general furry discussion > convention talk

Feral

(1/8) > >>

Lascivus_Lutra:
Since allowing my Con plans to get totally wiped out this year I have decided to make a plan for insuring I get to a Con or 2 next year.

Of course, I will be attending Morphicon next year.  It is driving me crazy that I didn't make it this year and have yet to meet (in RL) many of the furiends I have discovered this past year.  I am thinking hard about AC, because it is so big and increases the chances of meeting some of the other furs from Furtopia.

Yesterday I visited the Feral website.  Being that I LOVE the outdoors this looks like one I would really have a great time at.

Which leads to my big question.  Has anyfur been there and how did you like it?

Party Pony:
My mate was a guest at the first Feral.  

She had a GREAT time!  Even though that was several years ago, she still talks of it.  It sounds great.  Wish we could go together one year.  Am sure you'll have a good time.

Benjamin:
I used to help organise the event, so I may be a bit biased...

It's pretty fun. You get out of it what you put into it, of course. Some people attended in order to enjoy the workshops, and others were there simply to do some outdoorsy type stuff. It's not a con that appeals to everyfur, since it seems like most demand the standard creature comforts that come along with hotel conventions... but Feral! is a fun adventure unto itself.

And yeah, Cataroo was there during Feral!'s first year... 1998. She did some workshops for the event... as did I. Arowhon's a gorgeous venue, but it's difficult to book it each year and it seems they can only get it every once in a while. They'll be looking into finding a different venue once again for next year. I'm sure she had raved a fair bit about the beautiful site and the fabulous cooking that they had done there.

I hear that Feral! went very well last year. It's had it's ups and downs, but mostly ups. Most furs enjoy it greatly. If you enjoy the outdoors and would like to meet some fellow furs amongst those great outdoors, then Feral! could be a very fun event for you. It's a very unique event still, despite some furry camping events cropping up across the continent. Feral! still retains the summer camp atmosphere, which is mostly unheard of elsewhere in the fandom.

I'm not really sure what else to say about it. I haven't been for a few years, so my data's a bit dated.

Benjamin

Lascivus_Lutra:
Thanks for the info.  I also read some more of the Con Reports from the scrapbook.  Arowhon looks like a wonderful place although I won't be able to make it to Feral! till next year.  

Benjamin, having worked on the staff, can you tell me the other places they have held Feral!?  Also, how soon after this years gathering will they pick a site for next year?  Well that probably doesn't matter to much, I really want to go.

Heh, the food good or bad doesn't bother me.  After my time in the Marines I have learned that I can make just about anything taste better with a little work.  

*looks around for his Tabasco*

crash-clash:
omg... i've had dreams about going to Feral! ever since i laid eyes on the scrapbook on the site...

i'm going there the moment i can get myself to learn how to drive!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version