Author Topic: Someone help please-Collar emergency.  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Ginny

• Female
    • www.freepowerboards.com/ginnysforum
Someone help please-Collar emergency.
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:39:31 pm »
So mom went crazy and after a year of wearing my collar almost constantly, she decided I can't wear it because I bought it from Petsmart and that's an insult to her somehow.  :v

So I need to find an online store that'll sell decent collars that won't make me look, uh, awkward.  And that are cheap.  And meant for people.  x.x

Thanks guys. <3  Much love.
~Ginny~

Offline Pensive

• Female
    • LiveJournal
Re: Someone help please-Collar emergency.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:19:55 pm »
http://www.CollarFactory.com

Best. Place. Ever. More expensive than Petsmart by far, but WONDERFUL quality and very comfortable and customizable. I'd suggest saving up to get one from them rather than spending money on something cheap...after all, you get what you pay for. :3

I own one from them (though I've owned three in all, I just don't wear them anymore) that I wear daily, and it's still in wonderful shape. :3 I also just bought one for my mate, which is actually due to arrive in the mail in a few days.

If you're /really/ not wanting to spend a lot of money, I guess you could always try eBay and just type in "leather collar" and go from there. Or, another place I know of is http://www.pawstar.com x3 They're nice people and their stuff is good quality (though their collars don't seem as comfortable). They're a slightly cheaper option as well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:21:30 pm by Pensive »

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:43:58 pm »
Personally I'd hold off on wearing a collar till you're out of the house. How long before your mom takes issue with the fact you're wearing a collar at all....?
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline Kwan

• They are my Om-Noms and I want them!
  • Female
    • my stuff on  FA
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:56:21 pm »
Personally I'd hold off on wearing a collar till you're out of the house. How long before your mom takes issue with the fact you're wearing a collar at all....?

Just what I was going to say.   It's more likely that your mother objects more to the collar than from where it was purchased.   "You can't wear that because you got it at Petsmart"  translates to  "I'm a little freaked that you're wearing a collar, and I'd feel a lot better if you'd take it off, but I don't want to be a parent that overtly quashes her kid's expression,  so I'm coming up with this excuse."

You might want to show you mother the new collar you have in mind before you get it, just in case she found something to object to in the new one before you invested in it.

Having said that, a good tack supply store (saddle shop) or feed-n-seed usually will have very good quality leather goods at a fraction of the prices you'd get at places that cater to human fashion.  The leather will likely need a good oiling, but if you're going to wear leather you should get something to keep it in good shape anyways.  ^_^
Card-carrying member of the following fan-clubs:
FarRaptor (in capacity of self-proclaimed Number One Fan-Girl)
Blastdav  (in capacity of Official Tormentor)
Mazz      (Furtopian ambassador ne plus ultra)
White Shepherd (Lo, WS laid hands on Furtopia, and it hath arisen)

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:57 am »
call me cheap, but I made my own collar.  It's not the best (and it chafes a bit if I wear it too much), and I don't wear it where my parents even have a chance of seeing me, because my mother would crucify me if she found out, but I like it anyway.  All I need is a tag...  My dogs never wear theirs, maybe I could comandeer those...
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline missywolf

• Female
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:03:05 pm »
aww, Ginny. Sounds like "Petsmart" was just an excuse because she does not want you wearing any collar. Maybe you could show her collarfactory, show her how these are made for people to wear, not pets. But show her first before you buy since she may just have an issue with the style of the accessory, not where you purchased the accessory.

I was considering getting one from Petsmart next time I'm there, but after seeing this collarfactory site, I'd be better off getting one made for human use.
Thanks a bunch to Pensive for posting that link. This site looks awesome. :D

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 05:16:13 pm »
collarfactory does look pretty awesome, but my parents would flip if I suddenly received a package in the mail with a collar in it. x_x
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline Schindler

• 'Nother Big Ol' Tiger!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 07:23:37 am »
I love and agree with, Kwan's translation. Sounds about right!  :D

I also agree that you should try waiting till you're not in the house then put it on.

If you're afraid of her reaction when recieving it in the post, maybe arrange to have it sent to a friend's place instead?  :)

Offline Vlada Drachulf

• Female
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:50:47 am »
Someone might have mentioned something to her about it being "weird" or something which is why she's just NOW mentioning something about it.  She could be more worried about the teasing YOU'LL receive.  I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone else though and say maybe you should wait until you're out of the house.

Offline Zing

• Female
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 04:24:54 pm »
I know the feeling, although my Mom just rolls her eyes when I walk past with my collar and now tag and bell.

Anyways, you could always get an unadorned thin collar, and keep the buckle/loop/clip facing back?
~\\\"Ive got the catnip! Run away!\\\"~<br />Zingin~