Author Topic: Has anyone had a bad time?(undertale)  (Read 4329 times)

Offline thermisius

• Species: Goat monster
  • Monster for hire
  • Male
Has anyone had a bad time?(undertale)
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:11 pm »
I am just curious how many of you have had "a bad time" specifically a genocide run, cause I recently did and it was painful. of course try and avoid spoilers if you can :3
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:17:30 pm by thermisius »
stahf

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Has anyone had a bad time?(undertale)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:12:05 pm »
I am just curious how many of you have had "a bad time", cause I recently did and it was painful.

Since you mention the name Undertale in the thread title, I'm assuming you mean this game?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertale

When you talk about a "bad time", what exactly do you mean? If you want people to post in your thread, at least be more descriptive and specific about the things you want to discuss so others can give their opinions as well. In other words, the more info. you give about a subject, the more "discussion" there will be from other people. ;)

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:10:24 am »
I didn't get there because
Spoiler: show
I didn't want to do a genocide run
but I've seen it in videos and it looks reaaaally hard. Music is awesome though.

I am just curious how many of you have had "a bad time", cause I recently did and it was painful.

Since you mention the name Undertale in the thread title, I'm assuming you mean this game?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertale

When you talk about a "bad time", what exactly do you mean? If you want people to post in your thread, at least be more descriptive and specific about the things you want to discuss so others can give their opinions as well. In other words, the more info. you give about a subject, the more "discussion" there will be from other people. ;)
If he talks about it, he'll be talking about a major spoiler, how it is right now, there is no spoiler but if you've played the game and you got to the part he is talking about, you'll definately know what he is talking about. Everyone should play that game spoiler free, it's really good. If you wanna know what bad time means, click the spoiler.
Spoiler: show
You do a genocide run wich means you must kill everyone and then Sans will be the final boss and say you'll have a bad time and then you'll fight him, he's the final boss and he is super hard but has awesome music.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:12:01 am by Subzerus »
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:27:47 am »
I've only recently started playing it (as in, last night). I'm aiming to have a completely pacifist run first off :3

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:54:17 pm »
I've only recently started playing it (as in, last night). I'm aiming to have a completely pacifist run first off :3
Can't be done, pacifist can only be achieved after doing a normal one, for more info gogle it.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Loc

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 09:53:28 am »
Nah thanks, I want to avoid spoilers :P I'm still going to try and do it anyway, and cross any bridges when I come to them.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Rufure

• Species: Tanuki/Cat
  • professional yawner
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 01:17:44 pm »
This is a pretty belated reply, but... well, I was late to the Undertale party, cut me some slack. > ~ >

I myself did have a bad time... After doing pacifist I decided I wanted 'the full experience' or some nonsense and decided to run genocide... I regretted it. ; _ ;

Final fight took me about 30-40 tries. OTL

And regarding Subzerus's comment up above... You can run pacifist without having done neutral route no problem. i never did neutral and still got the true pacifist ending.
However after you run genocide, there's no going back... Unless you completely clear the game from your computer and reinstall, you can't get true pacifist again.

Truly a masterpiece of a game, in my opinion.
残念ながらSAFEでした
"Too bad, you got a safe."

°˖✧ Project Diva Addict ✧˖°

Hit me up for my Telegram/LINE/3DS Friend Code.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »
It's turned a year old a couple of days ago. Best RPG in years. Original, great music, and actually makes you think things and asks important questions about the nature of video games and the people who play them.

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 08:39:17 am »
Can't be done, pacifist can only be achieved after doing a normal one, for more info gogle it.

It can actually, but it's hard because there are a few things you can miss if you're not careful. Once you do qualify for the pacifist run of course, there is some extra stuff you have to go back and do before the final fight in order to lock it in.

Like everyone else I highly recommend playing the game if you haven't. Both looks and preconceived notions are highly misleading there, so you just have to try it.

I think I've played it about three times, just to make sure I got the full experience, and I've watched a couple playthroughs. That said, I did have a bad time... I already basically knew what it would mean, and that I would feel like a terrible person for doing the genocide route, but I heard some things about that run that sounded worthwhile. It took at least 60-70 tries to conquer the final battle, which included switching off with my younger siblings. xD

But yeah, definitely one of my top-10 favorite games - if not #1.
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 07:36:31 am »

I think I've played it about three times, just to make sure I got the full experience, and I've watched a couple playthroughs. That said, I did have a bad time... I already basically knew what it would mean, and that I would feel like a terrible person for doing the genocide route, but I heard some things about that run that sounded worthwhile. It took at least 60-70 tries to conquer the final battle, which included switching off with my younger siblings. xD

60-70! I'm on 176 and I'm still having a BAD TIME!! :'(

[/color]

You can though, like Holt5 said, but you cannot obtain that true ending the first time. That can only be done after the second play-through. But, chances are, you'll still kill for some HP...literally.
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Loc

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:51 am »
Chances are, I'm only going to play through this once. And I plan on doing it as peacefully as I can, because that's what I want to do, no matter how many times I'm told it won't be the right or proper way.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 11:59:56 am »
Chances are, I'm only going to play through this once. And I plan on doing it as peacefully as I can, because that's what I want to do, no matter how many times I'm told it won't be the right or proper way.

It's possible to get the best ending on your first playthrough as long as you've also made friends with all the characters that you can.