Author Topic: Alphas (OOC)  (Read 6689 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Alphas (OOC)
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:46:23 pm »
Alright, guys, it's been a while...

The year is 3456. The location is the walled city known as Sentinel, or "The Nest" to some. it is a city stretching well over half the size of Florida(it is in a made up state, though, not Florida), but it is now divided. The government has become overly powerful, and has started dictating who reproduces with a technological fist of iron, in an attempt to weed out the "alpha" gene that keeps cropping up. However, nobody knows what exactly causes the gene to pop up. It can be given to a child from 2 normal parents lacking even the carrier trait. These "alphas" have heightened senses, one to three powers(only extremely powerful ones have three), and are extremely fertile, especially with other alphas, as opposed to "normals," who are just that. The fighting, along with the body count of each side, is escalating with each passing day-nay, moment-and is forcing those who claim to be neutral into choosing sides. The normals who aide the Alphas are legally determined to be traitors and are to be executed on sight, but are not prone to alpha attacks. The government has even enacted its "Valkrie program," an experimental superhuman project meant to hunt alphas. The alphas, though, only fight for peace, or so they claim; they want the government to treat them fairly, not like animals as the government chose to treat them initially.

You are either an alpha or a Valkrie; if you're a Valkrie, you get advanced armor and weapons, but if you're an alpha, you get heightened senses, strength/speed, and a power. So one thing remains to be seen... Do you fight for the eradication of the dangerous alphas, or the future filled with them?

Alrighty, first off, rules:
1. No god-moding.
2. Auto-hitting is a no-no.
3. My word is law. If you have a problem, come to me. Through PM.
4. Have fun and relax. Yes, there will be moments that bend reality: but it is science fiction...
5. Policy on arguing in thread: you get one warning, then you're out. Take it to PM if you have to make a case, people. It's not that hard.
6. If you do get booted, I will give you a cool down period of a day or two, then you can try again with another character. A second strike will result in a longer cool down period. A third is a permanent boot.

Character skeleton:

Name:
Species:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Alpha or Valkrie:
Attitude:

(Valkrie card additions.)
Armor type(I will provide a list):
Weapons(primary and secondary. I will provide a list. Valkries all start with a standard combat knife and two frag grenades):

(Alpha card additions.)
Clothing:
Power(unless you can make a good argument for a power, I will provide a list):

----------

Armor types: (all armors are aluminum plates over a titanium framed exoskeleton, but vary in layout and tactical abilities.)
Soldier- well protected all around, from most types of damage. Has the ability to lock down after a certain amount of damage is received; this completely protects the wearer, but he/she is unable to move and cannot use weapons while locked down.
Riot- heavily protected front, but lightly protected back. Has the ability to send out a massive jolt of electricity through all plates and short range through the ground, though this causes temporary shutdown of targeting and other major in-suit systems.
Sniper- light overall protection. Built in shoulder recoil dampeners. Has the ability to cloak, though it doesn't hide heat signature, and the power drain from the shoulder recoil dampeners cause the cloaking to shut down upon firing of a weapon or using a knife.
Scout- lightweight overall protection. Has the ability to boost in any direction at high speed for a short distance. The speed causes processor lag, and the HUD must be allowed to catch up.

Weapons-

Primaries:
Fury arms "Martin" assault rifle- 30.06, select fire, 30 round box mag. Comes pre-equipped with a hard-light bayonet, vertical grip, and hybrid scope.
Fury arms "Kreiger" shotgun- 12 gauge, pump action, 10 round tube mag. Comes pre-equipped with chainsaw grip, 12"x30" hard light shield, and standoff barrel.
Fury arms "Mad Hatter" sniper rifle- .338 Lapua, bolt action, 10 round box mag. Comes pre equipped with Bipod, thermal imaging, and muzzle brake.
Fury arms "Terror" sub machine gun- .45 ACP, automatic, 50 round drum mag. Comes pre-equipped with fire rate adjuster, folding stock, and under-mounted Tazer.

Secondaries:
Fury arms "Predator II" handgun- .454 Casull, semi-automatic, 15 round box mag. Comes pre-equipped based on primary weapon.
Assault rifle- adds a muzzle brake and butt-stock
Shotgun- adds a muzzle brake and shortened .410 shotgun shells
Sniper rifle- adds a muzzle brake and tungsten cored rounds
Smg- adds muzzle brake and match grade internals(smooths out movement, allowing for higher fire rate.)
Fury arms "Valken" bullpup revolver- .50 BMG, single action(must be cocked after each shot), 5 round cylinder. Comes pre-equipped with muzzle brake and recoil dampeners. (Warning: speed loaders do not exist for this weapon, so loading takes some time.)

Powers: (all powers drain the user's energy, but at different amounts.)
Pyrokenesis- can generate fire and spontaneously combust targets. Strength drain varies with distance and fire intensity.
Telekenesis- can move and throw things at will. Strength drain varies with object size and speed thrown.
Healing- can heal all but the worst wounds,  using the life force from other living things. Strength drain varies with wound intensity and amount of life force transferred.
Deconstruction- can completely disassemble anything mechanical simply by touching it and concentrating for a few seconds. Strength drain varies with size and complexity of disassembly target.
Cryokenesis- can create and throw ice shards, create ice formations, and spontaneously freeze targets. Strength drain varies based on distance to target and depth/intensity of freeze.

A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Sledge

• Male
Re: Alphas (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:45 am »
Name: Farika "Flir" Vernon.
Species: unknown canine
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 125
Appearance: well maintained athletic figure. Dark, steel blue fur and orange eyes. Attractive except for the horrible burns covering upwards of 75% of her body. Typically remains hidden in armor with a custom full face mask.
Alpha or Valkrie: Valkrie (general)
Attitude: remains quiet except for giving orders or advice. When she does speak, though, it is best to listen as her words are often filled with wisdom. Hides a deep hate for the alphas for their role in her disfigurement and the murder of her husband.
Armor type: Valkrie general (yes, I know it's not in the list... I have reasons. General all around protection with a long range comms pack on the back and strength/speed enhancing servos in arms and legs. Has no actual "skill." Used by field generals to command troops.) Painted dark red with gold trim and fitted with a custom helm which hides her face.
Primary: Martin
Secondary: Afterburner
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:46:40 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:55 am »
Name:Kit "kitsune" Ladro
Species:Fox
Height:5'0"
Weight:109
Appearance:Red and white, like a fox, green eyes.
Alpha or Valkrie: Alpha
Attitude: Sassy...sarcastic
Clothing:
Power:Pyrokinesis
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Name:Madeline "madness" verrader
Species:March hare (you put in a gun called the mad hatter...I had to)
Height:5'2" (5'9 with those big ears included)
Weight:122 pounds
Appearance:Cute, blond...lotsa crazy behind those blue eyes though.
Alpha or Valkrie:Valkyrie
Attitude:playful
Armor type(I will provide a list): Sniper
Weapons
___
primary-Fury arms "Mad Hatter" sniper rifle
Secondary-Fury arms "Predator II" handgun
Other- combat knife and two frag grenades
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Name:Jacoby Quinn
Species:Rabbit
Height:4'10" (5'5" with those big ears included)
Weight:97
Appearance:dark brown fur, blue eyes
Alpha or Valkrie:Alpha
Attitude:Cheeky, Smug...Confrontational.
Clothing:
Power:Burst acceleration
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:04:33 pm by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:11 am »
Name: Scott Samson.
Species: Artic Fox (currently a brown.)
Height: 6' 1"
 Weight: 160 lbs
Appearance: often seen with headphones and listening to dubstep or techno, sometimes disco, these headphones flip out to be speakers. The sweatshirt is a light blue and his shoes are white, his shorts however are a deep red. He calls it his 'suit.'
Alpha or Valkrie: Alpha
Attitude: Rather thoughtful and easy going. He likes kind people and is kinda lazy. He believes that Alphas gain in power as they use their abilities, like working out or muscle memory. Naturally prefers cooler climes. Loves videogames and will often make references to such.
 Clothing: a sweatshirt with short sleeves. Often wearing shorts and running shoes
 Power(unless you can make a good argument for a power, I will provide a list): Cryokenesis and healing

Done.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:48:45 am by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:45:46 am »
Name: Griff
Species: German Shepherd
Height:5'3
Appearance: brown fur and blonde on face eyes,one blue and other light hazel is not that muscular but is very swift and can jump incredibly high, parkour etc. .skilled in hand to hand combat has a heavy war background in the family
Alpha or Valkrie: Valkrie
Attitude : very talkative outside of missions can make friends well 
Weight:90lbs
Armor type: Sniper with Green camo wears a helmet that covers face and head similar to (wear eyes are there is two tinted green glass lenses were i look out of) Titanfall  sniper skin helmet

Weapon : "Mad Hatter " with Olive green
Secondary:"Predator II" same Olive green
I will be on later to RP after school if i may ask you should add a crossbow type weapon as a secondary that would be cool like wrist mounted and can be retracted and retract when in use
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:49:16 pm by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:54:02 am »
Except for the telescopes and branches, you're good. I'll consider adding the crossbow.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 10:57:19 am »
ok sounds good i changed my description no telescopes and branches 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:06:10 am by Shard the wolf »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 11:21:07 am »
Also, guys, part of this thread is my arms list... I've yet to do the mad hatter or the terror, though...

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 11:26:25 am »
Secondary-Shotgun

Please stick with one of the given secondaries...

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 11:29:11 am »
Secondary-Shotgun

Please stick with one of the given secondaries...
sorry...I misread
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »
Wht, you look good... Furenzied, keep in mind that with 2 powers, the strain of using both will be potentially fatal, though you'll likely pass out before it kills you... Just uh... Don't try using them in a rapid sequence...

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »
It's not like he'll try to freeze the world. X3 but I get it. It's not like he'll flip flop like a light switch. He'll probably try to push himself a bit as with his thoughts of it, fruitful or not.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »
We can have more than one? considering adding something to Mr.quinn...

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:49:07 pm »
Name: Jacques 'Archangel' Merit
Species: Dire-Wolf
Height: 6ft even
Weight: 142
Appearance: Has dark brown reddish coloured fur. Has stormy blue eyes, and sports a forehead scar above his right eye. Has two Templar Cross tattoos, one on each pectoral. Also has the entire book of Revelations tattooed on his back, the words 'I am the Alpha and the Omega' are emboldened to standout.
Alpha or Valkrie: Valkrie
Attitude: His attitude is volatile at best, most due to him suffering from a personality disorder that has caused him to believe he is the Archangel Michael. However this hasn't proved all to terrible as it has caused him to greatly study anatomy and Hand-to-hand combat. However it has had a few drawbacks of him thinking he's invincible and almost getting him killed and if he thinks somebody is working for the enemy he will kidnap them and torture them, usually until death. 

(Valkrie card additions.)
Armor type: Scout. Painted white with gold trim.
Weapons(Valkries all start with a standard combat knife and two frag grenades): Can we dual wield? if so two of the Afterburners. (From your other thread. if I misunderstood then let me know)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:12:29 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 10:02:20 pm »
Yes, Wht, you can... But, like I said with Furenzied, using them sequentially will likely result in loss of consciousness or even death.

Colonel: unless you can convince me to place the afterburner in this RP, I'd rather you use either the Valken or Predator II... I thought the afterburner was too OP'd.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
i decided to change it a bit dont like scars decided with a heavy war background because i actually do have 6 relatives that served in wars

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 10:55:43 pm »
Yes, Wht, you can... But, like I said with Furenzied, using them sequentially will likely result in loss of consciousness or even death.

Colonel: unless you can convince me to place the afterburner in this RP, I'd rather you use either the Valken or Predator II... I thought the afterburner was too OP'd.

how soon can I use one after the other?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »
Well your most Honorable Child of the Heavens High King Lordship, there are a handful of reasons as to why you should allow the eccentric Jacques Merit to use the Afterburns.

Exhibit one: It essentially completes the character. How so you might ask? Take a normal fur, putting those guns into his/her hands is nothing special. To them they are just guns that shoot out super heated bullets. Now, put those guns into the hands of Jacques; those are no longer just guns that shoot out super heated bullets. NO! It is a weapon of Holy Vengeance that punishes the wicked and absolves the sinful with the cleansing flames of Heaven.

Exhibit two-five: While yes on their own the Afterburners could be perceived as overpowered, the drawbacks of the scout suit actually help to counterbalance that. Let me put your confusion at ease. For starters the light armor would mean I couldn't just stand there and fire off shots like no tomorrow. I would actually have to pick the shots which naturally results in a much lower shots-per-minutes. Second, Whilst dashing around a super high speeds one can imagine it would actually be fairly difficult to keep a lock on your target not only that, but dashing around at extreme speeds is also going to put drastically increased wind resistance on your bullets and in the heat of battle you're not really going to have time to try and do calculations to counteract that. Lastly, if trying to shoot something while dashing wasn't bad enough let's toss in that HUD reset. It's going to be highly difficult to shoot at something that's not registering on your HUD, mean both while Dashing and during HUD reset I will have to maintain 'eyes on the prize' so to speak. 

Exhibit six: It's a pistol, which means it has all the drawbacks of a pistol. Limited range, smaller clip, and lower stopping power. Now while the super heated bullets will give it that extra oomph for armor and flesh penetration, that means nothing if my targets to far away resulting in Jacques to have to get closer to his target than he would with most of the other guns. Which means, Jacques will have to put himself in the line of fire more often.

We thank you for your consideration in this matter. Most Holy Honorable God King Child of Heaven Lord Reagent.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:11:54 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »
 :o

I'm about 98% convinced... One problem, though... If I let you go with it, who else will want one? Should I just make it the standard secondary?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 11:36:48 pm »
I say, let them fight for their right to (PARTAY!!!!) use that gun. I thought of my reasons why Jacques should be allowed to use the gun, the others can think of their own reasons.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 11:38:13 pm »
Very well... They are the only guns you have, though. No other primary.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:59 pm »
Mwhahaha all shall soon know the punishment of scorning the gift of God.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 11:42:50 pm »
my question is when will we start this RP just a question not to rush or anything

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »
I'll give most of tomorrow for any late-comers, but tomorrow afternoon my time, it should be up.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 11:58:57 pm »
My question is why there are only two secondaries