Author Topic: How long should i keep on my parcial suit?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Pokecosplayer23

How long should i keep on my parcial suit?
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:08:56 am »
So im going  to an anime  convention, i will  not  be getting  a hotel  and there is no headless lounge. This  ia making  me  nervous.  My suit  is  a parcial    (((Only  head  handpaws and feet)) do  you  know  how  hot i may  get, and  do you  know  anyway  for  me to take  my head  off without people  trying  to take  my photo  half  dressed?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: How long should i keep on my parcial suit?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:06:04 am »
Where is the anime convention at, and what will the weather be like at the convention? If it's going to be hot, sunny, and humid at all during the con, then you should wear the partial on and off throughout the day. Maybe 45 mins. to an hour on, then 30 mins. off.

But like I said, it all depends on outside weather and/or other environmental conditions inside any buildings you're at. The hottest part of a partial suit is going to be the head. Drink water and take breaks. It's not uncommon for other full or partial suiters at furry cons to walk around without their fursuit head on. I've seen it done many times. Some people simply can't get to a headless lounge so they'll take their head off and walk around for a while to cool off, or some people take the head off as it's easier to chat with others, or there could be other numerous reasons. If you need to take the head off and don't want people to see you or take your picture, then find a alcove or other secluded spot where you can dehead and rest.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:18:12 am »
like kobuk said it all depends on the weather. (lets just hope they dont have the heater on inside the building if its indoors)

if it is hot there and if you have time and you know what you are doing you could try to rig a mini fan into some par of the head (it might void the warranty depending on how its mounted, or it could grab your hair so be very careful with that) , or blow into the bottom of the head with the fan to help cool off. other than that bring lots of water (and straws) or just bring one of those water backpack things. might be a good idea to have a head band to keep sweat out of your eyes. if you plan on attending alot of cons it might be a good idea to buy a coolant vest.

iv never suited before but these seem like things to try

Offline Pokecosplayer23

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:25:11 am »
Thanks  to all who replied! This  helped  alot. Also  Kobuk the  convention  is in Atlanta  Georgia, so it will  be hot  and humid.taking  your  advice  into  consideration  there  are a few places  i can sit  without  being  seen. Ill take  30 to 40 minuet breaks  ^-^