Author Topic: Furry Martial Arts!  (Read 8057 times)

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
Furry Martial Arts!
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »
If your fursona species was the name of a martial arts fighting style, what would it be like?

Dragon-Foxcoon....probably alotta confusing movements with deceptively hard hits

Offline Mylo

Re: Furry Martial Arts!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »
This is quite an original thread.

Arctic fox?  I can't really imagine one in a detailed sense (because I'm not at all familiar with martial arts styles).  But from a purely aesthetic and strategic standpoint, arctic fox style would probably employ minimal physical contact (in favor of quick aversions), and when contact is necessary, it'll be swift and direct (but aren't most martial arts like that?).   

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:16:05 am »
Wolf 10% fox? Well my fursona is quote insane so his style would be unpredictable as he would move fast and swift.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:22:14 am »
Smith and Wesson

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 02:38:47 pm »
Jackalfox style? Itd probably be sneaky with a lot of good takedowns, handlocks, and feigning. I'd probably mix in a little Judo.
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 03:08:53 pm »
Everything about martial arts, my fursona learned from Jackie Chan and Steven Seagal.  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xZAY_aC4Oo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VYLCP0JeIU&feature=related

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 03:15:15 pm »
[Panther] Stealthy with a quick, severe strikes, or [Dragon] A ton of brawny attacks
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 11:57:24 pm »
Trickery and diversion while never attacking head on, preferring rapid "in and out" attacks once an opportunity presents itself.

Offline TheComet

• There's always room for more foxes.
  • Male
    • My FA page!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 02:15:46 pm »
[Panther] Stealthy with a quick, severe strikes, or [Dragon] A ton of brawny attacks

Actually Dragon in Kung Fu IIRC is actually pretty heavy on grappling and parries believe it or not, Tiger is where the more strength oriented strikes come from in there :P

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 06:54:04 pm »
Wolf. Hummm... Probably a mixture of tripping manuevers and fast, but strong attacks. Maybe some minor acrobatics to aid in the chase.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline redpaw

• Male
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 11:14:52 pm »
Since wolfies are most effective when hunting in a pack perhaps it would be a team orientated fighting style. Does that even exist?

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 12:43:28 am »
Idk, but I know that mai anthro demon wolf would do lots of kicks, quick punches and very swift manuverance in dodging attacks :3 The first thing though, is it would look for a weak point, begin thinking of the ideal motion and quickness needed to strike and hit the intended point, before returning to a fighting stance without getting hurt :3 My demon side would go straight for the weakest point and bring you down by using your pressure points. :D
I just got mai computer fixed!! :D :3
Surrender the peanuts!
ScourgeFur on DeviantArt! :D
:goldlaugh:

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »
Not sure how greyhounds could be applied to martial arts, but it would involve speedy attacks and staying out of arms reach. Ninja stuff since they're fast! Stamina to "out-run" their opponents ;3

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Antonius Weezel

• Male
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 07:17:58 pm »
Ferret-style?
Focus on evasion and dealing with bigger opponents, and a massive emphasis on self defense and escape. A no-holds-barred stance including all the dirty tactics that could give you an edge, such as but not limited to, Nutshots, kicking them while they're down, Pain points and nerves, Aiming for the soft tissues, and anything else that can ruin their day  ;)

Think judo twined with MMA silat and general self defense training, and you'd have the gist of it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:24:19 pm by Antonius Weezel »

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 01:14:56 am »
Iara would probably rely on roundhouse kicks and swift movement of her head, neck and shoulders to engage prey, in addition to the element of surprise and the use of swift, fluid movements, like a bird. I'm not sure what fighting style that is...but I would like to think she idolizes the close encounter tactics of Jackie Chan  :-[
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 05:48:32 am »
Tiger style is real, can't say anything else

Offline Amy

• A transsexual kitty ^-^
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45:47 pm »
Domestic Cat Style? Probably.... not cutting your fingernails and using them to scratch the living daylights out of your enemies. :D
Skype- amyandrews27

Furry Code

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »
Outpace pursuer until he gets worn down.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Korin S.

• It's about what you /think/.
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 10:48:53 pm »
Fox-Draconian style, now that's an interesting concept. Foxes we know are sly and agile, but I've always imagined draconians to be thickset and brawny types. So one would be the offense, the other the defense. An opponent's attacks would be dodged subtly, with a jerk of the head or a little hop or the like, and every attack would be counter, and a haymaker. I've always wanted an all-haymaker martial art.

Also, a major part would be knowing how and when to quip. There is a big difference between, "So close!" and, "I felt the wind on that one!"

...Yeah, okay, so it's less practical than Gun Kata. But it's also almost as cool, I think.  (:

Offline Tie Wolf

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 03:53:31 am »
I can't type this one without laughing...

SlenderWolf

The ability to detect children and children's toys within a 4 mile radius and to then give whiplash and recurring concussions (those darn trees get in the way when you send them flying!) once thrown back with his excessively slender furry tail.

Yeah, so this was a completely fictional answer compared to the disciplines in real martial arts, but yeah.  XD
Courage isn't the absence of fear; it is the presence of fear with the will to go on. 
-Mark Twain

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 12:36:07 pm »
We rabbits have to be stealthy, and use our cuteness to deceive  :D
oldrabbit.com

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:10 am »
i always go for the jaw
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline werecat2012

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:08 pm »
Something maybe more closer to a feline fursona: Hide, sneak around, peek around the corner, hide again, maybe taunt, keep the opponent wondering where you are and what's going on. Then you attack. Basically, use your surroundings to your advantage instead of attacking head on.

Of course this wouldn't work in an open field or plain, where there is no place to hide, sneak around, keep some kind of game happening, etc. Then go for the jaw, just like the last answer said.

Outpace pursuer until he gets worn down.

I like this one. Just chug some coffee or chocolate milk or something for quick energy, and then just keep going until the opponent is worn down!

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 04:43:20 am »
if you read my story you can see what he uses. from his mothers side a more wait and counter movements with his father's quick, aggressive attacks, one attack leading into another. Even the use of the tail

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 08:52:01 pm »
Liani have a plethora of martial arts styles. It largely depends on the ability. Say, pyrokinesis, I.E., Me, focuses on fast and brutal hand skills and blocks. But, despite that, it's well constructed, and has an emphasis on grabs. Due to a feline's claws being hooked, Liani exploit this in combat by pulling an enemy close in melee, whether it be for a hook punch, knee, elbow, blade, bayonet, energy blade, claw, or gun stock.

In essense, Arashi's martial art is fast and brutal melee with a juggernaut twist. And LOTS of multiple use strikes/blocks for both unarmed and blade and blunt attacks. However, dodging a blow is nearly unheard of, because of the rigid dogding style; It more based off of rolling with the punches and using the enemy against them, or countering.

Ah, yes, and I forgot; Arashi, being pyrokinetic, takes a strange approach; Igniting himself entirely when attacking. Bit of a shocker, to be fighting a living fireball of purple and furriness. With every hit leaving at least a third degree burn; At highest temps ( About the same heat as the surface of the sun), Arashi can cause fourth degree burns on contact, which is the instant evaporation of flesh and bone and skin. And in a furry combat scenario, fur.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:00:56 pm by Arashi_Calunata »
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.