Author Topic: Fading Hope Season 2 (IC)  (Read 11125 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: Fading Hope Season 2 (IC)
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 01:28:27 am »
Rex saw nobody and sighed after his panicked search. He threw his lead pipe to the side no longer worried about anything breaking in. That was until he walked through the doorway and saw Star sitting on his bed wielding a blade. Rex looked around for others before he spoke with a somewhat frightened expression. "So... I'm guessing you didn't come here to make nice huh," he said as he thought about running back for the lead pipe. He thought this fur looked familiar but he didn't really have time to focus on that with his life in possible danger.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 01:31:07 am »
"Your security kinda sucks..." She said with a shrug. "Just because I didnt come to make nice doesn't mean I came to make enemies either. I want no trouble... Just some supplies, and a place to rest until tomorrow night."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:57 am »
"Huh. Hack security yet my own is terrible," Rex said to himself quietly before he recognized star. He smirked a little before the sarcastic look of worry crossed his face. "Well... I would be worried if a thief such as yourself couldn't break into a place like this." He recognized Star from security footage he was able to edit out. He never met her in person nor did she really know who he was at all. But he knew who she was and he was going to see how many clues he could drop until she recognized something.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 01:40:53 am »
"So you know I'm a thief by trade..." Star said, standing and sheathing her blade. "My mask might give that much away, but you seem to know how good I am... How?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 01:44:12 am »
Rex shrugged and crossed his arms. "I don't know. How else could someone know the thief who tried to steal the world's largest diamond? Oh and great job on the bail you did there. You weren't the only one who didn't get paid," Rex said with at first a serious face, which turned into a large smirk.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:56:38 am by The Wise one »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:03 am »
"Well this is a disaster, I was at least hoping for bloodshed, not my own." Cortney walked through the door as well. He took a quick look around. "Not a bad set up you've got here."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 01:51:44 am »
"And I see you brought a friend. I thought you liked to be on the field alone Star," Rex asked curiously, still holding his smirk as Cortney walked through.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 01:58:32 am »
"The puppy brought himself, and- hey, wait a second... How do you know my nickname?" She asked, getting fairly frustrated. She reached back and touched the pommel of her blade to remind him that she was armed and he wasn't.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:49 am »
Rex saw Star was getting frustrated and chuckled a little. That stopped when he saw her put her paw on the pommel of her blade. He raised an eyebrow curiously. "Wow. They really didn't tell you anything about me did they? Guess I wasn't important enough. Anyways, I worked with you... in a way. You know who disabled all those security systems for you? I'll give you one guess."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:04:20 am by The Wise one »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 02:04:11 am »
Cortney tapped his blade letting Star know he was armed as well. "Do you have any water Mr. Hacker?" His eyes scanned the room looking for a hidden stash, and ears peeled for any usable bits of information.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 02:08:11 am »
Star scowled, though the effect was lost due to her mask, and shook her head. "Wonderful... Nothing personal, but I had kinda hoped you had died... You know more about me as a professional than anybody else out there... You can understand why I'd want that under wraps... Anyways, about the supplies and a place to rest... I need a refill on water, and that place to rest... Also, some food other than jerky would be amazing..."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:11:15 am by Sledge »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:46 am »
(why are you shaking beds?)
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 02:11:34 am »
(I'm not... Because I fixed it.)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 02:16:23 am »
"Well... frankly I'm insulted. But flattered to see you're not killing me now. Trust me Star. In this apocalypse, nobody cares about who you were. It's about who you are now," Rex said opening up a pantry. "Well... good news and bad news. Good news is I have dried corn if you want anything other than jerky. Bad news is I'm running low on water. Caught me on a bad day really. I have to scavenge tomorrow and fill up my pantry some more," Rex said with a slight shrug. "About that place to sleep. Pretty boy here can sleep on the roof for all I care. But since I know you, you can sleep in my bed. Otherwise all I have left is a couple blankets to lay on the floor," Rex said looking over to Cortney. "No offense."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:21:11 am by The Wise one »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 02:20:04 am »
Star laughed. "Couldn't just leave it at watching me without my knowledge... Now you want me in your bed..." She laughed more. "Yeah, I'll take it. Been a while since I've been in an actual bed. Hey, you have electricity... Please tell me this house had an electric water heater. I haven't had a hot shower in a long time either..."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:22:22 am by Sledge »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 02:23:32 am »
Cortney swiftly offered him the finger. "Crowds cramp my style, besides if already grown bored with you two." Cortney swiftly made his way outside. He stood looking at the small entrance to the gate, with no electrical flow to it. Cortney stood looking at it, debating whether or not to leave it alone. Upon leaving he made sure to widen the hole a bit larger and began to make his way closer to the center.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 02:26:02 am »
"Hey. It's not like we'd be in the bed together," Rex said shaking his head. "Yeah. I have an electrical water heater. Not the cleanest water, which is why I don't drink it. But it will get you clean enough. Just don't digest any of it or get it in your eyes if you can help it," Rex said pointing at the bathroom door. "Should be a towel hanging on the door." He looked at Cortney making his way outside. "Alright cool. More blankets for me."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 02:32:49 am »
"What a nice guy..." Star said, watching Cortney leave. "Good riddance." Once he had her back turned, walking to the bathroom, she removed her mask, still keeping her face hidden until she was in the bathroom. When she emerged a good 15 minutes later, she had it back on, but had removed her riot guards and gloves and placed them in her pack which she sat at the foot of the bed once she was back in the room. "So... You know my name... What's yours?" She reached into her pocket and took the firing pin back put, then sat it on the table and sat on the bed.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 02:37:37 am »
"Well to be honest I only know your code name. I don't know your real name. But to set us on good terms I'll give you my real name. It's Rex. Sounds like a thug's name I know," he said seeing her set a firing pin on the table. "Anyways... you know you don't have to wear the mask right? It's only us," Rex said raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:17 am »
"I know... The question of what my face looks like is killing you, huh? Never seen me without the mask..." She chuckled. "My actual name is Nyte... Dani Nyte."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:52 am »
"Alright. I guess a little bit at a time huh," Rex said as he went into his closet and got a couple blankets and lied them down on the floor. "Mind handing me one of those pillows? There's at least three on my bed," Rex said pointing at his bed. "So... I don't get to see the face?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 02:51:35 am »
"Maybe if you ask really nice..." She said, laughter in her voice, as she passed him a pillow. "Though I kinda like messing with you... It's fun. Gives you something to think about, too... What could this amazing girl look like?"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 02:56:18 am »
"Way to lead me on Dani," Rex said with a sigh. "I'm guessing this is revenge for me messing with you right," he said setting the pillow down on the blankets. He then began to get up and walk over to the light switch. "We wouldn't want this place lit up like a show for those things outside. Best to go dark now."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:41:16 pm by The Wise one »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 02:59:19 am »
"Well, that, and I was waiting for the lights to go out..." She replied, reaching back and unlatching her mask. "Not only is this mask my disguise, it helps with light... My night vision is highly developed, but light is not so good... This mask has dark transition lenses to help with that... Daylight still sucks though..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 03:03:05 am »
"Great. So you're basically saying I'll never get a clear image of your face," Rex said turning off the lights and making his way in the darkness to the blankets he set down. "That's... just great," Rex mumbled as he lied down on the blankets. "Anything else I should know?"