Author Topic: Creating my fursona  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Evilo

• Male
Creating my fursona
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:54 pm »
Heey furries, so as you might not know (inception :) ) I am absolutely and completely new to the site and the fandom :P . As I probably can't afford both money wise and morally wise (because of family) to create a real fur suit right now, I was thinking to create a digital fursona. Problem is my drawing skills are equal to 0 :( . So the idea of me trying to draw this is really hopeless, so i am thinking into creating it and i was wondering what would you recommend me :). I am pretty good in photoshop, and maybe i could even learn how to use 3DS MAX for this reason. So i just want an idea of a program or way to create this with as less drawing skills as it could be. I am waiting for my cookie :)
Reconciliations lying sprawled one on top of the other.
Action gets ahead of us.
Keep believing without realizing a long gone shadow.
Hide a voiceless word I saved yesterday
And lose track of it.

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
Re: Creating my fursona
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:49:48 pm »
well art wise, im with you there, no art skills, but i can color stuff in. so i found a template  and simply modified it to fit my needs. i started with this http://forums.furtopia.org/fursuits-and-plushies/need-fursuit-character-reference-sheet-read-here/ then with a bit of coloring ( and blender for the tail) i ended up with this http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/korvre/media/ref2WIP2_zps33447051.jpg.html?sort=3&o=16. its not the prettiest but it works. if you need help coming up with the actual character, there are many ways, some try to find what relates to them the best, others take things they like and put them together. it all depends on what you want to do. a bit ago i changed my fursona.  what i did is i just took what is cool and interesting to me ( for species i have gone with a fictional one called a sergal). and then slapped on a few things i like, such as color, robotic tail, markings, etc. and i ended up with this ( still need to do robotic tail, been to lazy to model it) and i used a template for this as well http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/korvre/media/sergalrefWIP1_zps8d88dab6.png.html?sort=3&o=6. that help at all?
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Evilo

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 01:07:59 pm »
Wow, that doesn't look just good also looks very technical  :o . Thanks for the tip, I might get to really do something tomorrow (as i really am tired today I've just finished overseeing some workers not so long ago and i really need to edit some more photos because I am a semi-professional photographer and huh i got a lot of photos to edit after last week :) ). You know call this unnecessary talking but I like talking, stop me if you can :P .
Action gets ahead of us.
And lose track of it.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 01:37:41 pm »
oh thats because they are reference sheets. so if someone else were to draw me art, i show them that instead of having to try to describe  how i want him. overseeing some workers? are you a manager at 15? also cool, photography, i dont really have much skill myself.
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Evilo

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:52:04 pm »
Haha I'm no manager but my father is renovating a house, where i used to live when i was little, and they were working in a place with higly valuable stuff so i needed to watch them to not break / steal anything. It was a 1 day job, but at least now I'm back to a furry and cozy place :D
Action gets ahead of us.
And lose track of it.

Offline Sergalicious

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 12:09:22 am »
oh i see. well we should probably get back on topic.
Upon my liar's chair
You are someone else
I am still right here