Author Topic: Hey! Hi! Hello!  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Ramcakes

Hey! Hi! Hello!
« on: April 17, 2018, 10:24:03 pm »
Hello Efurrybody!

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances. My name is Ramona, though I rarely go by it -- my friends and relatives call me Ram (like ROM), or Ramon (RAH-Mohn), and I've been going by Rammy online for a very long time. When I was younger and in mypreteen/early teenage years, I frequented Furcadia and met really wonderful friends (whom, sadly I didn't stay in touch with), and as I grew up I became more frequently involved in the art community. Unfortunately, because of stresses and other dumb adult stuff, I completely blocked myself off from the community and the internet hahahah.

Thankfully, I'm back, and I want to integrate myself in again, produce some more art, maybe even get commissions to support my extracurriculars! (Please read, the gym, and maybe video games).

My fursona originally was a little lamb, short, bright fuschia pink hair with blonde and blue highlights and a cute red ribbon around her neck. Buuuuut that was 2003-2010.

Now, I'm not sure! I identify much more with strong animals, like oxen or bears, but I love flight and believe very much that barn owls are my spirit animal. So *SHRUGS* maybe I'm a winged sun bear.

EITHER WAY. It's really exciting stepping into everything again. I may lurk and take some time to spread my wings (haha) but please don't take my timidness the wrong way!

-Rammy

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: Hey! Hi! Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:56:40 am »
Hello, and welcome to Furtopia! It's always good to see people come back.

Below is a guide to help you become familiar with the forums and the rest of us become more familiar with you.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

I might have more to add later (once I wake up more), but until then: Welcome aboard!  :)

My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:11:25 am »
Welcome to furtopia Ram.

I hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Ramcakes

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:00:00 pm »
Thank you Varg the wanderer, and Old Rabbit! I'll be sure to respond to the questions to break the ice!

Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
I searched on google for 'furry forum' and furtopia and furaffinity were the two most popular links -- so I went ahead and signed myself up!

How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Oh man.. well, I started hanging around forums and having characters with animalistic features from 12/13. They always had something! Tail(s), wings, you name it! I've never gone to a furry convention, though. I've somewhat kept up with everything for the last 15 years.

Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
I do! Or, I should say I did. I haven't made her itteration in a long time. She was a lamb/succubus and she was very dear to me, but as I've grown up I feel like I've grown out of her too. This is her headshot from awhile ago.

What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?
I like the freedom. I like the expression. I believe we all have something in us that reminds us of our animalistic behaviors and some of us just choose to identify a little more firmly with them. Animals cannot deny who they are, they have behaviors that are unique to their species through learned and evolved behaviors. Sometimes associating with those behaviors can help come to terms with yourself and understand you are who you are for reasons. That's why, although I do not fully identify as a furry, I do believe that I have the soul and spirit of many animals with me -- from my reincarnations or otherwise, and this time around I just happened to be placed into the body of a human!

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:07:36 pm »
Hi Rammy!
*hugs* 
(I love the Ram/Rom: like computers! Ha ha!  Yeah I'm a dork at times, can't help it, born a dork)

I'm sure that people would love to see your art etc... and I'm always glad to see more people here!
Its like a nice crazy zany awesome den of strangeness here. And that's a good thing !
 Hope to see you around.

Varg, what you doing up at 3:45 am? Good grief bud! I thought that was my gig!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:16:46 am »
Welcome to Furtopia, Rammy! Enjoy your stay!  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such