Author Topic: Wearing furry gear to be happy?  (Read 6549 times)

Offline LaMarCat1

• I ♥ Science!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
Re: Wearing furry gear to be happy?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »
Same here bro. No expects me to be like that but I really am when I'm around my really good friends. But when I get a fursuit, it's gonna be so kick butt!! It will allow me to hide my face and conquer my barrier of shyness! Ohhh I can't wait!!~

Watch the language, please. ;) The automated censor did catch the original word you tried to use and changed it to "butt". Please remember the following:
d) No swearing of anything harsher than “damn” and “hell”. Please don't try to bend the rules by using creative spelling (fsck), acronyms (WT F), censoring, insinuation, or other tricks. Talk smarter, not harder.

Oppsies!! I'm so sorry!!! D:

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:10 pm »
 :goldglee: I'd wear typical furry gear, too.... If my great dane didn't eat it all.... :'(. Need to find a good place to buy animal shirts, thought. :o
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Mortuest

• Fur-curious
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:38 am »
Same here bro. No expects me to be like that but I really am when I'm around my really good friends. But when I get a fursuit, ... It will allow me to hide my face and conquer my barrier of shyness! Ohhh I can't wait!!~

I completely understand shyness.  I tend to be hesitant in front of new people that I want acceptance with, but what I've found to make things a lot easier is start doing what you like in front of people you trust to support you.  Once you are comfortable with that, you can do anything in front of people you don't care about - you just have to remember, their opinion doesn't matter.    After that part, you already know what you like, and are comfortable enough to do what makes you feel good in front of stranges ... the next step is to just be yourself in front of new people you care about.  Your self-confidence will impress them more than your appearance will confuse them.  It is a short step from that to encouraging others to join in.  You could be a great leader to help other furries be strong enough to be who they want to be ... if you choose to.  It all starts with making the decision to do it.

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 03:11:08 pm »
I certainly feel really good wearing my quad and even better looking at the pictures and the reactions of the people around me which I can't see as well inside the quad.  I also make it a point to wear my ears and tails around campus as often as I can because even that feels good and makes people happy around me.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Kirsan

• YAY! I don't feel so different here!
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06:35 am »
Oh lord, if anyone I know knew who the real me was, hoo boy, that would be an interesting conversation to have. My family and friends think I'm weird enough as it is.
I am who I am, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »
Oh lord, if anyone I know knew who the real me was, hoo boy, that would be an interesting conversation to have. My family and friends think I'm weird enough as it is.
Interesting conversations are always fun. But being furry is not really that big of a deal, depending on the way you explain it to people.

Offline FelixTheFox

• Male
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 05:00:54 pm »
I know for certain, the day I get a tail will be one of the happiest days of my life! I want to wear one everywhere I go!

Aww man, you know that feeling that you really want something but don't know how to get it? It sucks guys, it really sucks...

I reeeeaaaaalllyyy want a tail!!! :(
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 05:03:02 pm »
I reeeeaaaaalllyyy want a tail!!!  :(

*casts Harry Potter type spell and gives you a tail* :)

Offline FelixTheFox

• Male
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:54 pm »
If only it was as simple as that :D

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 pm »
If only it was as simple as that :D

you could have my old roadkill halloween costume tail XD

it makes a better pillow than a tail......it's superglued together lol

Offline FelixTheFox

• Male
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 03:04:42 pm »
lol :D I think i'll pass on that

Offline Aivyin

• Female
    • FB
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 04:57:26 pm »
Yes! When I put on my tail and ear and just walk around in them I get more energetic and cheery. The only thing is my tail is the wrong color and I haven't been able to get another yet, but that's usually okay. ^w^
Weird is interesting. Normal is boring. Once "everyone is doing it", it becomes a cliche.

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 02:20:58 am »