Author Topic: Starting a Furry Podcast  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Albino From About

• Holy Crap This Account Still Works! O_O
  • Male
    • My FA Account Of DOOM!!!
Starting a Furry Podcast
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:44:17 pm »
So while I haven’t been that active on this forum I have been keeping pretty active in the furry community as a whole. That being said some of the furs here in LA along with myself are thinking of starting a podcast and I’m hoping perhaps some more input will help us. That being the case I figured I would add some questions to help facilitate some answers.

1. What do you think a makes a good podcast (furry or not)?

2. What have you not seen in a furry podcast or think would make a new one unique?

3. Do you have any theme or segment ideas that you would like to see?

4. Pre recorded or live?

5. Audio only or video as well?

6. Do you already listen to any podcasts and if so what do you like and/or dislike about them?

I’m sure there are more questions that would help that I haven’t thought of but this is a good start I think. Any other ideas, comments, thoughts, etc.. would be appreciated. (note: I'll try to post new questions here in the list)

Thank you.

(If this doesn’t go here I’m sorry please move to the correct location)
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

The cow says “Moo”, the cat says “Meow”, the albino fox furry says “Stop it kid, that’s my tail not a pull string”

Furry Code: FCFh2adr A- C* D H+ M? P- R+ T++++ W- Z# Sm# RLU a cnw+ d- e+ f-- h* i++ j++ p- sm-

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: Starting a Furry Podcast
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:15:39 pm »
So while I haven’t been that active on this forum I have been keeping pretty active in the furry community as a whole. That being said some of the furs here in LA along with myself are thinking of starting a podcast and I’m hoping perhaps some more input will help us. That being the case I figured I would add some questions to help facilitate some answers.

1. What do you think a makes a good podcast (furry or not)?

2. What have you not seen in a furry podcast or think would make a new one unique?

3. Do you have any theme or segment ideas that you would like to see?

4. Pre recorded or live?

5. Audio only or video as well?

6. Do you already listen to any podcasts and if so what do you like and/or dislike about them?

I’m sure there are more questions that would help that I haven’t thought of but this is a good start I think. Any other ideas, comments, thoughts, etc.. would be appreciated. (note: I'll try to post new questions here in the list)

Thank you.

(If this doesn’t go here I’m sorry please move to the correct location)

1. Funny and/or informative. It's great if you can be both. Having special guests on is always cool, too.

2. I don't really follow any furry podcasts, so I can't really say.

3. Not really? Aside from perhaps the special guest segment (or have them on the whole time for new perspectives throughout the episode)

4. This probably depends most on the rating you're going for. I tend to be more entertained by live podcasts when I listen to them (often recordings of ones done live, but it feels more real than one that's heavily scripted/edited). The only trick would be if you want to filter out certain language or topics that could easily crop up in a live podcast. That would pretty much require a recorded podcast. Or good self control by everybody involved.

5. Audio works well enough for me. Video doesn't seem that necessary, since it often just means you are watching a guy talking at a computer or microphone.

6. Sometimes podcasts can get a bit lengthy. Perhaps if you put up recordings for people to listen to later on, you might consider breaking up some of the segments. That way somebody who is mostly just interested in a specific segment can load just that part of it. Makes it faster for them. Although you should have the full-length one available as well.

This is just my two-cents from the handful of podcasts I've listened to. Take it or leave it. It is your podcast after all, so you can do with it whatever you want :D

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Albino From About

• Holy Crap This Account Still Works! O_O
  • Male
    • My FA Account Of DOOM!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:41 am »
Thanks for the feedback Ziel.
1. Funny and/or informative. It's great if you can be both. Having special guests on is always cool, too.
I agree with  Funny and/or informative, and think it should always be a goal. As for guests with our equipment it's a good possibility that we will be able to do that it's just a matter of finding the guests.
3. Not really? Aside from perhaps the special guest segment (or have them on the whole time for new perspectives throughout the episode)
I kind of like the idea of special guest hosts so we'll see where things go.
4. This probably depends most on the rating you're going for. I tend to be more entertained by live podcasts when I listen to them (often recordings of ones done live, but it feels more real than one that's heavily scripted/edited). The only trick would be if you want to filter out certain language or topics that could easily crop up in a live podcast. That would pretty much require a recorded podcast. Or good self control by everybody involved.
Yeah, this is something I will have to discuss with my co-hosts about what sort of rating we want to go for.
5. Audio works well enough for me. Video doesn't seem that necessary, since it often just means you are watching a guy talking at a computer or microphone.
It also adds to file size and I think in some ways ruins the whole theater of the mind aspect. However I am an animator so I was thinking of possibly putting in animated shorts if I can pull it off.
6. Sometimes podcasts can get a bit lengthy. Perhaps if you put up recordings for people to listen to later on, you might consider breaking up some of the segments. That way somebody who is mostly just interested in a specific segment can load just that part of it. Makes it faster for them. Although you should have the full-length one available as well.
Hmm, I don't want to break it into separate files,but I have noticed some podcasts somehow break theres almost into tracks and still upload it as one file. Perhaps I can do somthing like that.

Thanks again for the help.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

The cow says “Moo”, the cat says “Meow”, the albino fox furry says “Stop it kid, that’s my tail not a pull string”

Furry Code: FCFh2adr A- C* D H+ M? P- R+ T++++ W- Z# Sm# RLU a cnw+ d- e+ f-- h* i++ j++ p- sm-

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:15:46 am »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:37:30 pm by DreamerHusky »