Author Topic: weird fursona animals  (Read 13164 times)

Offline josh down

• Male
weird fursona animals
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:15:14 pm »
i was wondering what weird and wonderful animals people have chosen as characters in this world. foxes, wolves, lions, dragons, dogs, otters... we all know hundreds of them each (not that there's anything wrong in them of course), but what strange fursonas have we got on this forum, and what species' have people befriended in the past?

myself being a lion for 6 years, i felt like a bit of a change 10 months ago as i began to feel that i was betraying my own sense of individuality (not that there's anything wrong with lions... i just felt the need for someone a bit more odd). i started forming this pangolin character called art salam, who i now get abstract/expressionist/cubist/surrealist/whatever-ist art of whenever i can. oh yeah, and he wears a hat of some kind, just to give him a sense of individuality in his own right.

just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Mylo

Re: weird fursona animals
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »
I remember a post a long time ago about Avatar fursonas...

Offline Bane_enaK

• I live and die, proud of my people gaining
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:14:35 pm »

That sounds really weird, but when you think about it, I guess there's been weirder things...

Maybe I'm just new to being around others in the fandom, but I always considered fursonas like squirrels and skunks and the like to be weird. Of course, I mean no disrespect; in fact, I like the idea of it since it's definitely unique and isn't something that's common enough to be familiar with (admittedly wolves seem to be fairly common). It just seems kinda different to me for some reason.  x_x
Mated to Arashi_Calunata

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:54:46 am »

That sounds really weird, but when you think about it, I guess there's been weirder things...

Maybe I'm just new to being around others in the fandom, but I always considered fursonas like squirrels and skunks and the like to be weird. Of course, I mean no disrespect; in fact, I like the idea of it since it's definitely unique and isn't something that's common enough to be familiar with (admittedly wolves seem to be fairly common). It just seems kinda different to me for some reason.  x_x

would you say so? the first -real- animal i identified with was a raccoon (for some wild and probably idealist reason, because i'm british and we don't have them), which come to think about it isn't in much of the same league as squirrels and skunks. i know several squirrels and in some respects it is like they're from a different part of the fandom. squirrels tend to be into a much toonier style of artwork (from redwall or rets of nym i guess), whereas wolves tend to be into japanese anime and those sorts of things.

if i may add a weird fursona character... anyone heard of or maybe met the plane?

http://d.facdn.net/art/renegadepit/1310333157.renegadepit_beva_in_iraq.jpg
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »
I've heard of people with Pokemon fursonas. The wierdest thing I've ever heard of though is people with Furby Fursonas. I'm not even sure how that would work.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 02:17:54 pm »
the weirdest fursona ive had was.....
a amadillo/dragon/shark
*if i find a picture ill be sure to post it later*
there have been times when ive seen pokemon and neopet fursonas
but i dont really know what would count as weird
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Mylo

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:46:50 pm »
I've heard of people with Pokemon fursonas. The wierdest thing I've ever heard of though is people with Furby Fursonas. I'm not even sure how that would work.

Oh gosh...Furbies...

I can't imagine someone using a Furby fursona. O_o  One of my friend's had one, and it would make the weirdest noises for no reason.  But, I guess it's whatever they want...

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 11:51:38 pm »
I've heard of people with Pokemon fursonas.
http://www.facebook.com/rabidwolflerker
She is a Pokemon furry. Do not disturb her. She denies it in public, but She thinks of herself as a Pokemon.

I am a Wolfdrake. I am the mesh of two creatures with completely different shapes, attitudes, and levels of intelligence. The body structure is like a werewolf, while there are a lot of scales. Beyond that, I was a Daemon/ Dragon rider since I was 4.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:33 pm »
I've heard of people with Pokemon fursonas.
http://www.facebook.com/rabidwolflerker
She is a Pokemon furry. Do not disturb her. She denies it in public, but She thinks of herself as a Pokemon.

I am a Wolfdrake. I am the mesh of two creatures with completely different shapes, attitudes, and levels of intelligence. The body structure is like a werewolf, while there are a lot of scales. Beyond that, I was a Daemon/ Dragon rider since I was 4.

You should tell her to call 'Pokeholics Anonymous.' :D

Offline Wereaibo

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 01:05:04 pm »

Oh gosh...Furbies...

I can't imagine someone using a Furby fursona. O_o  One of my friend's had one, and it would make the weirdest noises for no reason.  But, I guess it's whatever they want...

I used to collect Furbys. They tend to start making these garbled electronic noises for some reason. When they don't do that their gears start making screeching, grinding sounds. I had a lot of them break down like that. They don't seem to last all that long. I still can't figure out how a Furby Fursona would work.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:34 pm »
It's so sad when electronic toys like FurReal pets and Furbies start to run low on battery power...it just sounds like they're dying.  They sound possessed with their deep, garbled voices...  o_O  Kind of scary...

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 10:08:47 pm »
That was my favorite part, it meant my sisters furby was about to die!
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 03:53:24 am »
I think a wield fursona would be be a fish, shell or otherwise. I've seen whales, sharks, and seals, but I never even heard of anything like a halibut or hermit crab fursona.

Offline Wereaibo

• Male
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:09 pm »
It's so sad when electronic toys like FurReal pets and Furbies start to run low on battery power...it just sounds like they're dying.  They sound possessed with their deep, garbled voices...  o_O  Kind of scary...

Furbys didn't need to be low on battery power to do that. I've had them do it with fresh batteries. In my experience Furbys had a bad habit of breaking down over time. Either their gears would start making a grinding sound, the voice boxes would screw up or it's animations would screw up. I had about 60  at one time and of the ones I actually opened and played with most broke down in some way.

Back on the original subject. One Fursona I'd like to see but never have is a guinea pig.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 01:24:51 pm »
Long before beanie babies were a hot item, there were plushie hybrids called Wuzzles. The only one that I recall is Bumblelion--A bumblebee/lion hybrid.

Wuzzles were all whacky hybrids IIRC. They were a Disney cartoon show, lasting only a season in 1985.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wuzzles
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 01:59:21 pm »
those hybrids are hilarious!! sometimes it's just because the animals rhyme.. now I really want a wuzzle plushie

Offline Soulneko

• Hey
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 03:43:24 pm »
for me crow weird cause there known for pecking eyes out and whatnot
"I've never talked to a girl before. I don't know how to handle it."
"Hey everyone! Isn't this fun? The door opens to the inside, right?"
"Oh, by the way... my blood is black."
"Because I don't know how to deal with girls...
"Bloody needle." -Crona i love anime

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 06:27:18 pm »
I define myself as nothing beyond a mind with a preferred engineered physical form which meets my minimum operating requirements, or rather, the recommended specs. my existing host meets the bare minimum. sort of. so considering the '.furry'part was engineered by me down to in some things a molecular level, that counts as out of the ordinary.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 06:38:41 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:32:40 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 07:14:34 pm »
as in cripples? -roflmao- sorry i had to say that..

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 02:23:17 am »
Well, I have a manticore fursona, and i've deliberated over a hydra... but that was ixnayed.
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »
One of the furries on Taboo was a Fox/Dragon/Plant hybrid with a fursuit partial to match.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Ivalo

• Snack stealer
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 01:19:05 am »
Small cats! I find it...not really weird I guess but unusual. Stuff like ocelots, servals etc. They're really cool, people should use them more!

I also knew someone who had a persona (not really a fursona but hey) of themselves with a tree growing out of their head. It was interesting x3

I don't know what to name this guy! PM me for suggestions <3

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 04:10:52 am »
Probably the strangest "fursona" I've seen was someone that used to come to Furtopia a few years back that was a hamburger.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:13 am »
I've always thought about a Cactus alt-'fur'sona.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:25:48 pm by Alsek »