Author Topic: Highschool Furries  (Read 40977 times)

Offline Sylvine Srevlis

• The cat among dogs. :)
  • Female
Re: Highschool Furries
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »
I am in 10th grade and homeschooled, but one of my public school friends recently joined me in my furriness. I also have two other homeschooled friends who have made fursonas to role-play with us, though I don't think they are comfortable with the idea of being considered furries. Most of my friends don't know I'm a furry, but it's not like I'm hiding it or anything (I don't know why anyone would, it's just a fandom like Anime or Star Trek or anything else, nothing to be ashamed of), it just never comes up and I see no reason to make a big deal out of it. If someone asks, I'll proudly tell them, but I doubt they even know or care what it is.  :D
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." - Owl City

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:50 pm »
I just found out today that there's a kid at my school that's also a furry, and a glowstringing raver no less. Just like me. I used to be friends with him, but then with school schedules, we sort of grew apart. I never knew he was a furry, always knew he was weird and liked glowsticks, but never a furry. I'm going to try and reconnect with him! :D
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2012, 12:32:55 pm »
the other students already think i am weird so wen i let the cat out
of the bag it didn't make much of a difference  :D

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2012, 06:31:17 am »
I'm that quiet, crazy kid in the corner that everyone just expects to say random crud on the topic at hand, and then squirrel herself away. Nobody, except the people that I tell, knows that I'm furry, and the people that I tell don't remember because I'm not a true hardcore lifestyler. :P Oh well, I guess that means that I don't get the short end of the stick?
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2012, 01:24:11 pm »
I'm going to high school next year too! I hope to find some other furs at my high school! I may, may not just have to keep my head held high.  :D
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2012, 12:01:29 pm »
I'm a senior next year and yet i have never found any furry friends :'(. Hopefully i'll find  some, but it's kinda hard with a uniform dress code. But i remain optimistic, because i have all of you guys at least.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »
@wanderer:  :( Man, we're in the same boat.... -fluffhugs-
Hey, I have a DA:

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »
Actually, even without mandatory uniforms, its still hard to spot another furry. Firstly, most of them dont necessarily walk around with a phipaw on their forehead. There are several girls at my school that wear tails, but most if not all of them just wear them because they are "cute." None if any are actually furries. I know of one furry guy at my school, but thats because he is so open about not only his furriness, but also his bisexuality. For the most part, I dont think any bullies go near him because he is unaffected by them and, to be honest, I think he makes them uncomfortable. :P So, I dont think its that easy anyways to find a furry because tails are now becoming less of a furry thing, and more of a general fashion statement, like a necklace of sorts. And I know of noone who wheres a collar because our disciplinary guy told some girl it could be used as a weapon against her in the case of a fight. Really....? I found that stupid, but whatever, now no one wears a collar anymore....
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2012, 03:05:58 pm »
Actually, even without mandatory uniforms, its still hard to spot another furry. Firstly, most of them dont necessarily walk around with a phipaw on their forehead. There are several girls at my school that wear tails, but most if not all of them just wear them because they are "cute." None if any are actually furries. I know of one furry guy at my school, but thats because he is so open about not only his furriness, but also his bisexuality. For the most part, I dont think any bullies go near him because he is unaffected by them and, to be honest, I think he makes them uncomfortable. :P So, I dont think its that easy anyways to find a furry because tails are now becoming less of a furry thing, and more of a general fashion statement, like a necklace of sorts. And I know of noone who wheres a collar because our disciplinary guy told some girl it could be used as a weapon against her in the case of a fight. Really....? I found that stupid, but whatever, now no one wears a collar anymore....

-shrugs- not allowed to wear any of that stuff in the first place, or else I get put in in school suspension until I have a change of cloths. And I really havn't met anyone with.... oh, how do I say... a "Furry vibe" to them. :/
Hey, I have a DA:

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2012, 03:20:04 pm »
Hey, at least school's out or about to be out for most of us, right?!

Offline ArticShadow

• Female
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »
Hey, at least school's out or about to be out for most of us, right?!

Right!!! :D :D :D :) :)
Icon done by FluffyFennecx3 off FA.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »
I am done in a week and I cannot possibly be more excited to get out of the hellhole that is my high school forever.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »
-applaud- Congrats, graduate! 8)
Hey, I have a DA:

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »
I've got my last week of freshman year this week  :P :P erg....Know two furs, and they're ones I introduced the fandom to  :D
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2012, 03:53:03 pm »
In my sophmore year (I'm a junior), I wrote two "A" worthy essays on furries and I got my English teacher interested in being a furry. Now she's one of the few people who understands why I wear my tail :D

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2012, 05:09:47 pm »
Im going to highschool next year i finally will be able to wear furry related stuff! my middle school had dress code =/ but i plan on customizing my plain white shirt to be furry so thatll be cool. :)
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »
I am out of school for summer now, and next year will be Senior of high school. I am excited to get this thing over with and move on to college. ;)

PLUR

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »
Well then. I'm done. (I actually graduated 2 weeks ago, but) I'm finished :)

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:27 pm »
FINALLY fully done with sophomore year!
Hey, I have a DA:

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2012, 01:07:41 am »
LETS HEAR IT FOR THE GRADUATES OF 2012!!!!

*creates loud and bright fireworks effects*

In my sophmore year (I'm a junior), I wrote two "A" worthy essays on furries and I got my English teacher interested in being a furry. Now she's one of the few people who understands why I wear my tail :D
EPIC
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2012, 01:11:27 am »
2013 here... apparently I will die before I graduate. Imma be so mad if I dont make i past 12/21/12!  :goldpissed:

PLUR

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2012, 01:13:54 am »
Hey, you know the Mayans probably were lazy, knowing that if the time came around for that yer, they'd make another one... plus the darn Spaniards interrupted them...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:58 am »
you know what, other than you, I have yet to hear someone say that. The Spaniards did come in and wipe them out. Did anyone ever think that maybe they were all killed before they could continue it any farther? Hmm...what a though!

Anyways, ya I don't think the world is gonna end, and I am excited to finish high school, get through college, and move on with my life finally.

PLUR

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »
class of 2016! :D fail
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline SilentCicada

• Species: Monster
  • Male
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:33 pm »
I just graduated.  There were 64 students in my graduating class.  Throughout the whole high school I managed to convert five of my friends into furs.  We're a small town that never gets any more cultured than shoveling cow crap, so no one really knew what it was.  It made it easier to leave a good impression.
I make ambient and noise music: http://nickshutter.bandcamp.com/

Weasyl (not adults-only):
https://www.weasyl.com/profile/silentcicada