community group sub-forums > anime

Sub vs Dub

(1/3) > >>

Ickyrus:
Which is more popular amongst you types?
Personally I prefer subbed, I find the voices fit with the characters much better on most occasions. Although it can all be ruined by poor translation, but I haven't had too much of a problem with that.

Alsek:
I actually tend to prefer dubbed.  It may just be that the few anime i've watched it was better,  but there's a lot more expression in the voices...   But then again,  I've heard the dub versions of some anime are absolutely terrible...

Storm Fox:
I usually try to see both…

I like the original unchanged Japanese versions, though I find it harder to follow the story and watch the animation.
(it‘s the television equivalent of driving stick, you get more out of it, but you really can’t relax in the same way.)

Where as with the English dubs, I’m able to sit back and enjoy the show more, but it may not be entirely true to the original.

…I guess I prefer dubs 60/40 over subs, although, if I can get a better understanding of the language, I may be able to watch them raw,
Though I’m not quite there yet.

Ziel:
I was introduced to anime through a friend in college who always watched subbed, never dubbed. I grew used to that, and just generally feel like it fits better than subbed. It did take some time adjusting to be able to catch both the action and the subs, but you get used to it. I'm at the point now where I can just glance down at the subs real quick, or sometimes (especially when the pace is a little more relaxed) just kinda stare at the screen and take it all in at once, including the subtitles.

I just feel like the dubs hardly ever fit the characters as well as the original voices.

Kobuk:
For me, I generally prefer dubbing if possible. But I'll watch either. It really depends on the series as well as how good things are translated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version