Author Topic: Are you a free paw?  (Read 61716 times)

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
Re: Are you a free paw?
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2009, 10:01:12 am »
On topic please?
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Marie Mosspool

• A broken bleeding heart
  • Female
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2009, 09:07:47 pm »
I'm not as much as a free paw as some people but I have gone days without wearing shoes at a time. While I find shoes to be enjoyable because some soles actually replicate the sound and feel of my hoofed fursona when walking I often prefer to go barefoot and sadly in my state "No shoes, no shirt, no service"
The echoes in my head, the voices what had they said, whispers in my ear, turn around there's no one here..
listen close to every heart and hear that breaking sound, hopes and dreams are shattering apart and crashing to the ground...

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2009, 01:38:13 pm »
I'm not as much as a free paw as some people but I have gone days without wearing shoes at a time. While I find shoes to be enjoyable because some soles actually replicate the sound and feel of my hoofed fursona when walking I often prefer to go barefoot and sadly in my state "No shoes, no shirt, no service"

stinks fur you. Im in florida and Athough they can inforce it. no one really does. we kind of understand. the whole beach thing.

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:04 pm »
I kind of like the idea of protection for my feet, most of the time. When I am not working or in school though, I wear sandals.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_KSO_m.cfm
^*is getting that for chiristmas(blue camo one) and wags excitedly*

so awesome ^.^!

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2009, 10:21:15 pm »

so awesome ^.^!

Oh, that looks really neat!

...Are you actually going to wear that in the Alaskan winter, though? If so, you are a braver man than I. Or a more frostbitten one. Either way.

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2009, 11:53:28 pm »

so awesome ^.^!

....... :o  I gotta go order me some! I bet they would enhance me Ninja Abilities! =_=

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2009, 03:37:16 am »

so awesome ^.^!

Oh, that looks really neat!

...Are you actually going to wear that in the Alaskan winter, though? If so, you are a braver man than I. Or a more frostbitten one. Either way.

lol, nah, so cold for that, there not designed for ultra cold, heck my boots are barely designed for ultra cold : P

i'll be wearing them inside all the time atleast ^.^

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

Offline Rushnerd

• Male
    • Youtube
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2009, 02:36:14 am »
I'm EXACTLY the opposite. I love layers and almost always wear a hoodie, knitcap, and socks at all times. Absolutely never go barefoot expect showering.

I am interesting in these "shoes" though that look like a footglove, they have a rubberized sole, but go on like toe socks, they are made for "barefoot" running. I would do that.

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2009, 10:41:53 pm »

so awesome ^.^!

Ive wanted a black pair of those ever since the first Classic Five Fingers came out,but the only place that sell them over here is in Puerto Banus,that being in the rich area of the Costa del sol they charge 3 times the quoted online amount,so I never got a pair  :'( :'( :'(

When they released the KSOs I wanted a pair even more.Even if I was prepared to pay the outragous price tag in Puerto Banus,they only stock the Classics and refuse to order KSOs,I know because Ive asked. :(
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline Heaven Implode

• Species: Grey Wolf
  • Holier Than Thou
    • earfolds
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »
I would go barefoot all the time but I'm not exactly in a clean neighborhood so I have to worry about broken glass amongst other things.
That's one of the reasons I don't go free pawed. Another one is that it's still a bit of a taboo in most of the western world - people don't really take too kindly to people who lack certain parts of their clothing, and I've noticed they consider missing items below the belt to be quite rude. That leaves me feeling rather anxious if I am out of my house without socks or shoes on.

That aside, I'm not very fond of shoes. I'm also not fond of dirt, though.
woof

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2009, 05:41:14 pm »
faaaaiiiiiil -.-
the vibrum 5 finger shoes i got for christmass are to small T.T
i need to send them back and get a different size

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2010, 11:25:10 am »
The first thing I do when I get home is kick off my shoes. Whenever I go out I put on shoes but I like having my shoes off as much as possible at home, even when going outside. I think I would go freepaw more if there wasn't so much broken glass and etc. on the sidewalks where I live.

I do think it is a great idea. Unfortunately a lot of places near my house require shoes to be worn.

I always try to wear tennis shoes because they are the lightest and feel the most free. I also wear low socks. I hate high socks.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2010, 12:07:32 am »
faaaaiiiiiil -.-
the vibrum 5 finger shoes i got for christmass are to small T.T
i need to send them back and get a different size
Yar, I'm afraid that would happen to me.  Hopefully you get get the right ones.  :)

My roommate had them.  He loved them.  I'm not sure I would; I have a hard time handling things between my toes.  I think it'd be worth trying out, though.  ^_^
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Kelo

• Awakened Otherkin
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity page
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2010, 01:17:46 pm »
I always go barefoot inside no exceptions and as for outside the only time I put anything on my feet is when I have to due to social expectations or work.
"In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions. Isn't that another way of looking at it?"

Offline Anthro_Inquisitor

• What is feared is not what is evil.
  • Male
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2010, 08:08:23 pm »
Hrm, its comfortable being barefoot: however living in a colder climate socks are very comfy to wear ^^.

I will admit shoes are very uncomfortable however, why i stick to slippers.

Offline Furskie

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2010, 03:18:27 pm »
I just read an interesting news article today about barefoot running. Here's an excerpt:

WASHINGTON - Harvard biologist and runner Daniel Lieberman had a simple question: "How did people run without shoes?"

The answer he got is: Much better.

At least running barefoot seems better for the feet, producing far less impact stress compared to feet shod in fancy, expensive running shoes, according to a study by Lieberman in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature. The study concludes people seem to be born to run - barefoot.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2010, 02:24:46 pm »
Free paws are fur's who prefer to go barefoot when ever possible. Some fur's actually decide to go barefoot to get closer to there fursona. It's so much nicer to actually feel where your walking.

I will always walk barefoot when ever I can.
I think of shoes like gloves for your feet I only ever use them when i need to.
I mean would you wear super hard gloves over regular glove's.

I freepaw all the time, and in fact, I DO walk through the snow barefoot a lot of the time. Though I've never thought of it as connecting to your fursona.  Maybe freepawing would connect you if you put yourself into that mindset

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:52 pm »
I just read an interesting news article today about barefoot running. Here's an excerpt:

WASHINGTON - Harvard biologist and runner Daniel Lieberman had a simple question: "How did people run without shoes?"

The answer he got is: Much better.

At least running barefoot seems better for the feet, producing far less impact stress compared to feet shod in fancy, expensive running shoes, according to a study by Lieberman in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature. The study concludes people seem to be born to run - barefoot.

Aha I knew it! Just all the more reason to get rid of shoes, except perhaps in extreme cold or heat. Walking around in 3 feet of snow freepaw is NOT a good idea.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Carry

• Bite Me
  • Female
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2010, 05:10:28 pm »
Im totaly a free paw  ^^

But stores and resterants dont let me in without at lest flip flops. So I crary thoes in my bag.  If kind of funnt cause Ive gone to my friends house so much without my shoes...unless her mother is home [her mother has a fear of feet]  she had made a little sign in front of her houise that says "Bare foot ferret crossing"   ^-^
Ungulates United local #416

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2010, 01:53:21 am »
If kind of funnt cause Ive gone to my friends house so much without my shoes...unless her mother is home [her mother has a fear of feet]  she had made a little sign in front of her houise that says "Bare foot ferret crossing"   ^-^
Omygosh, I love that. It's awesome when people are that friendly about things like that.  :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2010, 02:35:22 pm »
yay : D
i got my five fingers in the mail today, ima wear them around all day ^.^!

the grey/green ones are the ones i got.

ima eventually fur these and even attach claws to them for the perfect feetpaws, but untill then ima enjoy then as they are ^.^

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2010, 05:47:53 pm »
I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I wonder if anyone has ever made fursuit footpaws from those? I wonder how easy or hard it would be to cover them with fur and add claws?

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2010, 07:01:07 pm »
from what i can tell, not to hard actually, just cover the fabric with specially cut fur patchs and leave sections of the sole open as the paw pads, as well as glue specially cut claws onto the tips of the toe rubber, should work very nicely ^.^

Offline DogboyShugo

• Male
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2010, 05:17:58 pm »
Can't say I go free paw.....If you want to go out in the snow or the wet grass and risk get getting your feet all beaten up and infected then be my guest ^_^
~lost in my own paradox~