Author Topic: OOC RP discussion (Open for anyone to use)  (Read 30137 times)

Offline Gauthar

• Male
Re: OOC RP discussion (Open for anyone to use)
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2014, 04:06:11 am »
Well the statement I made is more based towards people who refuse to try and change, for me I am far from perfect when I read a post I read it sometimes as something different or I misread something. But, I concede that I go back and change it instead of complaining about it. T-Yoshi you are one of them that want to try and better themselves which is good a better description a better backstory etc. It's people that cop out every rp, or replay the same character the same way EVERY SINGLE TIME

I have roleplayed Mikhail in a fighting tournament as a man obsesed with learning the dark arts, holding a tournament with his ill gotten wealth to bring people to him and learn it. It never got far but, I used him again in Salem's University and played him as a teenager who went through a lot of issues of seeing a father figure die by a kid he considered a brother. How it played on his mind and all that. Reusing characters is great sometimes but, make them different in each carnation. Rouen was a panther who went insane from dragon's blood in one rp the next rp he was a man who watched his mate die and lost and arm. No powers no nothing, and how in many failed attempts tried to make a robot counterpart of his mate sending him down a road of depression and betraying everyone for his own need

Now I am not saying my standards are high but, reasonable Trenyth. A little effort isn't too high, to have as I pointed out a copy paste of the same description for three characters in the same rp. People not saying what a character looks like outside of "Fluffy little bunny." is why so many rps fail. Cause people arent putting in effort and get none in return and ends up being a one sentence long rp that goes on for 20 pages cause every post is one-two lines long and posted in rapid fire instead of a little thought and effort put into it.

OP Is to me a character with no flaws, all this power like sorry to say Mystical Prince's dragon character that used commanded every element known and not known, not affected by it period, can take away your powers with just a thought, and then send everyone without a problem to a void where they cant use their powers and kept there till they turn good. That is OP on sooooo many levels I cant even begin to scratch the surface. Characters like that or people who do twenty flips in a row, land on their toes, fires a weapon or magic and kill 21 characters or whatever the case may be. There is having power and then there is just god modding.

As stated the main antagonist should have this great power that floors people but not unbeatable without the sacred sword of many moons bathed in special demon fighting blood or whatever.

[me personally never liked to rp gun rps cause it's very hard to do without being op  not saying impossible just for me difficult.]

Now then the happy ending thing I agree everyone winning and having this big warm, fuzzy, lovey-dovey feeling should be nipped in the rear end and fast. I enjoy a great rp that does end in a good ending but, in every instance there is stuff that ends so bad for people. A reminder of what they fought for, who perished protecting this stuff they thought needed it. As well rps where they went and died the antagonist winning. It gives room to expand the universe on it...follow up rps, and all kinds of things.

In [hate to bring it up] but in salem's university. People were gonna die, Antonio already died my cheetah, antagonist was gonna die, principal gonna die, a lot of death. Yes good wins out in end but, at such a heavy cost it would of left room to do a second rp where how are people affected. Did people leave when teachers and students died? Is there a way to deal with all their premature deaths thanks to their own magics slowly killing them all?

Sometimes it needs to be done to lose characters remember you can bring them into another rps cause it's in a different universe, just change them to make them fit

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2014, 04:48:00 am »

B. GM's You do not need to accept a lack luster Character sheet just to fill spots. If you set a standard and
Physical appearance:looks a lot like a rabbit, but has some fox features, like the tail, internal organs, teeth, paws <------ this...THIS is so lack luster and believe it or not they copy and pasted the same description for more then one character. This means absolutely nothing. You look like a rabbit with fox features? Ok how tall are you? Coloring? What does tail look like? Fox like as in a fox tail or a rabbit tail colored like a fox's? Internal organs really? REALLY!? Unless you are gonna be killed and then autopsied I really don't believe this matters at all. Color of your eyes? What about any scars or something that might stand out? Piercings, cuffs on ears, rings, jewelry, glasses, or even like I don't know gold teeth cause you lost some and got all rapper. SOMETHING. Paws I dont even need to go there.

I believe my point has been made however some may think I am being mean or picking on just one. Oh no, trust me plenty of people are guilty of this, it was the first one I grabbed and noticed it was copy pasted for three descriptions in SAME RP. So AKA I have three characters for all you know are identical triplets and look the same. One walks down road well who is that one it might be Sal or Venus, or maybe it's Nick. I don't know they are all the same description and being I have never met the person before am unsure. Fan-freaking-tastic and yet they are accepted so no one gets hurt feelings. Which makes me go "No no...you as GM Put effort into your rp. To have a character sheet that isn't even on par with what you put into it, then they have no right to be upset. PUT YOUR PAW/HOOF/TALON/WHATEVER DOWN."

Look, i'm not going to lie, you pointing out my character description in such a combative manner really pisses me off. i'm not here to attack you though, i'm here to explain and if I come off as a bit sharp, oh well you shouldn't have given me reason to.

Now I recognize that in any given RP this would be a major flaw...except that there is an entire aircraft carrier of these guys and I wanted a vague generic description of them because I WANT confusion as to who is who, "Oh hey sexy" "who the hell are you?" "oh i'm sorry i thought you were-"

as for the internal organs bit, that is far more important than it seems, what would you think if you saw what appeared to be a rabbit eating a steak? how would you rationalize that "no i'm wounded, I know I look like a rabbit but I need an organ donation from a fox"

as for the rest? I give a generic description because noone pays attention to the details until they are pertinent, often the details hash themselves out in the game, and if you will look, I have never copy pasted appearance in an rp other than that unless i'm playing twins.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2014, 05:03:53 am »

A. TBR: Really this just a cop out to refuse working and it gets approved. Your back story will not be known by Anyone mister or misses Mysterious. Unless you said so and so in this rp knows my character so they would know a bit about my past. No one is gonna look at you and go "OH my that's so and so and their past consists of them being a run away from a carnival of horrors where they got that scar going along their spine." Seriously people work on your back stories

there are more reasons than laziness for tbr.
You see A persons main character is special, hey want to relate to them, and as consequence that character is often them.
I am no exception and unless i'm doing something special, I always TBR. I TBR because my past sounds like something out of a fantasy novel anyway, and if you want to know my life story, i'll tell you when i'm damn well ready. To dream that I can fit my life story in anything less than a book is callous and ignorant.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:09:48 pm by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2014, 03:18:44 pm »
Alright you bickering toad toes, that's enough.   Just drop it where it stands.  If i see ether of you continue this argument, i'm calling in the brute squad.

That's not me screwing around, it's just my way of saying things, it doesn't mean i'm not serious.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2014, 04:17:17 pm »
Come on people, we need to stop the arguing! >:(

Opinions and passions are one thing, along with discussion, but the fierceness isn't going to solve much. At the end of the day, some RP's are fine to some, and not to others. It may be fairly subjective but i'm sure we all agree that the quality is lacking considerably, and some things need to be changed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:18:54 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »
Bear said it, i back it up.  Once again, lets just drop it where it stands.  If you two want to duke it out through PM, go on ahead, just stay off my lawn until you've simmered down.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2014, 08:10:46 pm »

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »
?? How did i bicker? I stated what i saw, used examples, then replied to statements. Whtwolf went all insane cursing which defeats defending self in an orderly why instead of looking to be well what he did.

-rolls on trenths grass-

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »
Gauthar, stop with this or i'll get the staff involved.

That's your only warning.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:05 pm »
Done with this
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:16:43 pm by Gauthar »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2014, 09:13:14 pm »
Good.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:22:36 pm by Trenyth »

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »
Although I'm not an Admin anymore, I will at least leave this link:
http://forums.furtopia.org/administerial-roars-and-woofs/taking-arguments-to-pm-%28private-message%29/

Staff Note:  Please do not backseat moderate.  If you have a problem with something one or more of the other members are doing,  please use the Report To Moderator button on the bottom right hand side of the offending post so that we can review it.

Thanks.  :)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2014, 10:47:42 pm »
I've Returned! After an unexpected problem with my internet and furtopia the problem has been resolved and as a result i have returned. Sorry for any problems it's caused.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2014, 11:11:12 pm »
I'm thinking about doing an Attack on Titan tribute RP.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2014, 11:04:07 pm »
After some thought, i've come to a decision.  The Pit Fights are officially canceled, probably permanently.  I don't think anyone will object to this anyway, but i just thought i'd let you know.

Oh yeah, also...

I'm back in the game.

I'll be taking part in more RPs for now on, instead of hanging back and plotting.

EDIT: A Disturbance on the Frontier is now a pair of 1 x 1 x 1s that will be taking place in the same world at the same time, but will not be crossing paths.  I hope you guys are fine with the storyline being guided, because i did far too much work on it for you to take a 90o turn and ignore it.  It will be worth the wait, i assure you.

I'm back in the game.
As far is this goes, it's more "i like to think that i am", than i actually am.
A load of bullshark.  In fact, i'm just going to say it plain as day: EVERYTHING i say is bullshark.  It's just a matter of if i decide to follow through or not.  More often not.  Look, just don't trust me to do anything, okay?  I'm as fish-faced as you'll ever see a guy, and i'm just not worth your time.

I want to leave this place right now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:42:53 pm by Tren »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »
that'd be cool Wise, I heard nothing but good but good about Attack on Titan.

On another note, I will require a little more time for Fading Hope Season 2. shouldn't be too much of a delay but I am roughing out some of the new systems i'll be implementing.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2014, 08:57:24 am »
I'm thinking about doing an Attack on Titan tribute RP.

I I'm literally as i type this, watching (well watching for the first time) AoT and i whole heartily second this rp idea
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2014, 06:06:07 pm »
Got eh question for all ye role-playin folk.  Out of all the RPs you've done, who are your favorite characters.  They don't have to be your own ether.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2014, 07:35:58 pm »
Got eh question for all ye role-playin folk.  Out of all the RPs you've done, who are your favorite characters.  They don't have to be your own ether.

I've always liked the characters Madame No (from Covens), as well as Xilef (from Covens as well by BlackRose13). I would probably have to add mu own character Naomi, T-Yoshi's character Izzy, Acheron's character Celera, and SeaOfWhispers' character Valarius. These characters seem to be the ones that stuck out to me. Not to mention BearGuy's character Bjorn.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2014, 10:59:45 pm »
Regarding favorite characters...My personal favorite from my line-up is Leilani although Izzy is a close second with her distinct style and caring for her sister. For other people's characters, For Wise it's a tie between Xavier and Aiden. For Furenzied Short is the one who sticks out most. For Sledge Prowl and Pounce they're like his signature characters in my eyes. Tren, probably my favorite from you would be Gnarko.

And on a side note, got a lot of good stuff cookin' for Fading Hope Season 2...gonna be a wild ride back to New Morsville!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2014, 12:37:12 am »
This is going to sound pretty selfish (and it probably is), but more of my favorite characters are my own.  It's not that i don't like everyone else's characters, it's just that i don't know them nearly as well.  So, to hide that, i'll mix them in with the others.  Of course, it won't do much considering i just told you that... but, heheh, yeah, here they are!

Jacques (SeaOfEvilness) was always entertaining, particularly during The Stone Quart.  I seriously busted up laughing over his puppetry show with a disembodied skull.  His scene in Kings and Queens where he is assigned as the chef was quite amusing as well.

Furry Saddles had some good characters.  I really liked James (Bear da Bear) and his personality.  The interactions with him and Jenzar (Somebody other than myself) went quite well i think, really.  That whole section was pretty awesome, really.  Then later, his confrontation with Meak  (Trenyth, not Tren) was well done (though it was cut short when the RP died)  And then Kyo's (Me) role in that was really good (until she was impaled to a bed by a giant sword, which had absolutely nothing to do with me.)  Really, that RP in general went well, much better than any other that i had been in before it.

So far i've found Shiva (Wise Guy) pretty funny.  Her nonchalance reminds me of Jerry Cabbage a little, and hyenas are awesome, so there's that too.  I never got to interact with him yet, but i really like Short (Furenzied).  He's just sorta... likeable, which is why i feel bad for him after all that happened regarding Zekal (Who i have nothing to do with.)  Speaking of him, he's not necessarily my favorite character of all time, he does have the most detailed (and tragic) past of any character i've created... so much so that i cried just writing it. Really, i think that Kings and Queens is going to be my favorite RP for a long time to come.

As much as i hate it, there were a few good things in the old pit fight RP(s)  One character i really liked was Erik (Furenzied, again.)  His abilities were so unique, and balanced just right so they weren't overpowered.  And then there was Iorek (Bears Bears Bears) who was pretty cool.  Then there was Slate (Totally not me) who i have decided is a designated DMing tool.  And of course, everyone's favorite, Temya (whom i never harmed in any way) and all the horrible things that came with her.

Tren, probably my favorite from you would be Gnarko.
I take offense to this. :P

Hmm... who else...

Ah, yes... Blight (Sledgehammer) was always pretty cool, after all, cannibals are pretty swell if you ask me.  Pounce and Prowl (That guy i just mentioned) are memorable too, if not only for the scene in Pit Fighting Season 2, where i tested out some ideas i had for psychological torment.  I probably would have broken Pounce had i not backed off a little, just to be nice.

Oh, yeah, Bark Starnfist (SMEEGE) is one of the most memorable characters of all time.  Oblivious, obnoxious, and always willing to help a fellow buddy.  Bark has a significant record when it comes to one-liners, and just quotes in general.  I'd put some up, but a few have some swearing (not excessive, but too much for the forums) and i'm lazy so there.  You'd have to be there to know em.

Probably more, but i'm getting bored writing this.  I'll come back to it later.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:02:56 am by Tren »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2014, 01:35:06 am »
Out of all my favorite characters I'd say my favorite was Doc...powerful enough to do whatever the hell I wanted, but not a bit of drive to use said power...until the future section of the RP, also very gender confused for a short time, and really flirty.

I really enjoyed T-yoshi's team fadeout

I loved sea as Jacques in For the republic

jack played by wise in legacy of 1000 stars was awesome (REBOOT PLEASE!)

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2014, 01:42:10 am »
So, as you can all see, Zombie Outbreak has failed to clear the runway... or even start its engines.  So, after looking back at all my past failings, i can reenforce the pattern i've picked up: I can't run an RP. The biggest problem has been starting the RP; after that they get at least five pages or so... but that hasn't happened in a long time.  Usualy i just give up, even when others think it shows promise. Only once did i complete an RP, and i look down on it with disgust, it was so poorly done. 

I have three projects at the moment, all of which are at a standstill.  One of them, A Disturbance on the Frontier, will happen eventually.  I have a 1 x 1 in the works, that i basically only need an opening post for, and i have something else that's under wraps.

As for Zombie Outbreak... well, it was meant to have a B-movie charm from the beginning, so it has a better chance of starting soon than the others.  Expect it sometime in your lifetime, maybe.

For the others, if they get here, they will be good, i assure you.  It's just a matter of when they get here.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2014, 02:27:43 am »
So, as you can all see, Zombie Outbreak has failed to clear the runway... or even start its engines.  So, after looking back at all my past failings, i can reenforce the pattern i've picked up: I can't run an RP. The biggest problem has been starting the RP; after that they get at least five pages or so... but that hasn't happened in a long time.  Usualy i just give up, even when others think it shows promise. Only once did i complete an RP, and i look down on it with disgust, it was so poorly done. 

I have three projects at the moment, all of which are at a standstill.  One of them, A Disturbance on the Frontier, will happen eventually.  I have a 1 x 1 in the works, that i basically only need an opening post for, and i have something else that's under wraps.

As for Zombie Outbreak... well, it was meant to have a B-movie charm from the beginning, so it has a better chance of starting soon than the others.  Expect it sometime in your lifetime, maybe.

For the others, if they get here, they will be good, i assure you.  It's just a matter of when they get here.

I never really took a hard look at it, i'm in three zombie apocalypse Rp's already

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2014, 10:52:29 pm »
alright people...need some input. I've currently got three RPs brewing that all seem really good to me. I wanna know what you guys want and it'll determine what I tuck my efforts into most.

without further adu...here are the choices!

Fading Hope: Season 2- The follow-up to my very first RP. This will feature a variety of new systems I've been also new will be a crafting system, No, no ridiculous weapons like a rocket-powered, chainsaw wheelchair but this will allow for more choices of weapons when the zed start closing in. Expect to see a new face or two...as well as some returning players in this Walking Dead-esque experience. New convoy and inventory systems to make scavenging and survivor management all the more tense.  Are you ready for the long ride back to New Morsville?

Character swap RP- This one's still in the development stage but I have settled on this playing like classic Resident Evil. An elite team of operatives are sent to investigate an old resort only to find more than they bargained for...Now down to half the team, whatever ammo you have, no phone service...you're on your own. Work together to survive!

Future military RP- Disregard for life, experiments to produce powers, genetic engineering...all the ingredients for a rather intriguing RP following the story of a group of soldiers who turned their powers against their creators. Action with a good dash of drama and stealth. Will rely on character development.