not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

The Milsurp Thread

<< < (2/6) > >>

Rocket T. Coyote:
I have a small collection of military compasses. These include  Cold War era East German, Polish, Czech, Russian, and IDF examples. I think the IDF has Tritium ampules which glow in the dark to facilitate night time navigation.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Just bought a case of instant cold packs for $16-$17 with free shipping ($49 total purchase). Also bought a gore-tex parka shell that goes with the current CAP uniform.

Jade Sinapu:

--- Quote from: Rocket T. Coyote on August 12, 2021, 09:55:29 pm ---...I  think the IDF has Tritium ampules which glow in the dark to facilitate night time navigation.

--- End quote ---

Ahh, I guess mine was just glow in the dark then.  I never really knew.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Picked up a hexagonal M1950 army tent many years ago but getting very little use out to it in recent years as no one wants to ''rough it" anymore as everyone seems to have campers. Has a stove jack and sleeps four with or without cots. Wish I'd bought the arctic liner that goes with it. I keep it in a nylon parachute bag designed for B-52 braking 'chutes.

Also bought a potbelly stove set that came coated in cosmoline preservative. Used WD40 to clean it off. Never used it camping though. Added a Yukon stove to the collection. It's experienced condition but complete. Even have a fuel oil conversion burner unit that works in either stove. No winter camping anymore--<sigh>

Firelight:
Nope. There are none where I live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version