Author Topic: CAKE!  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
CAKE!
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:06:19 pm »
THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Or is it?

Anyway, to spark a little discussion in this forum, I was curious to ask what everyone's favorite type of cake is that they enjoy? How often do you eat cake? Do you like lots of frosting or just a little?

For myself, I love just about any type of chocolate cake. :) And I love lots of frosting too.  :-[ The least favorite cake I like is coconut cake.  :P I also tend to enjoy Angel Food cake with strawberries and strawberry sauce on top with whipped cream. YUM! :)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: CAKE!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:53:15 pm »
My fave was moms, she had a secret recipe for chocolate cake she took with her when she passed.

It was smooth and rich and soft, even if you tried to freeze it! :o
She'd make two layers and put chocolate frosting between each layer, then use a fork to poke holes in it while it was still hot so the frosting would melt and dribble inside it.

Best when served hot, it was the best cake I've ever eaten in my life. She gave me hints about how to make it, but I have yet to try it out.

So moms magic chocolate cake is my favorite.

My least favorite? Anything aside from regular chocolate or devils food. Nothing compares to those and so, taste awful.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:23:22 am »
Chocolate cake with frosting, carrot cake without frosting, and Australian tea cake.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:29 am »
CHEESE CAKE!!!!!!

*is getting some for his B-day tomarow, and is gonna eat the WHOLE thing in one sitting*

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline South Munjoy

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 02:21:04 am »
Sachertorte, also Chocolate Chambourd cake which is similar to Sachertorte, only being made with Raspberries instead of apricots. Also I like proper NY Cheesecake, and Chocolate Truffle cake.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:56:50 pm by South Munjoy »

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 12:46:33 pm »
Not often I am trying to lose weight and cake is a better treat than pie. I buy single serves and cut them in half and have half today and the other half tomorrow. I like German Chocolate or Carrot.

Offline Katra

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 10:59:33 pm »
Favorite: cheesecake or an upside down cake.

Least favorite: chocolate.
Richard Reid
Captain; webship Corwinda

Offline zyymurgy

• What do you mean, never heard of it?
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:03 pm »
Any cake that I bake on my own. :D I'm my own best fan, when it comes to cooking. I'll have to say, though, that pound cake of any kind is <3.
Let's see how long the clock will tick; minutes winding into hours before the muffled sound is consumed by the flies...

:D Go click my Pokemon! :D

Offline CiceroKit

• I'll get back to you on that
  • Female
    • My FA page
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 09:10:46 pm »
Lemon with lemon curd filling and mock whipped cream frosting.
Artist. Educator. Activist. Writer.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cicerokit/
Cicero Kit on Second Life

Being a furry artist is a sideline; I am a public relations professional by trade as well as adjunct faculty at two technical colleges in Wisconsin. I also freelance as a graphic designer and journalist and have had an editorial comic series published. Anything you want to know? Ask.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 11:35:02 pm »
Agreed that making it yourself does make it taste better, no matter what kind it is.  And I'm talking from scratch, no box mixes.  It's really not that complicated...

Anyhow, I love chocolate and raspberry, and especially the combination thereof.  So any cake with that combo would just rock my world.

Have also had a very delicious, unique cake once.  At a wedding. It was like a spice-chocolate cake, with chocolate icing between the layers.  The top and sides had cream cheese icing.  That was a good cake.

And the cake is, in fact, a lie. *looks around* I don't see any here...

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 12:16:49 pm »
CAKE! I love cake! ^^

And the cake wasn't a lie >.> (har har... I think I was watching too many portal music videos yesterday (I do as a matter of fact keep a youtube tab open in firefox linking to portal content) - I had a portal-esq dream... WITH CAKE!)

Anyways, yes, I love to make my own cakes, but I don't like having loads of frosting, since then its not a real cake, its just tons of sugar with some cake inside. I mean, I love sugar and all, but I DO have my limits. My favorite cakes would either have to be lemon, raspberry, or rum (no, this cake IS NOT an alcoholic cake, so yes, anyone can have some, it has rum flavor, but all the alcohol is boiled off in making the (small) amount of frosting.)

------------------------------
I've been trying to eat as little chocolate as possible, mostly out of respect for biological canids, who can't have any due to the presence of theobromides.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline rabbit_miko

• Female
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 01:48:48 pm »
yay cake! I just made this cake a few days ago: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=577255 it came out really good. :3 I love to bake, it's one of my favorite things to do.
<--click to feed