Author Topic: Highschool Furries  (Read 40427 times)

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
Re: Highschool Furries
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 05:12:55 pm »
*raises paw* I'm a junior in my highschool. Unfotunately, I am what appears to be the ONLY one in my school. (or, at least, the only one that is aware of his own furriness) The closest thing to another fur in my school is my best friend, and that's mainly because of his understanding and open-minded personality (that, and he's posted on here for a few months). *sigh* It gets so lonely sometimes...  :(

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 11:07:31 pm »
Joined the forum in my Sophomore year I think... Wore a tail to school a few times and a collar once. Not many people cared, and if they did I didn't care that they did. :P :)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sabe

• Male
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 06:34:45 am »
OOO OOO I AM!!!! :P im fairly open about it i havent been gettin hated on to much for bein a furry or everyone thinks im just being the usual me and is just screwin with their minds either way i think i made a good choice and my closer friends accept me :)

and dont u grammar nazis be gettin after me cause u think i has none......... CAUSE I GOT PLENTY 'O' GRAMMAR!!!

O and im currently a freshman
If you can't take the heat, get out of the rocket propulsion test chamber!!!

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 12:54:11 pm »
There were plenty of avid tail wearers at my High school but I wasn't really into it till college :P
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 01:56:25 am »
 I was interested in anthro art for a long time; I even was developing a character who would later become Traitos. However, when I finally learned about furries, I was in my sophmore year, I had no idea what it was seeing as I only heard the name. When I looked it up (due to all the sites that provide info that puts furries down) I felt embarrased about liking anthro art. So I was silent about it until I decided to look up more info and discovered wikifur. Now I accept it but my passive nature keeps me quiet about the whole thing.

I still sometimes feel like my info on the matter is just not quite right.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Gigi

• Little Pink Goat
  • Female
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 09:37:26 am »
I'm actualy still going through the high school furry phase, but oh, well, story time.

I turned my best friend furry without trying. She originally was just into the anime fandom, thus only caring about furries to the point of catgirls (though she never ever said anything bad about them). Then when I dropped out of the fandom for a year, she joined it. What luck!

When I go back to America, I'll be going to a much larger school then what I was before so I'm hoping I'll be able to find some furs or more people to accidentally convert.
My English isn't the best anymore. Sorry for any mistakes.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:51 am »
There were plenty of avid tail wearers at my High school but I wasn't really into it till college :P

Really? we had plenty of furries, but not one of us wore a tail/ears. :D

(We almost even started a club, but the person who was going to found it got caught up in school work, and never got around to applying for the creation of it.)
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »
So i bring up FCN today after eighth period (i call it recovery period :D) and get questioned, after telling them it's a furry convention, my GENIUS friend starts going on about how it's a fetish where all the people like to have gay sex with cartoon animals in mascot suits. >:(
....."FacePalm"

Luckily I caught the person later and negated all that information replacing it with cold hard facts... whew!

Even worse yet, my GENIUS friend isn't willing to learn about the fandom and just says its weird. Oh how stubborn souls must be.  >:(

Anyway, I haven't been mortally injured yet so i can't say things are going badly :D
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Dog_OF_War7

• Male
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
I've shown up to every day of my Sr. year so far in a collar and a tail
And yes i do have other furrys at my school they are like my best friends
People reacted strange at first but they have just got used to it hell i even yell out YIFF in class all the time i even write iit on teachers boards just to anger the fur-haters in my school  :)
=^.^= Dog Of War7=^.^=

Offline revnance

• Male
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 02:48:16 am »
I'm currently a sophmore and I don't think I'm the only furry at my school but I can't tell. For example some of the kids ( including a couple of my friends ) wear tails but I can't tell if it's because they are trying be like the ravers or shuflers or actual furrys.
"bark at the moon"

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 05:49:07 pm »
I'm currently a sophmore and I don't think I'm the only furry at my school but I can't tell. For example some of the kids ( including a couple of my friends ) wear tails but I can't tell if it's because they are trying be like the ravers or shuflers or actual furrys.

Why not ask ;)?

Though for a while now, tails and ears have been a hipster thing.

Offline Neko13

• Female
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 08:04:22 pm »
I went to 2 high schools and looking back I think I was the only furry in both of them.  I didn't find out about furries until 1st yr of college (im in my 3rd yr of college). In my 2nd hs i wore a collar and all of my friends supported it, they knew I was a cat I just wasn't dubbed a furry until college.  Sometimes I wish I still had a collar..i have a tail

Offline Mike Folf

• Marf! =3
  • Male
    • Valleydog Comic
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 01:16:12 am »
I go to this small school of 300 students that's rather high-tech with everyone being rather web-savvy or creative. So one would expect several furries out of the bunch right? Nope. Aside from me there's only one other fur in school, and we tend to hang out around campus. Aside from one 'incident' last year (a -chan obsessed student discovered my furriness and called me a common furry insult out loud), I've never had any problem even when I frequently draw furs in class.
I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanus Califius, Cali Folf for short..

Tweet Comic FA

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 02:12:29 pm »
I go to this small school of 300 students that's rather high-tech with everyone being rather web-savvy or creative. So one would expect several furries out of the bunch right? Nope. Aside from me there's only one other fur in school, and we tend to hang out around campus. Aside from one 'incident' last year (a -chan obsessed student discovered my furriness and called me a common furry insult out loud), I've never had any problem even when I frequently draw furs in class.

Still that's pretty good. You at least have another fur at your school.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Kaw

• Female
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 04:01:34 pm »
I'm still in high school, and while I'm not openly furry there is a girl a few grades below me who talks constantly about the fandom and even wears ears & a tail to school. But she's the only other furry I know besides myself and my closest friend.

Offline Mistytail

• tree powers, activate!!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 05:02:39 pm »
Most of my friends really don't care about my being a furry one way or the other. They find the naked art sorta weird (it's Barbie-like nudity but still) but other than that, they just don't care. I don't wear ears, a collar, or a tail, though, because my school has a strict uniform policy. Maybe in college but until then, I'm tailless o3o

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »
I go to a fairly large school (1000+ students) and there's only two other furries, but I'm still happy I'm not the only one :D One of them is quite new to the fandom, mostly because after she asked me several questions about the fandom she decided to be a shrimp-furry :)
I don't really wear a tail or collar yet, but I will probably start next year if I have the guts xD
"... And if you disagree with us, please: feel free to keep that oppinion to yourself!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 12:32:38 am »
It's been awhile (try a few years) since i was in school- but I used to be the little kid in all black sitting in the corner, doodling anthros. Everyone in my school pretty much ignored me so i was kind of the lone wolf in that respect :P BUT- i fursuited duting school spirit week, and ALWAYS wore my tail and collar ^^. Now I've got a tattoo >.>;;;
www.furaffinity.net/user/onai <-- I be makin' fursuits. yar.

Offline IceDag

• Covered in BEES!
  • Female
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 06:36:53 am »
I was already bullied for being fat/weird/gothy/emo/whatever they could pin to me, so if I had said I'm a furry, they would've killed me. (I live way up in the country, when I made a slideshow about Gay Pride, most of the boys said "gays are disgusting and should be euthanized like horses with limps.")
(I'm new, please, be gentle o///o)
ಠ.ಠ
I see what you did there.

Offline AnonymousLazyCat

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 08:14:27 am »
Well, I'm not quite in high school (next year, can't wait!) but middle school is close enough, right?

Anyways, I'm mostly home-schooled and live in a tiny town, so the chances of me finding another furry are low at best. And even when I used to wear ears to school, (oddly enough, that was BEFORE I knew anything about furry) pretty much all the attention I got for it was positive.
 In fact, the only "negative" attention I got was when someone finally told me that my ears were considered a "costume" and therefore not allowed. Which kind of makes sense, but I had been wearing them fairly frequently and publicly (Not hiding them from teachers or anything) so I was just surprised no one had noticed before. In fact, I don't think anyone even told me what the dress code was. Weird.

(Off topic, but IceDag, what is the "covered in BEES!" underneath your avatar a reference to? I'm guessing Eddie Izzard, but I'm not quite sure....)

Offline rbargholz

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:08 am »
I'm in high school  :), my friends are cool with it, some of them, at least and there are some 'bashers, but you just ignore them.
You guise have 3.2k at your HIGHSCHOOL????
Jesus Christ, that's a lot, I only have 700 at mine

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 03:03:34 pm »

You guise have 3.2k at your HIGHSCHOOL????

At my high school--I just made it out of junior year--we have about 1500 people.
Man, 3200 is a lot though.  :o
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 03:09:35 pm »
im in highschool,
but not for long. im a senor :D
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 08:42:05 pm »
At my old school furries were of sin. :'(

I am the only one of my kind that I know of in my town.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Jay_Chan

• I Don't Bite Hard
  • Female
    • deviantart
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 03:53:32 am »
I'm in high school and sadly the only two people I know there are furies and one of them moved.  :( I miss my Bi furry buddy...
~..:The only one I truly loved left me with a broken heart.
So I dance in the rain so nobody
can see my tears..:~

~..: But then I went and keyed his car =^.^= So who really won!:..~