Author Topic: Resolution Woes  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Ozzie

• Destroyer of Zombies
  • Female
    • cvdrumsta.com
Resolution Woes
« on: April 06, 2006, 11:10:54 pm »
I've had problems making my websites work on everyone's resolutions for years. It's very important to me that my current website look good to most people. I discovered that my site looks *edited by Sporty- using acronyms and abbreviations is concidered the same as actually cussing and not allowed* up on my laptop, even though it's fine on my desktop.

Would y'all mind clicking the splat in my signature and telling me if anything's off? (I know it's terrible on Macs.)
On my planet we've evolved beyond the need for pants.

Offline Firehazard

• Slightly used and mostly confused!
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
Resolution Woes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 08:39:14 am »
Looks fine to me.  Is your laptop only 640×480?  Because I measured the screen in Paint and it's only about 700 wide.  (And if it is, don't worry 'bout it -- 99% of Web designers don't bother to make sure sites work on such a low res anymore, and I don't know anyone whose compy can't handle anything bigger)
Quote from: Savaaha
We have a 27in westinghouse hd flat widescreen TV, Tak has it connected up so its our TV and his comp monitor. We had it since 2009 and its going great.

Art by me.

Offline Felix Andrews

• Male
    • http://www.misguidedhopestudios.furtopia.org
Resolution Woes
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 12:39:23 pm »
I'm at 1024x768 on a Windows PC using Mozilla Firefox - looked fine to me.  If you could clarify what you meant by *edited by Sporty- using acronyms and abbreviations is concidered the same as actually cussing and not allowed* we might be able to help you better.

- Felix

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Resolution Woes
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 09:25:54 pm »
I'm at 800 x 600 on a 19 inch monitor and everything looks and works fine to me.

Offline Ozzie

• Destroyer of Zombies
  • Female
    • cvdrumsta.com
Resolution Woes
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 12:48:57 am »
Quote (Felix Andrews @ April 08 2006, 12:39 pm)
If you could clarify what you meant by *edited by Sporty- using acronyms and abbreviations is concidered the same as actually cussing and not allowed* we might be able to help you better.

Yeah, sorry for being vague. On my laptop the absolute positioning was quirky. The frame was up and to the left of where it should be. Tried changing the resolution, but it made no difference.
On my planet we've evolved beyond the need for pants.

Offline Firehazard

• Slightly used and mostly confused!
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
Resolution Woes
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 03:36:54 am »
So, you trying to have it centered?  Because I'm using Firefox and it's not displaying as such.
Quote from: Savaaha
We have a 27in westinghouse hd flat widescreen TV, Tak has it connected up so its our TV and his comp monitor. We had it since 2009 and its going great.

Art by me.

Offline Benjamin

• the admin liger
  • Species: liger
  • Male
    • stripeymaney
Resolution Woes
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 07:11:01 pm »
Quote (Ozzie @ April 09 2006, 12:48 am)
Quote (Felix Andrews @ April 08 2006, 12:39 pm)
If you could clarify what you meant by *edited by Sporty- using acronyms and abbreviations is concidered the same as actually cussing and not allowed* we might be able to help you better.

Yeah, sorry for being vague. On my laptop the absolute positioning was quirky. The frame was up and to the left of where it should be. Tried changing the resolution, but it made no difference.

I think I know what you mean since the iframe there is mostly covering that double line that you put in beneath the title. That was not intended, I assume.
I'm running Windows XP, IE 7, and got 1280x1024 rez. Resizing the window makes no difference.

Benjamin