Author Topic: The Furry industry?  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
The Furry industry?
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:32:34 pm »
I ran across this the other day and thought it an interesting find. Apparently this site thinks that "Furry" is an industry and our conventions are trade shows.  :D

http://trade-shows.findthebest.com/d/a/Furry
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Re: The Furry industry?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:41:28 pm »
Ha!  I think it's particularly funny that their "Guide to Choosing Furry Trade Shows, Conventions and Conferences" lists price of admission and square footage of the hotel above the actual location of the convention.  Even so, that's a pretty impressive compilation of fur cons for a site that doesn't seem to really understand them.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
"/" means "or". Category OR Industry. Nothing incorrect about listing furry as a category.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 05:57:12 am »
"/" means "or". Category OR Industry. Nothing incorrect about listing furry as a category.

True, but in the URL, you'll see that the cons are listed in the trade show section of the site. Trade shows cater to specific profiteering industries, such as weddings, home construction, gaming, etc. They show off new products to sell to people in said industries like wedding planners, construction and gaming companies respectively. The general public may be welcome, but it's all business, not meant to be a weekend getaway like at a fur con. While there are artist alley areas of our conventions, you could hardly call the con itself a trade show and furry an industry to sell to. That's where I'm coming from about the original link. (:
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:13:41 am »
True, but in the URL, you'll see that the cons are listed in the trade show section of the site. Trade shows cater to specific profiteering industries, such as weddings, home construction, gaming, etc. They show off new products to sell to people in said industries like wedding planners, construction and gaming companies respectively. The general public may be welcome, but it's all business, not meant to be a weekend getaway like at a fur con. While there are artist alley areas of our conventions, you could hardly call the con itself a trade show and furry an industry to sell to. That's where I'm coming from about the original link. (:

Huh? That section of the site is clearly named "Trade Shows, Conventions and Conferences", which is kinda long for a URL, so they abbreviated it. Sheesh.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 05:28:34 pm »
The car fox should had a booth at a furry trade show IMHO.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »
Thats a pretty awesome list.

I agree with Foxpup that I don't see any problem with how it's categorized.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:01:20 pm »
I like the list... Not sure about the reasoning they put it up there, but Great list
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:12 pm »
I visualize tribute bands made up of fursuiters. Furry Beatles, furry Elvis, furry Simon & Garfunkel...
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)