Author Topic: The Set-up (1x1 with Sledge)  (Read 23560 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: The Set-up (1x1 with Sledge)
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:34 pm »
Suddenly she heard the crackkle of the intercom. "I... guess I'm not. Just... let's pretend that didn't happen. I still have to appear cool," he said with a joking tone on the last sentence.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 01:12:01 pm »
"I don't know about forgetting it..." She said teasingly. "But uh... I might be persuaded to never mention it..."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 01:15:48 pm »
"And how do you want to be persuaded. Let me guess. You want a piece of my cut right," Rex asked with a sigh. "I mean I can give you fifty grand at most."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 01:38:33 pm »
"Not exactly, but that'll work..." She shrugged. "Gotta make profit... You know that as well as I do..."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 01:40:45 pm »
"What do you mean not exactly," Rex asked with a suspicious tone. "What else could you want?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 12:28:19 am »
"Why would I tell you that when you so quickly offered your money? Although..." She thought for a second. "I would take less money and the other thing I'm not telling you, if you come out here..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:16 am »
Rex nearly froze in place, thinking of all the worst possible things she could do to him. She was a lot quicker than he was and could easily kill him if she wanted to. But she seemed attractive to him as well. She appeared as a black widow in his mind, but he knew that if he died she couldn't get his cut. He put on a brave face as he slowly walked to his door and entered the code, opening it and closing it slowly behind him as he slowly walked in the darkness. "So... what was that thing you wanted to tell me. I mean... I'm out here now like you asked," Rex said rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:03 am »
She appeared behind him, having used the few moments he had been looking away from the cameras. She was now between him and the door. "Face me... It's easier to show you than it is to tell you." If he looked closely, he would see her mask and weapon both on the couch still, so she wasn't armed. That didnt mean she couldn't kill him, but it made it less likely.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2014, 12:45:45 am »
Rex went wide-eyed as he heard her behind him. He realized she was between him and the door and that mesnt no retreating. He couldn't go outside. He had no idea how to protect himself out there, especially at this time of night. He slowly turned around, repeating his beg for mercy in his mind. He looked slightly afraid as he finally faced her.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2014, 12:52:34 am »
"You know that adage: never kiss and tell..." She leaned forward before he had a chance to answer, and planted a kiss solidly on his lips. "Well, I stay true to that... Though it usually works better if the other party isn't frozen in fear..." She shrugged and leaned back against the door, still not moving as she waited for Rex's likely shocked brain to recover and process everything.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 12:57:42 am »
All of a sudden, the thoughts of Dani killing him were almost wiped completely from his mind as she leaned forward and kissed him. This was good... but this was bad. It needed to stay professional. It can't be this way. Thoughts of what to say began to race throughout his mind. He wanted this so bad but his mind knew it could be bad for his cover and hers. But in reality, all he could say were stutters and words of awe. "Uh... I uhm... that...-" Rex said beginning to blush rather deeply.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 01:02:53 am »
"That's it..." Dani said, coaching him through it. "Just breathe... You aren't dying, you're fine... Just breathe..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:09 am »
Rex suddenly snapped out of it. "Oh ha ha. My breathing is just fine. Now if you'll let me, I gotta get back to my room. It's late," he said, starting to sound like he was just making up excuses to try to leave at this point. Dani could tell he was conflicted on whether to leave or stay.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 01:10:11 am »
"I don't think you actually want to." She said, not moving. "I think you want to try that agin now that you aren't scared senseless..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 01:14:32 am »
Rex was conflicted but he knew the option of getting inside was not possible. Unless he were to push her out of the way, which would prove to ruin their partnership and she possibly would kill him then. He knew the only way to get in his room again was to kiss Star as ridiculous as that sounded. He leaned forward with confidence and pressed his lips against hers. As soon as she moved off the door, he would begin to try and enter the code into the datapad. Since it was a long code, he would have to multitask.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:43 am »
She returned his kiss for a moment, then her hand landed on his on the keypad. She broke off and twisted on his arm, attempting to put him in an armbar, though she did have less upper body strength than him... "What the hell?!"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 01:27:23 am »
Rex was scared to death now that she had tried to hurt him now. He struggled very little as his mind began to panic. "Oh man. Please don't kill me! Just we're partners and this is wrong! I like it but it's wrong. I don't know," Rex said feeling ashamed that he deceived her. "I'm sorry Star. Just... I don't know," he said looking at the data pad. He then suddenly punched it with his other arm that wasn't grabbed and it broke into many pieces. The door then slowly opened. "There. Unlocked just like every other normal door in the house," Rex said hoping that was enough to not make her mad at him anymore.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:17 am »
She dropped his arm and turned away. "Whatever... Just let me know when our contact gets back to us." She grabbed her mask and bag from the couch and donned them both. "I'll be outside."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:33 am »
Rex's heart sank like a stone at that moment as Star left. "Wait... Star," he yelled calling out to her as she left. He collapsed on his knees as he looked back at the datapad, then over to the kitchen. He slumped over there in a depressed manner as he opened the freezer, seeing what he needed at the moment. A bottle of vodka called to him as he took it and sat on the couch. Thus began his self journey to asking himself questions on why he messed it up and how he could do better.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:39 am »
Outside, Dani looked around a moment to make sure she wasn't being watched, then ran at a fence, kicked off, and spun in the air to bring herself onto the roof of the house's front porch. She sat on the edge and drew her blade, then Started sharpening it while she thought. "Maybe I shouldn't have been so tough on him..." She muttered. "He did try to apologize..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2014, 01:58:30 am »
Meanwhile, Rex continued to question himself and why he even bothered to try. "I'm just a failure huh? Just a BIG OL' FAILURE! Rexxy boy doesn't quite have a grip on what he needs or wants anymore! Just a hacker with no social or girl experiences... whatsoever," Rex said mumbling to himself. Star would have to come back in eventually. When she did, she would see what a mess Rex could turn into.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:20:41 am by The Wise one »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 02:36:27 am »
Dani sighed and spun her blade, then rammed the tip into the siding of the porch and swung down by it. She yanked it free and sheathed it. She pushed through the door, almost instantly I king up the scent of alcohol, and seeing Rex on the floor. "Oh god, what the hell are you doing?" She nudged aside the bottle with her boot, then knelt down next to him.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 02:40:14 am »
Rex turned away from Star. "Nothing. None of your business," he said sounding rather depressed and yet annoyed. He leaned against the wall and stared off at the ceiling, trying to ignore Star but miserably failing.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2014, 02:53:36 am »
"Would you just look at me?" She asked softly, grabbing his muzzle and forcing him to meet her eyes. She had taken her mask off at some point in the last minute or so, and she looked genuinely concerned. "What were you doing? trying to drink yourself to death?"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2014, 02:57:56 am »
Rex tried to turn away but stopped when his eyes met hers. "No. I was just... trying to numb the pain. You and your perfect thieving skills and your perfect face and your perfect agility. Meanwhile I'm sitting here on a computer with an ugly scar on my face," Rex said sounding depressed and seemed to not really care he was giving away his thoughts.