Author Topic: Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)  (Read 13437 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:18:55 am »
Lancaster Gates, a symbol of progress in the Medieval world. A large sprawling city ruled over by Tara, who's family has ensured peace for years with the neighboring kingdoms, but as Tara takes place as the new Queen of Lancaster Gates, the winds change and murmurs of a revolt can be heard upon hushed winds, a revolt from the underbelly of the city fueled by lies spewed by a neighboring kingdom. An ally turned power hungry enemy. Tara will soon find herself a stranger in her own lands as she will soon find out.

(We already discussed our Characters so no use for a Skeleton card)
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 03:43:40 am »
Tara sat in her bed, swinging her bare feet off the edge. It had been a long day, what with the coronation, redecoration of the castle, the constant parade of people her advisors had picked as potential mates... She was exhausted. She slowly pushed herself upright and stood, moving out to the balcony overlooking her family's... Her personal beach, with the sun setting over the ocean. "Why can't every day be like this moment?" She muttered. "The only thing that would make it better would be..." She trailed off, and started toward the kitchen. "Supper and wine."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:03:23 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 04:12:28 am »
The clinking of Armor soon followed her footsteps, echoing down the stone corridors. "Lady Tara, you know you're not to be out wondering the halls. The servants will bring you food, after all you need be rested to give your first royal decree tomorrow."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 09:10:42 am »
Tara rolled her eyes and spun around, walking backwards. "Don't be silly... I have you to guard me, don't I? Besides, in all the years the Tiderunner family has ruled here, there has been no problems... Why would that change now?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 11:19:14 am »
"Not everybody is pleased to see you on the throne mi'Lady." Maraas just shook is head. "Fine, but after this you have to start acting like a Queen, not the princess you once were. I may be here to guard you, but that gets a lot harder when you willingly put yourself in jeopardy."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:17:48 pm »
Tara grinned and turned back around. "Fine... Now, come on... Lets go get something to eat. You seriously need to lighten up... If it makes you feel any better, I'll go get my fa- uh, my sword from the armory..."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:05:19 pm by Sledge »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:25 am »
"Yes, it may." Maraas muttered under his breath. "you'd only be useful if it was a honest duel..."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 12:44:16 am »
"Hey! That is not- well..." She scowled at him. "Well, it wasn't nice... Even if it was true." She stopped outside a door and opened it, walking into the armory. "I don't even know why I'm trained with it... Seems so... Un-ladylike..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 01:14:17 am »
"It's something of a family tradition on the woman's side, since your father and grandfather and his grandfather. Well it's a centuries old tradition. With the men gone almost all the time fighting in wars whether it be our own campaign or an allies, so the ladies to ok up the more...dainty style of swordplay." Maraas took a deep breath in, he greatly enjoyed the smell of freshly polished metal. "I'm quite glad we haven't actually had to use these in a while."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 01:32:15 am »
" whatever..." Tara said, moving to the back of the room and picking up her blade from its velvet padded pedestal. "It still seems weird being the only kingdom that arms its females..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 01:45:51 am »
"Well that's because other Kingdoms find it barbaric, but we only arm a certain caste of female. They are females who swore away essentially being a female, they are not allowed to have children... I could go on and on about it, but you get the idea." Maraas drew his blade from his back, for being a two-hander it wasn't that heavy, although that may have had something to do with it's design. "Wanna practice fight." He took a fight stance, laughed then put his sword away...

----

Soon clamoring could be heard outside the castle grounds, the clanking of armor as the palace guards mobilized. Maraas walked over to a window he leaned forward a bit looking out of it. "Mi'Lady we need to go to.. Damn it you don't know where it is.." He swiftly walked past Tara grabbing her arm and pulling her along
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 01:48:32 am »
"Hey!" Tara yelped, slapping his hand. "Get your hand off of me! Explain yourself! Where are you trying to drag me to, and why?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 01:59:15 am »
Maraas turned around snarling as he spoke. "Do as I say or you will die." He continued to pull her behind him, Stopping at the Royal Storeroom. He looked at the two guards uttering a single phrase to them. "A single snowflake can cause an Avalanche." The guards ' eyes got wide and they gave a worried nod and ran off. Maraas violently flung the door open tossing Tara inside, then following her in he pulled the door close and began to barricade it.

Servants could be heard running through the halls screaming. "Insurgents in..." his sentence was cut tragically short as an arrow pierced through him. Soon metal on metal could be heard as the Royal guards bought them as much time as they could.

Maraas grabbed the Royal Sword and slid it in between two oddly shaped stone bricks. A clicked could be heard echoing behind the wall, soon some of the bricks began falling away to reveal a small door way, one would have to be crawling to fit through. "Hurry it up, in the hole in the wall."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 02:02:05 am »
"Not until you tell me what's going on, and where that leads." Tara said firmly, crossing her arms over her chest. "I will not be left in the dark. Explain this, now. That's an order."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:04:07 am by Sledge »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 02:09:15 am »
"What's going on is any minute now, people are going to bust down that door, very bad people, people who want you dead." Maraas looked nervously towards the door, the fighting outside had begun to die down. "I can explain more once they enemy isn't breathing down my neck."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 02:12:44 am »
Tara glared at him, but relented. "Fine. You will explain this as soon as we get the chance though..." She crawled into the tunnel and smiled after a thought occurred to her. "You're not just trying to get me to go first so you can look at my butt, are you?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 02:17:09 am »
Maraas just glared at Tara. "Hurry it up." Arrow heads began piercing the door, blood dripping off the tips. "Hurry they are close to breaking down the door."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 02:19:15 am »
"Yeah yeah, I'm going..." Tara muttered, speeding up her pace. "My dress is quite a bit more... Open on the underside than your armor... That was the only point I was trying to make."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 02:25:47 am »
"Like I could care, i'm not paid to check you out i'm paid to protect your life, and once you get married my job is done." Maraas follow quickly after her, removing the sword as he did so re-sealing their escape door. "Stay behind me, but stay close."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 02:30:43 am »
"It's not a lot of guys' jobs to check me out..." Tara said, gesturing for him to take the lead. "Does that stop them? No... Hell- oops, That slipped... Heck, you're not even intimidating enough to stop some of them..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 02:34:19 am »
"Again not my job, ensuring you are alive is my job. If I see a drawn blade on any of them then i'll do something." Maraas kept a slow steady pace. "Speaking of suitors did you find one pleasing yesterday as they were presented to you?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 02:40:28 am »
"Those jerks? Please..." She rolled eyes, but the effect was lost in the darkness of the tunnel. "Most of them just wanted me as a mate... You know, I've never asked before, but do you have a mate, Maraas?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 02:45:44 am »
Maraas stopped for a few seconds, then picked up his stride again. "Uh no..no.. nope.. there was this girl I was sweet on when I was younger, daughter of a fishmonger, but that was... seven years ago, time long past."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 02:52:59 am »
"Aww..." Tara teased, speeding up to catch up with him. "You had a sweet side... What happened, loverboy?" She nudged him with her elbow. 

(And thus the reason Tara is so fun to play as. I can tease anyone, but she still has a very endearing personality...)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 02:57:47 am »
"I got a promotion to be personal guard and well that moved me to the castle and I never saw her since" Maraas let out a sigh. "She's married now and has two kids. Some people are meant to be together then some are meant to be single. If you're a guard that choice is virtually made for you."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke