Author Topic: Pokemon fursuit idea  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Pokecosplayer23

Pokemon fursuit idea
« on: July 25, 2015, 09:57:17 pm »
Hello! My name  is natalia  im new  to the  world  of fursuiting, i have  done  alot  of research  on how  to create  a lugia  cosplay. Im just  wondering  does  anyone  know  how  much creating  fursuits  cost? Also  any  tips  or tricks  will help. ((Im very  sorry  if this  is in the  wrong  post im new  to fourms))

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
Re: Pokemon fursuit idea
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:56 pm »
Hello! My name  is natalia  im new  to the  world  of fursuiting, i have  done  alot  of research  on how  to create  a lugia  cosplay. Im just  wondering  does  anyone  know  how  much creating  fursuits  cost? Also  any  tips  or tricks  will help. ((Im very  sorry  if this  is in the  wrong  post im new  to fourms))

And somehow being new means being unable to read forum descriptions?

I'm not so sure on the cost of a fursuit as I'm sure the price can vary based on materials used, quality of said materials, not to mention the cost of the length of material.

I think Kobuk has a guide on how to go about commissioning a fursuit. Dqmot.
Every now and then...

Offline Pokecosplayer23

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:15 pm »
I can read  fourm  descriptions, I  tried  to  choose  what  would make  most  sense  out  of all the  fourms, i just  said  sorry  in advance  incase  i posted  something  on the  wrong  place. Also  thanks  for  the  advice  you  have  given  me  ill check  at stores  for  the  foam  costs 

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 10:28:05 pm »
I can read  fourm  descriptions, I  tried  to  choose  what  would make  most  sense  out  of all the  fourms, i just  said  sorry  in advance  incase  i posted  something  on the  wrong  place. Also  thanks  for  the  advice  you  have  given  me  ill check  at stores  for  the  foam  costs

Yes, but the thing is... This forum was right on the forums front page, not to mention this idea and forum go together.

Foam? Never made a suit so I'll let you explain on that one.

I think you might be able to buy tails and suit parts online too, but I don't know of any and from what I understand the high quality faux fur might be costly.

Either way, good luck on your venture and be sure to show us the final product, I'll ask my friend (also a furry) if she can give any first time advice, but I'm sure someone will beat me to the punch.
Every now and then...

Offline Pokecosplayer23

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:34:01 pm »
Ah i can  explain  the  foam. Its normally  what's used  to create  the skeleton  or base  of suits. Also  i would  love any  advice  that  your  friend  can give  me ^-^, im sorry  if i seem  or come  off as rude  i worry  about  that  alot 

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:53:25 pm »
Since we have a section specific to fursuits and costuming, I've moved your thread to that section.

This particular subforum has several pinned threads and a child board on the subjects of commissioning and maintaining fursuits, and while they're not directly related to what you're looking to know, you might find that they still have some useful info in them.

Depending on how elaborate of a costume you make, materials for a fursuit could be
  • $100 USD (an approximate minimum cost for a head, handpaws (no arms), footpaws (no leggings), and a small tail of economical but nevertheless viable fur),
  • $300-400 USD (an approximate median cost for a typical fullsuit or 3/4 partial with average sized tail), or
  • $600-1000 USD (a soft and approximate upper bound for fullsuits that incorporate particularly expensive qualities such as particularly high quality fur, a large variety of faux fur colors, animatronics, huge tails, and costume armor).
Because of the number of variables inherent in the question, an order-of-magnitude answer is the best I'm able to give.  Also, I'm not a fursuit maker, myself, so a lot of what I've put forward here is admittedly guesswork based on my idea of what faux fur and other relevant materials typically cost.

Note that this doesn't include costs of tools (such as a sewing machine, rotary cutter, or cutting board); also note that it doesn't account for loss that may be entailed through failed attempts at making individual parts.  While making a fursuit can be vastly cheaper for someone who already has the tools and experience in such a craft, it's not necessarily cheaper (and, in fact, can be more expensive) for someone who lacks either or both of these things.  In addition, making a fursuit takes a considerable amount of time (this could be a week, several weeks, a month, or even several months, depending on your proficiency and work ethic; for a typical suit, labor is generally more than half of the cost), and one might also choose to commission a suit instead of build one themselves on that basis.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:14:22 am »
The pinned link at the top of the fursuit forum will give info. to fursuit supplies, makers, and so forth. The "forum child board" I have created also in the fursuit forum will give some info. to prices, creating a fursuit, etc.
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/
http://forums.furtopia.org/fursuits-and-plushies/links-to-fursuit-makers-supplies-tutorials-etc-version-2-5/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:20:36 am by Kobuk »