Author Topic: OOC RP discussion (Open for anyone to use)  (Read 29945 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: OOC RP discussion (Open for anyone to use)
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2013, 12:58:42 pm »
OMG I loved Heavy Rain!!! That game was amazing and so well done. I still have my origami crane the game has you make while it installs
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »
COME ON!! you know you want classic zombies! :D

@ Sledge; Yeah, that's sorta how i planned it would work. 
Here's the tally.

Something apocalyptic: 1

An investigation/crime scene sort of RP: 3

Pit fighting, Season 3: 1

Dun, dun dun, dun dun, dun dun. I'm so ready for that classic zambie!

And eww :v I hated heavy rain. Not for the story, that was great. I just hated how it was literally impossible to lose.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
I almost got the perfect play through, but it was a great game. I want to play Beyond Two Souls.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:42 am »
Jus a queek update on... stuff.

Weeell, when my laptop went kaploot a few days ago, i sorta lost my main means of working on the RPs, so that obviously slowed thingies down some bit. Diss may be a bit of a problem for awhile, but it's working NOW anyway, so we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, i DID get a good deal of work done for the pit fights, which is good.  Gotta new ground ruleset for you guys (and more importantly. for myself) that should keep things from going utterly out of controlsies. I also deed a bit of nogginraiding regarding the ol west RP, but i've decided to keep that one on the shelf for awhile.  Sooooo, judging by the votes, i get the feeling that i'm supposed to feel obligated to work on the X-Files/Bones/CSI sorta thing.  So yeah, i'll get a crackin on that when i can.  Got some ideas persploogin round all over, just need to nail em into the ground so i can work on em more.  Occasional updates will be given when possible.

Oh yeah, and i've bean feelin betterish physically the past weekish time-frame, so expect soom more productivity from me (As in going from one word an hour to about a sentence every 30 minutes.  Hey, it's still an improvement!)

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 07:02:25 pm »
Right, so i've already started collaborating with'a friend on the investigatory RP, so espect some news on that in the near future.  If anyone wants to PM me a char card for this one, go right ahead.  I'm not e'tirely sure for the specs on the characters, so don't spect immediate approval.  I'm also limiting it to 2 main characters.  Other people can join in. but'll be playing supporting roles, and may not be featured at all times.  I'm looking forward to gettin back to my role as puppet-mas- I-i-i mean DM... heh.

For those of you looking forward to the pits, i'll let you know that i have some pretty ambitious plans this time round, though not NEARLY to the extent as "A Disturbance on the Frontier."  I haves a new classification system for the various arenas, so espect to be in'a more traditional combat scenario, and less mirror-mazes and cursed, haunted towns full'a dead people (and the gratuitous amount of references to other RPs.)  Like d'uther one, you's free to PM me a char card at any time.

I'm looking forward to, erm, working, with you guys... eh heh...

UPDATE: 12/12/13

Gotten a fair deal of work done concerning my RPs, and a few other projects of mine that i'm sure would bore the heck out of you lot.

The investigatory RP is probably on hold , as i've had no real time to collaborate with my friend.

Pits Fights, Season 3 is chugging along smoothly, abet rather slowly.

A Disturbance on the Frontier is moving like molasses, but is technically still moving, so getting there little by little.

The Lowest Class has been dug back up and is finally getting some written work done for it.

Dug around in the data pile and recovered Adventure0001, a play-style story i started a long time ago.  Irrelevant to most of you.

New character list, fully fleshed out, more extensive, and better organized.  Once again, pretty irrelevant to the likes of you.

So yeah, that's the gist of it so far.  I'll cone back to update when i have any new significant progress.

UPDATE 12/26/13

No laptop, but my mind has been wondering like a hyperactive child in a industrial grade candy store.  That is to say, going nowhere at a breakneck pace.  If I could get this stuff written down in an efficient manner, I might ACTUALLY be getting somewhere with this stuff, but alas I am too lazy to use paper and pencil (if only for the difficulty of editing)

Still, i've gotten some stuff worked out in my head, relevant stuff too.  I have very much come to a sound conclusion regarding my RPs; quantity reduces quality.  The only two RPs that I've been thinking about are A Disturbance on the Frontier, and Season 3 of the pit fights.  To any of you who are waiting on another RP I may have had planned (pokemon RP, the lowest class) you're just gonna have to wait and hope (though there may be little merit to the hope part)

So anyway, what i'm trying to get at here is that IT COULD BE AWHILE before anything noteworthy comes along.

UPDATE: 1/12/2014

So, my laptop is back up.  The thing thats gonna happen first is Season 3, but yet again, i'm at a stump.  Guess who read over Furry Saddles for the 7th time?  Exactly.  That RP (was) awesome, and i wish i could somehow reproduce it in my own RP (as it's quite obvious that hardly anyone can manage a multi-man RP anymore.)  Problem is, since i can't trust anyone else to take charge, i have to do it myself, and if i do something, i'm gonna go whole hog on it.  Going whole hog takes time, as you can see i have nothing to show you from 4+ months of work.  I also fear that once i start the RP, people are going to lose interest, and my time will have been wasted.  what should i do?  Oh right, nobody cares, and i don't blame them.

Bottom line is, i'm still frustrated, and don't have enough motivation.  Good to know that some things never change.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:40:25 am by Trenyth »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2014, 03:11:06 am »
I have an idea for a system so that you don’t have to conform entirely to another person’s actions.  When you describe an action that effects another player-character, place multiple cutoff points in the action.

For example:
[Garbles walked over to Zerik. (C1) Zerik was in a very bad mood, as one of his friends was slain in a recent battle. Garbles spoke: “You know, you could always eat him” (C2) “He’s dead, and that meat ‘s goin to waste just putting it under the dirt” (C3) “You know, where I come from, people eat us all the time!  I see no problem with just takin a bite out of a guy when he walks past, ya know?” (C4) “So anyway, if you not gonna eat it, can I have it, I’m getting hungry.”]

At C1, Zerik could respond to Garble’s walking over to him.  At C2, the very thought of eating the dead, let alone one of his friends, could infuriate him, causing him to react.  If Zerik reacts at one of these cutoff points, all the dialogue past it would be irrelevant, since it would have never happened. If you had made this response without the ability to cut it off, you would force the other player to play their character in an unrealistic manner.  Granted, I know some people already cut others off during things like this, but I want a better system that will reduce the level of these pointless time-wasting arguments we seem to be so fond of. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to get this to work, but I think it’d be worth a try, or we could come up with a better system.

It's a bit complex, i know, but i feel that this is a problem that needs to be addressed; i don't care how we fix it, but it would be nice if we could come up with a solution.

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »
GENIUS!!! :)
I have an idea for a system so that you don’t have to conform entirely to another person’s actions.  When you describe an action that effects another player-character, place multiple cutoff points in the action.

For example:
[Garbles walked over to Zerik. (C1) Zerik was in a very bad mood, as one of his friends was slain in a recent battle. Garbles spoke: “You know, you could always eat him” (C2) “He’s dead, and that meat ‘s goin to waste just putting it under the dirt” (C3) “You know, where I come from, people eat us all the time!  I see no problem with just takin a bite out of a guy when he walks past, ya know?” (C4) “So anyway, if you not gonna eat it, can I have it, I’m getting hungry.”]

At C1, Zerik could respond to Garble’s walking over to him.  At C2, the very thought of eating the dead, let alone one of his friends, could infuriate him, causing him to react.  If Zerik reacts at one of these cutoff points, all the dialogue past it would be irrelevant, since it would have never happened. If you had made this response without the ability to cut it off, you would force the other player to play their character in an unrealistic manner.  Granted, I know some people already cut others off during things like this, but I want a better system that will reduce the level of these pointless time-wasting arguments we seem to be so fond of. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to get this to work, but I think it’d be worth a try, or we could come up with a better system.

It's a bit complex, i know, but i feel that this is a problem that needs to be addressed; i don't care how we fix it, but it would be nice if we could come up with a solution.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, WE HAVE TRENYTH EINSTEIN IN OUR MIDST!!!! Can I make this a rule for my rps?
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2014, 04:35:38 pm »
YUSS!  Someone likes something i did (and also, used this thread! :) )

And yes Sky, you can do whatever you want with it, always happy to help.  ;)

Offline megaman87

• Male
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2014, 07:04:44 pm »
Who wants to do an RP based on a comic book.

Offline megaman87

• Male
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2014, 03:53:12 pm »
I guess no one wants to.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2014, 03:54:59 pm »
You could try asking in PM.  As far as i can tell, nobody really cares much about what get posted here unless they post it themselves.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:05:02 pm by Trenyth »

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2014, 04:39:47 pm »
You could try asking in PM.  As far as i can tell, nobody really cares much about what get posted here unless they post it themselves.

Now now, let's not jump to conclusions ^-^

I'd be happy to if I managed to get some time together. :)
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

Now now, let's not jump to conclusions ^-^

I'd be happy to if I managed to get some time together. :)

But we must!

Offline megaman87

• Male
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2014, 07:25:16 pm »
Well, well else could we do?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:09 pm »
I've got an idea... how bout we start a short RP where we have to play as eachothers characters?  It'd be pretty fun, i think.  Anyone interested?
Throwing this one out there again, see if anyone is interested.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2014, 09:25:14 pm »
It would be a cool kind of experimental RP. Would produce some interesting results for sure.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2014, 01:51:44 pm »
Indeed... i've got my hands full right now, managing the pits and working on other projects, but if somebody else wanted to DM, i'd join.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2014, 11:17:20 pm »
Sooo.... I'm a bit... disgruntilafyed, if you could say that.  Let me cut to the chase; I'm considering taking a hiatus, but i'm on the fence.  So, here's my proposal: if you want me to stay, say so.  If i have three or more votes by the end of tomorrow, i'll stay.  Otherwise, i'll take a break from this madness, not sure for how long (though i assure you that i will come back.)

And another thing.

If i were to do what was essentially a single-player RP, would it go here, Furry Role-Playing, or to Furry Story Telling?

I'm hoping i can get an answer to this, because it could be quite relevant in the near future.  And yes, i have done many of these before i joined here.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:20:43 pm by Trenyth »

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2014, 12:01:03 am »
I'd prefer you stay, so many never return from a hiatus...
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2014, 12:11:40 am »
Yeah, why not stick around maybe just take it easy.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2014, 12:56:19 am »
I'd prefer you stay, so many never return from a hiatus...
Yeah, i know... like you.

Just kidding, but you wouldn't have to worry about that with me, seriously.  I'm not going to throw freaking MONTHS of work out the window.  It's not like i'm ever on any other site to RP, and none of my tangible friends have much interest in following me as DM; you're all i've got, and i'm not going to give that sort of thing up.  Even if i'm not reliable or good with time, organization, planning... or much of anything, if there's one thing i am, it's loyal.  I'd never ditch you people, for anything (Well... maybe a lifetime supply of ice cream...)

Even if i stay, don't expect me to be very active.  I've been getting alot of work done on my GLORIOUS character list, and i have a single-player RP in the works.  I'll do my best, but i have trouble with getting motivated.

Offline sarngier

• Species: Ethereal lion
  • Male
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2014, 02:49:29 am »
well if trenyth leaves i dont lose anything because i can RP with him in person, and if he stays thats possibly two times the RP SO TRENYTH I COMMAND YOU TO STAY!!!!
"Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within."
Read more at

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2014, 05:48:49 pm »
Blast; my friends care about me.  Grrr.... this is vexing; i'm not actually ABLE to follow though very well...  Fine, be that way; i'll keep wasting my time staring blankly at a screen wishing i could get my act together and post for my RPs.

But it is good to know that you people want me here, that means a lot to me, truly.

In other news, the character list is coming along well, and if i can keep going steadily at the current rate of progress, it should be done by the end of the month, maybe even earlier.

The 1 x 0 RP is starting to take shape, and i'm sure it will be thoroughly enjoyable for all the players that will take part.

Offline megaman87

• Male
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »
Anyone interested in a adult RP?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2014, 08:53:57 pm »
Anyone interested in a adult RP?

You're not going to get many players, mm. Most members can't access the adult section because of their age.
http://forums.furtopia.org/administerial-roars-and-woofs/access-to-adult-forums-on-furtopia/