not-so-furry discussion > debate forum

Gun control.

<< < (2/11) > >>

Natura Wolf:
Yeah I had a skim through.
Hunting is the same as killing, only difference is what you are targeting, and protection is the threat to wound or kill.  that leaves target practice.

Also ONE guy disclaims UK and Japan but only explains Japan not both, and some of the issues of Japan I daresay exist in USA.

Do you need to get shot before you see guns as a threat, cause other peoples deaths don't seem to work.  Guns don't just kill, they can kill multiply with great speed.  ratio of 1 guy to 50 deaths.

All your link specifies that America couldn't change to Switzerland or other foreign gun policies

Amducious:
Just the fact that gun control doesn't fix anything maybe some things. But the person who suffers the most from gun control is a law abiding citizen. The criminal can still get guns and the citizens have nothing to defend themselves with.

Also you can still buy supplies to make a bomb. A criminal is going to find any way to kill someone even if guns are completely banned. Chemical or biowarfare would kill more than guns.

Natura Wolf:

--- Quote from: Amducious on June 14, 2016, 10:19:25 am ---Just the fact that gun control doesn't fix anything maybe some things. But the person who suffers the most from gun control is a law abiding citizen. The criminal can still get guns and the citizens have nothing to defend themselves with.

--- End quote ---

On behalf of the law abiding citizens of the UK I say no.  They hasn't been any gun crime to this extreme in UK for some time, EVEN THE LONDON RIOT didn't have that much gun use in it, with guns it would of been a blood shed.
Austerity, yes, gun crimes, no.

But if your argument that because your neighbour has one or someone else has one you should have on well then I would like a nuclear bomb, because others have one, it'll protect my family when i set it off and hide in my shelter far away form the explosion.

--- Quote from: Amducious on June 14, 2016, 10:19:25 am ---Also you can still buy supplies to make a bomb. A criminal is going to find any way to kill someone even if guns are completely banned. Chemical or biowarfare would kill more than guns.

--- End quote ---

You have to make it, it's presupplied nor legal.

To be honest if there is a rise in gun crimes in gun controlled areas its because other areas allow it.  How was it now when America sneezes the world feels the cold?  If you allow guns to go around willy nilly then anyone can get one, like drugs, like anything it only has to be legal somewhere for it to be spreadable, and with America having families with private arsenals well yeah it can impact the world.

But your argument, or at least one of them is you wanna hold a gun so you can look dangerous if you need to, shoot animals and maybe do some target practice as sports.  Whenever a shooting like this happens it's not just the people are forever dead, which they are btw, completely gone.  But it's then the family and friends who find out, it's then further people terrified that they have lost family and friends, then its the section of the region that suddenly doesn't feel safe, and then arguments only due to fears and anger of what has just happened.  All of this, REPEATEDLY, from mass murders caused by guns that were either legally or easily gained, because lets be honest here, when a gun is in every household, a gun is suddenly accessible, not just to anyone living there, but the theieves and muggers you preached you needed the gun for.  All of this from mass murders of gun crime.

And instead of having some decency or decorum for the people who have suffered throughout this world you just want to protect the guns because they are the ones will will suffer, some dead metallic object. 

Foxpup:
But gun crime, specifically, isn't the threat. The threat is criminals, who aren't actually helped by guns as much as you seem to think. Knives of all varieties are readily available (and how are you going to make dinner in a society where they aren't?), and a typical hardware store can supply all the parts and chemicals needed to build effective pipebombs. I'd advise against sourcing poisons from a hardware store, though; they only stock the less potent ones (though they're still useful for terrorists - noxious fumes are great for forcing the evacuation of entire buildings). But in case buying toxic chemicals will arouse suspicion, I know a great recipe for Molotov cocktails. These drinks have always been popular among the more rebellious crowd. Or if you want to keep things simple, try a good old baseball bat - it's America's national bludgeon! Really, who need guns to kill people when you've got all these options?

I'll tell you who: law-abiding citizens, who need to defend themselves with something a little less indiscriminate than bombs, and may be lacking the physical strength needed to effectively employ knives and clubs. Of all the weapons used by criminals, only guns can also be used to effectively defend against them. "God made men, Colt made them equal."

Natura Wolf:
If thats the case then by God, when Donald Trump is elected, i'm sure you'll have all the guns you want, and be happy for it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version