Author Topic: Tips for drawing lynx?  (Read 5257 times)

Offline Winter Lynx

• Species: Lynx
  • Male
Tips for drawing lynx?
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:33:16 pm »
Basically I'm finally taking the plunge and trying to learn how to draw semi-decently so I can make pictures of my fursona (a lynx if that wasn't kinda obvious) and I'm picking up things here and there but if anyone has some specific tips for drawing a lynx I'd really appreciate their advice. A particular thing I'm struggling with is the big tufts of fur on the cheeks, they just never look quite right when I look at source pictures and try to copy them.
I am not a student with a drinking problem, I am an alcoholic with a studying problem.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Tips for drawing lynx?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:58:48 am »
Here is a good toutorial for drawing a feral lynx.
http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/8861/1/1/how-to-draw-a-lynx,-lynx.htm

Learning how to draw the fur patterns takes time. Looking at close up images of a
feral Lynx is a good plan. Here is a toutorial on drawing fur.
http://design.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-draw-animals-quickly-render-fur--vector-17833

Converting to a fursona depends on what looks good to you.

It would be well to post a basic sketch in this thread. Then we can offer helps or suggestions.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:08:16 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Winter Lynx

• Species: Lynx
  • Male
Re: Tips for drawing lynx?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »
Thanks, Rabbit :) I'll upload one of my very crude sketches when I can get my printer/scanner to work. My best one so far is probably one that started off copying a wolf tutorial which I added feline features to.
I am not a student with a drinking problem, I am an alcoholic with a studying problem.