general furry discussion > furries on furry

What are "woke" furries?

(1/2) > >>

Jade Sinapu:
WOOF!
Big fuzzy clumsy dog here!  (mind the drool, I haven't eaten yet)

A local Telegram Furry group here has apparently fallen apart, and several blame "woke" furries.  I googled that term, and I am not 100% sure how it applies to furry.  The organizer we had was outcast because of these woke furries, and now there is no one running the show, so this means nothing is happening.  I guess by "woke" people really mean awake, like they finally became awake aka they awoke, or had an awakening.  I find it silly and also sort of uneducated to say "woke", it just sounds stupid.  These people are apparently another name for social justice warriors.  But apparently, they are very extreme and dragging everything into the group chat, and not staying on topic furry wise. 

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Kobuk:
More information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woke

Jade Sinapu:
Well....seems I should just stay out of all of this.  Thanks Kobuk.

Not being against most if any of the things, these "woke" persons are for, I will be seen as bad anyway because I want to ask questions about and of the topic.  I would mildly debate things about this topic.  I get the strong feeling that I would be unwelcome. 

As for the Telegram group, it is almost dead.  How can a group of people who are so geared towards "doing the right thing", be so adamant that our furry group leader on telegram be a bad person, and cause him to leave, and also not replace them with anyone, and let the group die?  They seem like hypocrites.  They killed a good thing.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try.  I think I will just go away, it is easier. 

Simo:

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on March 29, 2022, 05:25:09 pm ---Well....seems I should just stay out of all of this.  Thanks Kobuk.

Not being against most if any of the things, these "woke" persons are for, I will be seen as bad anyway because I want to ask questions about and of the topic.  I would mildly debate things about this topic.  I get the strong feeling that I would be unwelcome. 

As for the Telegram group, it is almost dead.  How can a group of people who are so geared towards "doing the right thing", be so adamant that our furry group leader on telegram be a bad person, and cause him to leave, and also not replace them with anyone, and let the group die?  They seem like hypocrites.  They killed a good thing.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try.  I think I will just go away, it is easier.

--- End quote ---

You're not allowed to ask questions. Questions lead to critical thinking, and all that will do is get you into trouble. Don't do it. Blind, unthinking, obediance is the only way to go.  :D

BlueStreak:
"Woke" furries are just the latest excuse that rude people use for why they get kicked out of things. There's a new one every couple of years, but notice how it's always everybody's fault but theirs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version