Author Topic: Are there any furry conventions near Houston, Texas?  (Read 7012 times)

Offline caninesrock

• Female
Are there any furry conventions near Houston, Texas?
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »
I looked all over and I can't find one. I only found one in Dallas which is like 5 hours from here and 1 in Austin which is like 3 hours from here. Does anyone know if they're are any little-known furry cons that not many sites know about that are held in Houston?

Banner made by my friend Alex(who isn't a member here) and used with permission. Avatar is screenshot of Jacob in wolf form from Twilight movie.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Are there any furry conventions near Houston, Texas?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »
3.  Conventions
Wikifur list of furry convention resources: (Here you’ll find a complete listing of furry conventions throughout the US and around the world. Included will also be extra links to a convention’s main website, Photo websites, Con LJ communities, and other additional resources.)
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/List_of_furry_convention_resources
Upcoming Events:
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Template:Upcoming_events

Offline Deval

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »
Shows upcoming events.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Template:Upcoming_events

Houston is a very conservative city - I would be surprised if they ever get any furry events down there.
All dragons are crazy. I am a dragon, therefore...

Offline caninesrock

• Female
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »
Houston is a very conservative city - I would be surprised if they ever get any furry events down there.
0__0 What exactly happens at Furry Conventions? Is it bad stuff? I've never been to one before. I'm new to the fandom.

Banner made by my friend Alex(who isn't a member here) and used with permission. Avatar is screenshot of Jacob in wolf form from Twilight movie.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 04:35:28 pm »
0__0 What exactly happens at Furry Conventions? Is it bad stuff? I've never been to one before. I'm new to the fandom.

See some of the links in a post by Party Pony here. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=26462.0

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 10:35:16 pm »
What goes on in the official convention areas are rated G-PG, and family friendly. Any adult stuff is either censored or held at night and require ID to attend (usually just art shows). The usual stuff you'll find is places to buy art and other merchandise, fursuit games (as fun to watch as it is to participate), panels on how to draw, write, and do other furry related stuff, gaming rooms, variety shows, and a general hang out area. Now there may be things outside of the convention area and their control that happen, such as room parties that get rowdy. These are usually private and you have to "be in the know" to get in. Some wild stuff may go on in them, but I hear you have to know what you're looking for to find it. I wouldn't really know about that since the only room parties I've done were promoting other conventions, which are family friendly too.

Oh, and the dances. Every convention has a dance that usually caters to the electronica crowd and a time slot that's more pop oriented and fursuit friendly. Though you see plenty of fursuits at the regular dances too. You know how furs love their shinies, and they certainly come out at the dance :P
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.