Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on Today at 10:23:40 am »
Went to see dad for his birthday.  Stuck at their house  also with a head cold. Roads are iced over to bad to go down the street. Called boss to tell him I can't come in. 
foodie furs / Re: Substituting applesauce for eggs?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on Today at 10:18:56 am »
At first glance/ sound this seems really ugg.

Of they were here, I'd try one.  But I'm not making them. 
general non-furry discussion / Re: What makes a pet?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on Today at 10:17:21 am »
I like a pet that can sit on bed and not soil it, so it can sleep near me.  I like a pet that I can hug.  I like a pet that can understand just enough so that things go smoothly.  I like a pet that I can trust. If the pet can't be trained much it should be smaller than myself so it can't eat me easily.

Honestly I would love to have a bear.  🐻
If they could be trained well enough I bet they could be really cool!
Honestly,  predators are the pets for me,  again if they were trained and docile. 

So in the end, it is a dog for me. 🐶  :goldthpt:

word games / Re: The Ban Game
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on Today at 10:10:54 am »
Bans Kobuk for not pulling my sled through the snow today. So I could get home.
And now the fish take over!
Magic Carp !
traditional and digital artwork / Re: A Rat's journey in oil painting.
« Last post by cause the rat on January 29, 2023, 07:11:41 pm »
I want to explain why I did this. When doing cast studies using the folds of draped material I found myself looking at the entire object. Not at the shapes that made the object up. I knew I had to break that habit. After spending some time with this I can now instantly look at any complex object and see the value shapes that make it up. Well worth the effort. Time to pick up the brush and start the cast studies all over again.

It's very important to be true to yourself when learning a new skill. Getting good information from trusted sources helps. Unfortunately for every good source on the web there are 99 total disasters. As you watch me fall on my face I hope not only to inspire you but continue to be a source of good information. I'm not above correcting myself and apologizing for being wrong.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Don't let your pets near credit cards.
« Last post by cause the rat on January 29, 2023, 05:53:25 pm »
Ruthless fish! This is funny.
foodie furs / Re: Substituting applesauce for eggs?
« Last post by cause the rat on January 29, 2023, 05:52:25 pm »
I work with someone who is a vegan. She brought in home made cookies made with applesauce instead of eggs. Huge difference. Not only in flavor but texture as well. Applesauce doesn't have the protein eggs do. They were good. A bit funky flavored but still good to eat. Perhaps combining applesauce with soybean protein would be better. 
foodie furs / Substituting applesauce for eggs?
« Last post by Kobuk on January 29, 2023, 10:17:04 am »
I never knew about this.  :o
With the way egg prices keep going up and avian bird flu still running rampant, applesauce might be the way to go.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/opinions/eggs-shortage-baking-cake-applesauce-recipe-puckett-ctpr/index.html
general non-furry discussion / Don't let your pets near credit cards.
« Last post by Kobuk on January 29, 2023, 10:13:59 am »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10