Author Topic: Zielmann signing out.  (Read 28026 times)

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Zielmann signing out.
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:54:36 pm »
*stands on top of a small mound of dirt*
I claim this thread in the name of... me!
*shoves flag in said dirt mount*

Now that that's over with... umm... huh.

I guess a very brief intro may be in order. I joined here (and the fandom) in the summer of 2009. This has really been the only place where I've been active at all, and even here I tend to be a bit of a lurker. I am on the IRC fairly often. Outside the fandom, I'm an electrical engineer, currently working on a contract at a major US automaker. I'm an avid tennis player, though I haven't been able to play much lately. Same goes for the cello, too. I spend most of my time outside of work playing League of Legends with my friends from college. Because I'm just that cool. Or something. Oh right, I'm also a bit of a Brony, as should be fairly obvious with my participation in the MLP sub-forum.

So yeah, that about covers it for now. Ask questions if you've got 'em.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:00:34 pm by Ziel »

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
Re: Zielmann checking in!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 11:49:47 pm »
Hey, I already claimed this pile of dirt in the name of Pegasopolis!  ;)

So, questions... Would you rather bite into a chocolate chip cookie and find out it's actually raisins or have to eat cookies (chocolate chip or otherwise) without milk?
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:57:50 pm »
Hey, I already claimed this pile of dirt in the name of Pegasopolis!  ;)

So, questions... Would you rather bite into a chocolate chip cookie and find out it's actually raisins or have to eat cookies (chocolate chip or otherwise) without milk?

Tough call, though I wouldn't really be disappointed either way. I like oatmeal-raisin cookies, so that wouldn't be a huge loss. And I love milk, but I don't really need it to eat cookies. I guess it would depend on how badly I really wanted that chocolate chip cookie :D

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:20 am »
Sorry I’ve got no questions for you…

Just stopping by to say hello. (: :)
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 01:45:31 am »
Hai Ziel!  ^_^

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:45 am »
...I somehow missed your thread...

...Hi! (*procures homemade fudge and offers as a gift*)
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:35 pm »
...I somehow missed your thread...

...Hi! (*procures homemade fudge and offers as a gift*)

Ooh, fudge! Bonus points if it's chocolate with peanut butter swirls!

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:58:42 am »

It's chocolate and peanut butter flavored, but no swirls.  Sorry!
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:43:22 am »

It's chocolate and peanut butter flavored, but no swirls.  Sorry!

I guess it's fine, as long as it is peanut butter and chocolate. But you gotta think of the presentation! Swirls are pretty, fancy, and somewhat random. Layers are a good option if you prefer a more geometric style. A bit less fancy, but very modern and still stylish.

Hmm... now you have me over-thinking... wonder if I could braid ropes of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and peanut butter fudge together. Ooh! Or chocolate, white chocolate, and mint... It sounds like a complete mess to try to work with it, but if you can keep the fudge the right temperature, it should hold together well enough to do this without being too messy...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »
A catering business I used to work for long, long ago made chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting on top of them. They were absolutely delicious!  :) I so wish I had some right now. :(

And.........

*stands on top of a small mound of dirt*
I claim this thread in the name of... me!
*shoves flag in said dirt mount*

Did you pay the $7,500 to the staff for a building permit for this thread?  >:(

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 12:28:37 pm »
I get to take a business trip for the rest of the week! Heading out in the Chicago direction, to Rockford.
I know several people here out that way, and was hoping there might be the slim chance of getting to meet with one or two. But alas, it seems my schedule will be pretty full for the time I'm there. Which also means I won't have much access to the internets either, until I'm back here on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 04:28:56 pm »
What a year it has been. The 21st was my 24th birthday, and I kinda decided I wanted to write out some of the more major (and a few minor) events and happenings from the past year for me. So... here goes!

Last April, I had just started this new job. So I guess you could say I just completed the first year of my life as a working member of society. It's rather surreal to me, given that in no way do I feel old enough to be an independent adult XD. The contract was originally just for 1 year, and from the get-go I never really liked the job at all. So my plan was to work a few months and then begin looking for something else to move to. Well, long story short (don't want to dwell on work too long), haven't hit that other thing yet, but my contract is extended so I'm still working here for now, and still looking for that other job. For a couple months now, one of my best friends from college has been trying to get me an interview with the company he works for. I did a preliminary phone screen, and just when they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview, the company went on a temporary hiring freeze. And they're still in it. From what my friend says, his boss still wants to get me in for an interview, but there's no telling at this point how long they'll be under the freeze.

Moving away from that topic, a couple major things happened in June. First, I'll jump back to that friend of mine I mentioned above. In June, he got married (his wife is another great friend of mine), and not long before this was when he got that job of his, and moved out to North Carolina. So I got to be in their wedding, which was a good time. We were such an awkard wedding party, it was awesome.  The other big thing in June was that another great friend of mine suggested I watch this show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I chuckled a bit, but he knows I enjoy cute things, and I trusted him on it. I ended up taking in the whole first season in a matter of days.

The next few months were pretty uneventful. I did take a trip down to North Carolina to help those friends move out of their apartment (they bought a house).

Fast forward to January to some slightly unfortunate news. One of my great uncles passed away. He was 61, but also had Downs. So quite frankly, it was a miracle he even lived as long as he did with his condition. On a more positive note, I got to go to the Detroit Auto Show, which is something I had wanted to do for a while now. And then, of course, in late January I accepted this job as Watcher for the forums.

February, I got to go on a business trip for a week to Arizona. Even though it was technically work, it was a much needed break from being in the office all day. And around this time, I also found a local Brony forum and consequently a meetup in my general area. This was the first time I really spent time with people in the area outside work. And first time I've ever met face-to-face with somebody I met on the internet first. It may sound lame, but that was a big step in accepting my current existence here, no matter how much I would rather be somewhere else.

Then March was pretty quiet, except that at the end of the month, those friends who got married had their first baby. I still haven't gotten to see him in person yet, but I'll meet him a few weeks from now.

And now we're up to this month. Did my taxes, I'm renewing my apartment lease, and work is busy as ever. I can hardly believe I've been up here for a year now. I've grown a lot through the course of this year, but I still don't feel like I'm 24. And there are a lot of things I still want/need to do. But I've got all my time ahead of me to do those things.

Thanks anybody who took the time to read through my ramblings. But if nobody reads it, I don't care. I put this down as much for myself as I did to share it. It was just something I wanted to do.

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 03:51:39 pm »
Actually, sounds like things are good.  :)  Just keep it going. It would be great to see you at a convention, maybe MFF in November!  8)
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:17 pm »
It would be great to see you at a convention, maybe MFF in November!  8)

I would like to second this (pending, of course, practical considerations on your end).
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 05:10:45 pm »
It would be great to see you at a convention, maybe MFF in November!  8)
I would like to second this (pending, of course, practical considerations on your end).

November, huh. Actually, I think I already randomly have the 16th off work as a corporate holiday. This may be doable. Won't be able to make any calls on this yet, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 11:42:46 pm »
Just got back from another work trip, this time to Massachusetts. Woot?

Trip there was a disaster. Cancelled flight, changed to different airline to a flight that was 1.5 hours later than I was supposed to leave originally, that flight got delayed about an hour...

At least the trip back here was fairly smooth, though it was a two-parter with a layover between.  And I also up and bought a laptop so I could have internet access to keep me busy at the airports and hotels... definitely worth it.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 12:51:59 am »
Yay Massachusetts.   ;)
Glad your trip home was well at least...f

Where in Massachusetts did you go?

The plant was in Lowell, and I stayed in Chelmsford. They're basically mid-way between Boston and Manchester NH. Which is why I tried to fly into/out of Manchester. Unfortunately, I had to fly into Boston instead on the way there. Flight out didn't change though, so I still got to leave through Manchester. Much better/easier experience there than at Boston.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »
 :o I didn't know you played cello! :D 8) -sits down with hers- we need to do something epic~!
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 11:14:48 pm »
:o I didn't know you played cello! :D 8) -sits down with hers- we need to do something epic~!

To say that I 'play cello' may be a bit of an overstatement anymore. They say I used to be fairly decent at it (I'm far too critical of myself to give a valid assessment). But since high school, I've pretty much only played at church, and then was convinced by a friend to join the orchestra in college in my senior year. Despite basically 3 years without playing any real music, or at least anything particularly difficult, I still made 3rd chair. Not terrible I suppose. But since college, I haven't really done anything more than just get it out and mess around now and again. I need some actual music to play...

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »
Well, I mentioned something about it in passing in the 'car freaks' thread. But, well, this happened faster than I expected. Lots of things came together at just the right time that I could pull the trigger on the new car. I just brought it home today! It's really blasted hot out, but I ran out and snagged a quick shot of it. Large image is large, so have a boring old link instead:
http://i.imgur.com/uEkok.jpg
Ugh. Webshots and this site hate to cooperate. Gimme a sec.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:58:58 pm by Ziel »

Offline Mylo

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:39 am »
Cool car Ziel!   8) 

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »
Nice! Now you have no excuse for not road tripping to cons! LOL :D
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Mylo

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 12:15:00 pm »
*notices testtesttest thread in Active Topics with your name on it*

Congratulations Ziel! :)

*tosses virtual tennis ball of congrats to Ziel*

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »
*notices testtesttest thread in Active Topics with your name on it*

Congratulations Ziel! :)

*tosses virtual tennis ball of congrats to Ziel*

*chases down the ball, grabs his racquets, darts back and nudges Mylo*
O.O

Thanks ^^

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 05:17:44 pm »
Congratulations on your promotion Ziel. :)
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#