Author Topic: IRC Issues  (Read 5186 times)

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
Re: IRC Issues
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 07:31:17 pm »
I'm also having issues with the IRC... Clicking the link on the header menu does nothing but spin its wheels before finally saying it won't load after about 3-5minutes. I use a client IRC also but it's a RC, I've been having some problems with it as well so I don't wanna put a lot of weight on it not working.

But none the less, I am using IceChat 9 RC5.0, and it will not let me connect to the normal irc server or irc2

*Edit: This is what my IRC Client is saying:
[02:49.36] -irc.furtopia.org- *** Attempting to connect to irc.furtopia.org (xx.xxx.xx.xxx) on port 6007
[02:49.57] Socket Exception Error: 10060:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a-
period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xxx.xx.xxx:6007

When you connected to irc2, did you use port number 6002? As of the last time I checked (a few hours ago), irc2 is up, but it's a different port number from the main IRC server (which was down as of when I checked).
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »
Not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is having, but we thought we would voice it anyway.
Whenever we try to join either of the servers, our browser (google chrome) opens a new tab, does the loading screen for about 30 seconds, and then says: "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to irc.furtopia.org". This has been happening since the issues started. There isn't a problem with our firewall, and the only thing that has changed is that we updated our Java to the latest version. Any ideas?

Offline Jamie Rosendale

• A.K.A. Alexios (On the IRC)
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »
Not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is having, but we thought we would voice it anyway.
Whenever we try to join either of the servers, our browser (google chrome) opens a new tab, does the loading screen for about 30 seconds, and then says: "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to irc.furtopia.org". This has been happening since the issues started. There isn't a problem with our firewall, and the only thing that has changed is that we updated our Java to the latest version. Any ideas?

Mine was doing the same (Chrome here as well), so I assumed it was fully down. IRC2, however IS up, though I'm on it using an IRC client (IceChat).
Not really sure what advice to give to get to it via browser through Furtopia itself, though I can confirm that it's up and working with another client.
Ask me anything. Tell me anything. Show me anything.

Need me? Wanna talk? Message me on here or I'll probably be on the IRC.

Super Tentative Furry Code (Look at all the slashes):
FDD5a A>+ C- D H+ M P+ R++ T+++ W- Z Sm RLU/A/C/CT/LW/M/S/TH a- cn++ d e- f-- h*+ i++ j+ p s

Awesome avatar by Miser. He's around here somewhere..

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »
Not really sure what advice to give to get to it via browser through Furtopia itself, though I can confirm that it's up and working with another client.

Mibbit is a good temporary solution; click "Launch app" from the homepage to use it without making an account.  See one of my previous posts in this thread on how to set the port number.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 11:19:59 pm »
How can one server be up and the other down if they're locaded on the same physical / logical server?

They're not.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 06:35:04 am »
How can one server be up and the other down if they're locaded on the same physical / logical server?

They're not.

They are.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 12:54:13 am »
may I have the link for accessing irc2 o.O?

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:32 am »
*erases his last post finding it and coughs* o.o never mind

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »
A note for those who are reading this thread: the web interface for the IRC is back up.  If you want to connect to the IRC without downloading a client, go to http://irc.furtopia.org , select "irc2" and "6002" from the drop down menus (you *must* choose irc2; irc is currently down), input a nick you'd like to use, and click the "Chat on IRC!" button (you will need Java installed for the applet to work).

Should the web interface not work for you, then connecting by Mibbit is still possible; see my previous post on how to do that.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!