general furry discussion > general furry discussion

Happy news for this fur

(1/3) > >>

Drake Blackpaw:
Well I guess this isn't really furry, but I thought I'd share my good news with everyone.

Monday I handed in my resignation for the company I currently work for, and July 7th I start a new job with better benefits and 10 more days of vacation time.  

My old job had no work that was local, and I was being asked to take an assignment that was 100% travel to Detriot for the next six months.  It would have been difficult for me to work on my music and writing with that type of work schedule.  The new job keeps my local.

It's funny, I wasn't actively hunting for a new job.  I got angry at work one day 3 or 4 months ago and went out to a nearby Starbucks to blow off some steam.  While I was there, I ran into someone who supervised me for a couple of months about 8 years ago.  We exchanged business cards, and several months later I'm going to be working in the division he runs.  The interview was the easiest I ever had.  It basically was, "well, what would you like to do? .... "Hey, we got a position open that fits that exactly.  If we offer you a job are you going to take it?  ...  Good, I'll have HR contact you and start negotiations."

I'm leaving my current job on good terms, and been told I can come back.  Since I didn't have any active assignments, they told me I can stay home for the next two weeks as long as I remain available by phone.

A very happy Drake

Jadnar:
Cool! Thats perhaps one of the smoothest job transfers I've seen. My dad has gone through a few rough ones, which I won't go into here, and so I can see the signifigance if it all.

Congrats ^_^

Manethran:
That is great my friend. Very smooth transition and the ability to return on good terms if the need arises.

Decession:
Wow, that's really great! It's pretty lucky that you have the option of returning if needed. Hopefully you like your new job much more than your old.

grasper:
Quote (Jadnar @ June 19 2003, 10:02 am)Cool! Thats perhaps one of the smoothest job transfers I've seen. My dad has gone through a few rough ones, which I won't go into here, and so I can see the signifigance if it all.

Congrats ^_^
My dad recently lost his job, at a place he had ben vorking for over 15 years. He diddnt recive any extra time to find a new one or anything...they just said get out of here basically. I think that is pretty rediclous. He was dooing predigm(sp?)(he is a lawyer) work for a bit when he was unemployed but he found a new job and he likes it more then his old one, plus its much closer to our house, so i guess things turned out alright.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version