Author Topic: Yes, another consipricy theory  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Spike

• Male
    • http://jaywolf.deviantart.com/
Yes, another consipricy theory
« on: January 21, 2005, 11:59:56 pm »
Well, last week we had our science exams, and part of it was on the cellular theory (or whatever it is in english...french immersion), and the last of the 4 points in the theory is:

"Les actions d'un organisme dépendant sur leurs cellules individuement"

translate: "The actions of an organism depend on the actions of their individual cells"

so, anything living is an organism, so does that mean the trigger for liking anthros and being furry is genetic? Can we blame it on our cells?

thinking aloud here...
Manually:
FCW2 A++ C-- D-- H- M-- P-- R++ T-- W--- Z- Sm-- RLU a- c++w d++ e- f-/f++ h* i+ j- p sm#

Offline MaxBrains

• Male
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 01:07:22 am »
Nope. The actions of individual cells (brain cells) can be guided by outside influences too ...

Offline Ritsuki

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 09:01:55 am »
OR!

...Maybe we choose to like anthros...OMGWTFTHATSMAD!!!!!?!?!?
FiDR ... and you know it!

I'm free to chat anytime so IM me.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 09:07:28 am »
in future please refrain from thinking stupid things aloud.

if that was true you could blame anything on genetics which is utter bollocks, think before you type.

also how is this a conspiracy?

Offline Happenstance

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 11:49:08 am »
Some of these responses are entirely too acrid.

I'll agree that calling it a conspiracy is a misnomer, but the concept has a level of merit. Do we furries have some sort of disposition to this?

Psycologists don't consider homosexuality to be something that one simply "decides". And while being gay is sexually tied, it has behavioural and other traits that have a tendancy to extend to other parts of life. Although possessing these traits is not inclusive nor is missing them exclusive of homosexuality, there is a shift of the archtype from that of those who are straight.

The same can be said of furries. We have an archtype amongst ourselves that is a shift from those who are not furry. The broad spectrum of furries makes us exceedingly difficult to partition, however. Each person has a different meaning for what it means on a personal level. It could well be that some furs DO have some sort of predisposition to furriness, especially those that identify more closely to the furry archtype. The predisposition could be genetic, prebirth developmental, postbirth developmental, some combination, or something else entirely.

To "blame" genetics for things that are not strictly encoded is well-said as "bollocks". Regardless, people certainly have a predisposition to like things that are not neccesarily genetically tied.
Never confuse passion with asthma.

I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world then goes home cryin' to his mama.

Offline Xylia Varvara

• Female
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 04:16:35 pm »
hrmmm.... there might be some merit to your thought. Is it really so scary that we might not have a choice over what we like and don't like that we must condemn others for thinking it?   I happen to like where Happenstance was going with it.  I am a psych major and I love any thing to do with the human mind.  I am also a lesbian so I love to delve into psychology and it's position on homosexuality.  The nature/nurture debate is very compelling and old debate.  I, myself, feel that I had no choice on who I found sexually attractive just a choice on if I acted on it or not.  That being said, it leads me to believe that nature (genetics) has something to do with what I like and don't like, what I find appealing and not apppealing.  Therefore, maybe a nature vs. nurture debate can be found in the furry fandom.  Maybe nature tells us what we like and find attractive but we decide where to take it, how far to take it and if we act on it at all.
"There is no such thing as normal.  Normal is just a collective opinion of how things should be but never really are."

"Love is genderless."

Somewhere over the rainbow...you'll find me.

All your coffee are belong to Mazz!!!

Offline Xylia Varvara

• Female
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 04:17:27 pm »
I forgot to mention.... I don't think it could be called a conspiracy theory.  Maybe food for thought though.
"There is no such thing as normal.  Normal is just a collective opinion of how things should be but never really are."

"Love is genderless."

Somewhere over the rainbow...you'll find me.

All your coffee are belong to Mazz!!!

Offline Mazz

• CAW!
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 04:44:59 pm »
Quote (Ackron @ Jan. 22 2005, 9:07 am)
in future please refrain from thinking stupid things aloud.

that was slightly rude.

but it can't be blamed on genetics. there are those people who kil or rape someone and say it was gentic because there father did it or something along those lines.

if that were true i would be a very different person
http://mazz.livejournal.com/
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mazz/
http://tornfeathers.deviantart.com
http://tornfeathers.tumblr.com
--

Rehabber by trade, conservationist by choice
Love your wildlife where it belongs, in the wild

Offline Raust Shieldra

• Guild Master StarTalons Mercenaries
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 05:22:35 pm »
I don't really believe there is a reason to "blame" furry on anything, to do so is to say that it is bad and shouldn't be practiced, I find this to be rather untrue. I personaly have found more right with the fandom than mainstream society.

And for any one who thinks it right to make fun of any ones ideas that they post here, please click that link at the top of your screen labled  "Furtopia.org forums general posting guidelines" Thank you.
I am the wings of hope, hidden in the shadow of rage.
I am the crest of wisdom, hidden behind the face of youth
I am the talons of courage, hidden in the wake of humor
I am the heart of honor beating in the average chest
I am the eternal guardian shown plainly in the eyes of love
This is my soul

Offline Spike

• Male
    • http://jaywolf.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 09:02:10 pm »
':p' yes...sorry...poor choice of words...i kinda wasnt thinking. Had a science exam. Brain was fried ':dead:'
Manually:
FCW2 A++ C-- D-- H- M-- P-- R++ T-- W--- Z- Sm-- RLU a- c++w d++ e- f-/f++ h* i+ j- p sm#