Author Topic: Your rarest Collectible Card Game cards?  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Your rarest Collectible Card Game cards?
« on: June 04, 2014, 10:43:59 pm »
At some point, we all (or some of us) played with collectible card games (CCG) such as Magic The Gathering or other collectible card games. And in our collections of cards, we all had rare and powerful cards that we either used to beat other opponents with or the cards were too rare and we didn't use them and secured them safely away instead. ;)

So for those who still have and play collectible card games, here's a few questions:
1. What are the rarest and most powerful cards you have?
2. Do you play with them or not?
3. What condition are they in?
4. How many copies of them do you have?
5. Would you trade/sell your rare/powerful cards for something better or not?
6. Do you keep your rare/powerful cards for collector value ($$$) or not?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Your rarest Collectible Card Game cards?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:01:20 pm »
1. Oh lord. That's going to take some looking. I've got several enchantments, angels, dragons and slivers (MtG player here), some in foil, several from old sets, that probably qualify. I'd have to do some research to know how much they actually are.
2. Yes. Whole point of me owning them is to play with them.
3. Very good. I take care of my cards and put them in sleeves if I'm going to be using them. Unless my cards are second hand from someone else, they are pristine.
4. Of the very rare ones, usually only one or two.
5. Nope. Most of my rare cards were gifts from other people and have some sentimental value attached (the slivers were gifts from Weisseman, my foil Akroma was from an old uni friend, for instance). 
6. No. I keep them for playable fun and, as mentioned above, sentimental value.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 11:11:46 pm »
I have wayyyyyyyyy too many rare cards to list.  :P I have at least 10-11 LARGE 3-ring binders filled with tons of Star Wars and Star Trek (plus other CCG game cards) CCG game cards from Decipher. If I have time this weekend, I'll list some of the rare cards I have. I really don't play with them anymore.  99.9% of all my cards are kept for collector value.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:12 pm »
Well when I played Yugioh. I procured myself a first edition
1. Theinen the Great Sphinx, Sphinx Teleia, and Andro Sphinx
2. No because I don't play said ccg anymore
3. Damn near mint
4. Just one copy of each as 1st Editions. I have copies of them as standard cards.
5. I might, but currently probably not
6. I keep them more as reminders, or trophies.

As for Magic the Gather. (I still play this)
1. its not necessarily strong or powerful, but has seen me out of many a tight spot my (foil) Shipbreaker Kraken. (Soulbonded with (foil) Stern Mentor and buffed with Way of the Thief.)
2. Yes and probably will for a while
3. almost perfect
4. le one
5. highly doubtful
6. I keep them for their usefulness( and as mentioned previously)
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:55:21 pm »
i have almost every pokemon in numerical order [took four days of nonstop sorting]

but have alot of rare card that are good black and white kyurem regular and EX, 2 victinis EX ultra rare landerous EX typhlosion EX, old fashion first edition cards, empoleon level X salemance level X, drapion level X, and torterra level Xall mint condition :)

ready for battle or barter 8)
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 03:50:49 pm »
I've got a near-mint Chains of Mephistopheles, I use a Tundra and Volcanic Island in one of my EDH decks. I have a few dual lands, but that's about it.

Offline BassCreator

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »
I have no card games. :(

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »
Magic the gathering...

A combination of Exquisite Blood (damages target opponent and heals you the same amount when they take damage) and Sanguine Bond. (Does the same effect but on the opposite way, healing you when they take damage) It can do an infinite amount of damage/healing as soon as anyone other than me gats hurt...fun with lifelink   :3 oh just remembered, if you pair this with Richous Cause you'd gain a life every time a creature attacks...you'd just lock nearly everybody into inaction. ><

Seki, seasons guide, comes in with 8 +1/+1  counters, whenever it takes damage remove that many counters and put in that many  1/1 flying spirits, sacrifice 8 spirits put it back into play.

Corpsejack Menace doubles the ammount of +1/+1 counters you put on things, add Protean Hydra which removes counters instead of taking damage then adds double the amount removed. So with 4 Corpsejack Menace's, and a the Hydra out, if it takes one point of damage you put 32 counters on it because it's adding double, then double again, and again, and again, and again. If it takes 2 it gains 64, 3 then it gets 116 counters. Give it trample and shroud and misery abounds...  Especially good with an Arcbound deck, working off the Modular and Proliferate mechanics.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:02:26 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 03:52:00 pm »
oh i forgot to mention this but i have a limited edition mint condition ancient mew card not one scratch on it :)
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »
I have a land from mtg alpha that was given to me by mistake, but that's the only valuable card I have

but my strongest card is a playset of rubblehulks in my 167 card jund deck

rubblehulks power and toughness are equal to the number of lands you control...and that deck has a LOT of landfetch
not to mention he's bloodrushable and I have atwo card combo that makes him unblockable and hexproofwith +3 power

I usually kill someone in a single creature swing after sitting behind a wall for awhile
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 06:41:36 pm »
MTG: Tundra followed by Mana Drain. I've got a fair few worth a good amount but nothing worth a massive amount (over £200). Been lucky in that some of the cards I've got have gone up since I bought them.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 12:50:02 pm »
1986 and 1965 old baseball cards some very rare id have to look but i have a couple baseball cards of dead players but these were given to me by my grandpa who moved to Florida a week ago
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47:39 pm »
1. What are the rarest and most powerful cards you have? In this current set I have two Pokemon cards so far that I think are powerful. The first is a Yveltal EX card that has an attack that does a base damage of 20 with an additional 20 points per each energy card attached to both your active Pokemon and your opponents active Pokemon. The other card is a Miltank that has an attack with a base damage of 10, but does 70 more damage at least one stage 2 Pokemon on your bench (this attack only costs one energy, which is pretty good). Last set, I have like four good cards, but I'll go into detail about them at a later date.

2. Do you play with them or not? I don't for a couple of reasons. The first is because I don't have the energy to run it. Second, I rarely play a match since I don't know anyone around me irl that plays the Pokemon TCG.

3. What condition are they in? Pretty darn good condition, because I keep all my EX cards and holographic cards in a little Pokemon book made specifically for trading cards.

4. How many copies of them do you have? Only one of each of them.

5. Would you trade/sell your rare/powerful cards for something better or not? No, I don't think I would. Mainly because I kinda like the card.

6. Do you keep your rare/powerful cards for collector value ($$$) or not I keep my rare powerful cards because most times, they're EX cards or holographic cards, and I like those types of cards.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 12:43:16 pm »
Recently I got a copy of Worldpurge. For 4 white and 4 blue plus some other, you essentially restart the game, shuffling everyone's cards into their deck, emptying all mana pools, and drawing 7 new cards.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Halei-Helai

• Species: Hybrid; feline, equine, musteline, elf & kirin
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 10:46:34 am »
M:tG player here...

So for those who still have and play collectible card games, here's a few questions:

I own a copy of Natural Order from Portal; it was the first rare that I ever pulled so I consider that pretty fun. I also have a Sliver Queen and a Mox Diamond from my Rath Cycle days. My favorite is probably my Tolarian Academy though.

Bought a playset of Verdant Catacombs when Zendikar was in print and while they were cheap. Pretty glad I did because they are way out of my price range now.

I own one copy of Wasteland from Tempest, also pulled. You would think with the absurd number of Tempest boosters I bought in the day that I would have more of them seeing as it is an uncommon and not a rare :(

Yes to the Order, Mox, and Wasteland. No to the Queen and the Academy, though I would like to use the Academy.

I won't say mint but they are in pretty good shape. They have been used but they have been in a protector or something to that effect for as long as I have had them.

One each, except for the Catacombs for which I have a playset. I also have a playset of Glimpse the Unthinkable and Snapcaster Mage which I bought because I knew the price would go up and because I had an immediate use for them. Thankfully they all remain in faithful service.

Probably not, depending on the rare I suppose. Ones that I have used or that I hold great fondness for shall not leave my collection, and all the others are kind of garbage anyway except for a few.

Funnily enough, the cards I would probably never part with in particular would be my Ice Age basic lands.

No, though it is nice. I keep them because I am a collector and not so much because they have any sort of value.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »

1. I have several Pokemon, Star Wars and I -think- a few random LoTR cards in storage at my folks'. My most rare Pokemon card was a holographic Charizard. I play Hearthstone actively, and I have a couple of Legendaries; my favorite is Tirion Fordring and I won my fiance's Legendary Illidan Stormrage. I think my Mad Bomber card is a Rare, but I am uncertain.
2. I don't play CCGs in person. I play Hearthstone online most evenings. PM me if you wish to play! :)
3. My cards are kept in a binder in protective sleeves. The Hearthstone cards are online so...I suppose they can be called mint LOL
4. Copies as in dupes? Not sure. I have too many Digglets, LOL
5. Nah, I like to collect rare/htf stuff, cards included.
6. I didn't leave them in the package, so I guess they are next to nothing now. Ah well.
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Maky

• Species: coquerel's sifaka (lemur)
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 12:07:37 am »
I play MTG,and a used to play yugioh but know know card values for it. I had a jace the mind sculptor but i recently sold it. i have aulamog the infinite gyre who is in good condition and i use it . I pulled a foil flooded strands from the new set.