Author Topic: Exorcist [An episodic RP series] (OOC)  (Read 4977 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Exorcist [An episodic RP series] (OOC)
« on: August 04, 2014, 12:51:25 am »
Deamons have hounded all of life since the dawn of time. Whether it be in the form of natural disaster or plagues, it can be most assuredly said Deamons were behind it. With their rampaging left unchecked the Deamons soon became drunk on power. God saw this and bestowed upon those He deemed worthy a blessing. He gave unto them the power to fight and destroy the Deamons. Those who were given this blessing were called Exorcists. For thousands of years the Exorcists fought the Deamons slowly turning the tide of battle. In an event known through time as The Runelock Skirmish the Exorcists expended all of their being to banish the Deamons from the world. With the Deamons gone all of furkind was able to expand civilization. They were able to learn and invent unimpeded. However with the world in safety furkind had no need for Exorcists and so these powers lay dormant in chosen ones, never hinting even to their host what power lay inside them. Furkind soon inhabited the entirety of the world, and raised from nothing vast cities, but as the grew in powers so did the Deamons. The Deamons began to whittle away the power of the Hex that bound them in Tartarus, with the Hex weakened evil began seeping back into the world. Brothers began turning on one another, innocent became corrupted. The Deamons had gained a new foothold into the world, and with this new foothold them began to return to the Earth. They look for a way to destroy the Runelock so that they may run unchecked once more. We can only pray your powers awaken in our time of need Exorcist.

Rules: My word is Law. If you have a disagreement with anyone or anything you take it up in PM. If you have a question brooch it here in the OOC or PM me. There will be perma-death. You will get one warning of any major rule infractions before being removed from the RP. Be respectful to each other at all times. No godmodding ever. No autohitting, this includes enemies. This will be somewhat grounded in realism so no matrix bullet dodging nonsense or fighting 5 hours without being winded. I'm looking for specific character types so I will be picking and choosing which characters suit my/the rp's needs.

Potentially asked Questions.
Q: If you need specific character types can't you just tell us what kind of character you need?
A: No, it's more of that i'll know it when I see it feeling.

Q: Is this going to be a religious RP?
A: Eh, not really. It's going to be a pseudo-religious rp with elements borrowed somewhat heavily from various lore sources.

Q: What do you mean Episodic?
A: Exactly what it sounds like, the rp will be done in sections or 'episodes'. Think something akin to the Walking dead game.

Q:Does this mean there will be numerous episodes?
A: No, again it will be done in similar style to the Walking Dead game. In other words once we reach an either critical point or good end point. That episode will end, then I will introduce the next episode with a recap and filler for what happened in between time.

Q:With perma-death will we be able to re-up with a new character?
A: At this point in time no, I don't want the rp getting bogged down with numerous characters. Dead or otherwise.

Q: How many characters can we have?
A: You can submit as many as you wish, but as stated in the rules I will be picking what characters are green-lit for play, but to answer your question directly. I'd prefer one per, but might allow a max of two.

Q:What happens if nobody joins or for some reason you don't meet some sort of assumed character quota?
A: Well then i'll fill in roles as needed, hell i'll even do this solo if it comes to that.

Q:If we're going to be gone for extended periods of time what should we do and what will happen to our characters?
A: Inform me of when you will be gone and expected return. As for your characters once in a safe area they will be removed from any upcoming events/battles etc etc. But they will remain playable upon your return.

Q:Can we only be an Exorcist?
A: No, actually you can be a Guardian. Essentially their main function is to assist Exorcists, they may not fight like an Exorcist, but they get some cool powers the Exorcists don't get. If anybody wants to be a Guardian PM me and i'll inform you more over them.

Q: Thank you for taking your time to clarify some things for us.
A: Not a problem at all, glad to help and hope to see you on the inside Exorcist.

Character Skeleton:

Name:
Species:
Appearance: (do not post clothing, once certain things happen we'll all wear the same uniform)
Personality:
Backstory: (you do not know you have the Blessing, never even had so much as an inkling of having it)
Weapon: (No guns and keep it reasonable. Note: you do not start with these.)

As stated above if you have any questions no matter how benign they seem please brooch them here, so we can work out all the kinks/iron out all the wrinkles, or whatever phrase for fixing things you prefer.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:57:55 am by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Exorcist [An episodic RP series] (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:07:08 am »
I'm thinking about it... I think I'm interested...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »
That's right you're interested, who's not interested in making Deamons explode into mush and other stuff.... You can read all about it in my book

Mush and Other Stuff: What Deamons are made of.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »
 :D
I think your book could easily be a best seller  ;) sure, ill wing a shot and hope my character makes it

Name: Yama
Species: Red fox
Appearance: Tall (6ft 2inches), and thin (125lbs.), Yama has mostly white fur, with black socks, and red tips to ears and tail. His left ear is pierced with a cross, and he wears glasses.
Personality: Yama is serious and extemely calm most of the time. he is protective of those he views as friends, and also quite loyal. Known for a sweet tooth
Backstory: Yama grew up the coddled son of a pair of charity workers. he was taught that there was a firm line between right and wrong, and grew up taught to love and respect his fellow man. The only strange thing about him was his fur colors, where the red and white were reversed. otherwise he was an intelligent, but average, student and person. when he grew up, be went to school and got his doctorate degree, but never put it to use, instead joinign the church and becoming a preacher. (if you do not want religious elements in your game, just simply make him a doctor)
Weapon: minor magic attack of some kind? (a light blast or something, perhaps as damaging as a knife?), and a longsword
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 03:02:38 pm »
BlackRose! It's been a while, I see your work sprouted all over the place, but never see you. Like a ninja....a furry ninja.....a raccoon.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »
Everything is fantastically amazingly wondertastic. I will however me doing a slight modification you your weapon. Turning the light blast, into a Grade ability. More info on Grades in a second.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 03:27:28 pm »
You know, im rather fond of racoons, and ninjas, and furries, so thank you very much!  ;) 
Yeah, ive been working to get back into the RP threads, so here i am! besides, i couldnt resist, this thread looked so awesome.

I eagerly await learning about these grades, and im glad you like my character.  :)
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 03:32:42 pm »
Grades. What are they? What do they do? Are they friendly? What Grade do I need to pass?

Grades are in basic terms Ranks. In short the Higher your Grade the more abilities you have/can utilize it also judges how effective said skill will be. For example we'll use Yama.

Let's say Yama is a Grade X Exorcist, fresh as the first rain of spring.  Yama is now training and tries to use Holy Blast (an ability special to the longsword) Holy Blast is a grade C & D skill. In his current Grade Yama is lucky to survive that attempt. Now after training and missions Yama is Grade D, he now has basic understanding of Holy Blast. Now it's not going to leave his enemies in a pile of sulfur, but they'll know to be more careful around him. Yama has successfully added a new attack to his arsenal, but be wary. Using abilities can leave you highly venerable due to the focus they require

Grades from highest to lowest

SS
S
A
B
C
D
X

There are position Grades with titles, but we won't worry about that until later if at all.

Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 03:33:57 pm »
You know, im rather fond of racoons, and ninjas, and furries, so thank you very much!  ;) 

Whoo I believe in sports terms I hit a.....Triple whammy..
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
Ah, so grades are a measure of your exorcist ranking? i see, makes sense, so holy blast is the ranged attack?
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »
Aye Aye skipper, all weapons have special abilities that apply only to them. Such as Holy Blast in accordance with your longsword, a whip type weapon or a hammer type wouldn't be able to preform that, but they'd have their own special abilities.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 09:12:45 pm »
Okay, cool, makes more sense
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 02:53:49 pm »
Name: Sabine "Ruse" Nyte
Species: jackal
Appearance: 5' 7" 115lbs black mottled with dark grey. White hands with blaze running down underside of arms and down to about kidney area. Has a white question mark shaped mark on her left cheek. Both wrists are lined with scars.
Personality: almost always depressed, though breaks through the depression every now and then. Strangely gets pleasure from pain.
Backstory: Savine grew up as a second child, but wasn't treated as the baby like most would've been. Her younger sister took to her father's career path(thieving), and was thus the favored child. Sabine was by no means abused, but she was never able to overcome living in her younger sister's shadow. This, coupled with the thinking that there was nobody out there for her led to her depression.
Weapon: twin daggers made for directing magic.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:13:23 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 02:58:11 pm »
Why so curious?
white question mark shaped mark on her left cheek.

Looks good for now, but need to see the rest filled out to make final judgment call, but like I said looks good for now.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 03:13:37 pm »
Fin.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 03:15:18 pm »
Seems good, just don't try to channel any magic until you learn a skill that requires it...Well don't try if you value your limbs, and life
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 01:25:16 pm »
Thing(s) I totally forgot!!

Era!: So the era is a bit of mish-mash. Architecture is predominantly Victorian era. There are no vehicles except trains and boats for long distance traveling, Most of the world still uses horse draw carts. There is electricity, but it hasn't been configured to be used as a light source yet so people still use candles and gas. There are 'Portable phones' but they are made in the style of WWI

This is what the radios/phones look like
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 03:55:28 pm »
Name:Corona "cora"
Species:rabbit
Appearance: she is a rabbit with flaming red and milky cream fur, she is tall for a female...and a rabbit, thin, and flat chested, gypsy, wears traditional belly shirt and knee length skirt under uniform. her eyes have no visible pupils or irises, but she isn't blind.
Personality: TBR (she's still being troublesome sea...)
Backstory: (you do not know you have the Blessing, never even had so much as an inkling of having it) TBR
Weapon:bolt action rifle

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:46:35 pm by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 03:59:20 pm »
-redacted-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:47:02 pm by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 05:33:09 pm »
Gonna have to nix the riot shield, they weren't used until  1960s, (personally i'm willing to bet they were used in the early 1930s and/or 40s but just weren't mass produced)

It would be a flintlock revolver if I allow it
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:36:00 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »
ok...then square shields with an eye slot in them

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 11:54:39 am »
No mostly because I find that mental image absolutely ridiculous.

*pokes your card skeleton* Seems to lacking some meat.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 12:00:07 pm »
Gonna have to nix the riot shield, they weren't used until  1960s, (personally i'm willing to bet they were used in the early 1930s and/or 40s but just weren't mass produced)

It would be a flintlock revolver if I allow it

Flintlock revolver... I am not sure hiw that would work... That is strange... Maybe a black powder revolver like a colt dragoon, but specifically flintlock...

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 12:19:12 pm »
Oh, yeah... I've seen those... I don't know why I didn't think of them.