know a couple other artists who would most likely want a song on the CD.

Drake Blackpaw:
I think getting a full CD together by Thursday would be exceedingly difficult.  I think some furs who would want to be on it would also be missed in the rush, so there's a good chance for some hurt feelings.

What's the next con that Furtopia attends?  It sounds like some of our members are going to MFF, maybe they would be willing to distribute some sampler CDs to advertise Furtopia?  That would give us another month or so to get it together.

MidnightDragon, I've finished lyrics for one song that's definitely furry themed, and I'm in the process of another.  So, I'm working on getting some furry music out there.  I need to get off my butt and apply for webspace and forum here so I can share the lyrics, as the definitely go over PG-13.  Oh, well you can see where my mind is.

Drake

Drake Blackpaw:
Quote (MidnightDragon @ July 15 2003, 9:58 am)I would like to hear this Fur-Song.
Right now it's just lyrics, though I have ideas for how I want the music to sound.  The biggest question is whether the band I'm in will do it, or will I do it myself.  I already presented the lyrics to them and gotten a semi-positive response.  

Try explaining a song called Yiff, which is fairly explicit to four people who never even heard of furry.  Talk about embaressing moments.  

Drake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version