Author Topic: Fursuit Tap Dancing!  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Obsydian

• Species: Cabbit
  • Fluffy Cabbit
  • Female
    • LunaCrystal Creations
Fursuit Tap Dancing!
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:00:13 am »
Anybody know of any furry tap dancers who do so in suit?
I'm looking to do this at dance competitions however...
...some of them have a rule where you must wear footpaws too. 

Now I wonder, do I need to glue metal taps to my suit feet?  I'd need to create them in such a way that they are small and easy to maneuver in.  I just want to know if anybody has done something similar and how it's worked out.  :D
Syd | She/They | 30s

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Fursuit Tap Dancing!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »
There was a thread about this type of topic long, long, long ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore. :(

To the best of my knowledge, I've never heard of, or seen, anybody tap dancing in a fursuit.  :o

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:24:40 pm »
That would be cool to see. And very different from the usual dancing you see in those competitions. I imagine trying to tap in modified footpaws would be insanely difficult o.o

I think the footpaw rule came about because a lot of dancers were starting to move to those large plush-style sneaker things. And in typical furry fashion, drama ensued because they're 'easier' to dance in than actual footpaws. Or something like that. One alternative for you would be to participate in the variety show instead. You could wear your taps with the rest of your suit and not have to worry about the silly competition footpaw rule. Though you also might be able to style a special footpaw for tapping that would basically be a cover that rests over the shoe, but your actual tap shoes would be what contact the ground beneath.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Obsydian

• Species: Cabbit
  • Fluffy Cabbit
  • Female
    • LunaCrystal Creations
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »
That's one idea I was musing with, the feet over the shoes as covers since I think they allow that.  However I have my fiance trying to convince me that making my own tapping suit feet would be super unique and I could invent a new kind of style that way.

I have over a year to plan right now and I'll keep everyone updated on this crazy endeavor! Thanks for the comments and ideas. :)
Syd | She/They | 30s