Author Topic: I did something odd today  (Read 6265 times)

Offline Patchworkbear

• Intensive Care Bear
  • Male
I did something odd today
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:26:51 pm »
I had to go to the store today. Where ever I go, I wear a backpack with some plush dogs in it. I like having dogs with me as it makes me feel more secure. But normally the dogs just ride in the pack. I've never actually carried them in my hands in public. Until today.
As we were pulling into the parking lot I got a strange impulse. I had a Bones the Dog beanie baby in my hand, but instead of packing him away as I normally do, I decided I wanted to carry him and let him see the sights ( as much sights as there are to see in a grocery store ).
I don't know what posessed me to do it. I don't normally do things that would draw attention to myself. I try to keep under the radar. But I carried this dog in my hand the whole time I was in there. I caught a few people looking at me, probably wondering what was wrong with me, but I didn't care! I had fun.
Aside from wearing T-Shirts, this is the first time I've ever done anything to express my doggy obsession in public.

Offline Marurashi

• Female
Re: I did something odd today
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 12:35:57 am »
lol ive done things like that too! tho not dogs... i prefer rodents and small mammals!
and i have to say the looks are the best! however i thrive on attention

WhiteLion

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 05:30:26 am »
I have had that wish my plushies.
wish?
I mean with.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:42:54 pm by WhiteLion »

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 10:30:41 am »
I keep a stuffed animal in my car, actually. But he just stays there...like my car's guardian.  :D

But I have done similar to you...with a little Snoopy toy I have. He stayed in my pocket, with his head poking out, the whole car ride to town for lunch...then he just kind of stayed there when I went in the restaurant.  (:

And I took my friend's plush toy animal (darn, can't remember what kind it was) and kept it sitting in my pocket like that during youth group at church one night.  8)

Both cases were fun! :)

Glad you seemed to have a good time doing it in the grocery. :orfox:
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 10:50:05 am »
I rarely have any of mine out in public visibly but I often take one of my little fox plushies with me in my dufflebag to family's house. He has rode shotgun and in my lap down the interstate while I was driving on long road trips back and forth between FL and KY (when I lived in FL). Great company in the car. My cousin (who is a lot older than me, in his 50s) does the same with a husky plushie of his - it rides with him everywhere in his pick up truck. Haha, my mom bought her a bear plushie in TN earlier this week and had it in her lap the whole way home. She was being silly with it though and making it wave at people as we went past. I don't do that, but I enjoy having mine out.  :P

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 03:09:02 pm »
ive done it before, but in school & with a Panda Bear. now i wanna go outside & dance with it the park! *shot*

it dont matter what looks you get & what thoughts they might have as long as your having fun!
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline lKashmir

• Female
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 11:45:50 am »
Ive never taken a plush but Ive sneaked a real dog in XD My dog when she was a puppy would fit in my hoodie pocket, so, needless to say, she literally went everywhere with me until she got too big.  I could probably still fit her in a big purse but I dont want to risk it.
/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

Offline NibblesNutkins

• Male
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:26:36 am »
Wow this thread reminds me of how I took my pet swallow with me on a car ride, I let him ride in the grill.

We got a lot of amazing looks but he's starting to smell a little now.

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:48:22 am »
I use to leave my MANPLUSHIE Herman (Pet Rock) on my bed as I cleaned my Dorm Room for General Inspection. kind of like a pet lounging on my bed. My room mates thought I was crazy anyways so this was normale to them.  :)

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 01:35:41 am »
Sometimes I put plushies in my cargo pants pockets so they can travel with me. I also have a messenger bag that has a Webkinz snake and a lizard tied to the strap that I carried all around DisneyWorld when I was interning there this past spring. Everyone loved my lizard and snake. Kids would think I was the coolest person ever because I was an adult with Webkinz. My snake even had a little vizor to wear. The lizard was positioned on the strap to look like he was sitting on my shoulder :D

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17:08 am »
Sometimes I put plushies in my cargo pants pockets so they can travel with me. I also have a messenger bag that has a Webkinz snake and a lizard tied to the strap that I carried all around DisneyWorld when I was interning there this past spring. Everyone loved my lizard and snake. Kids would think I was the coolest person ever because I was an adult with Webkinz. My snake even had a little vizor to wear. The lizard was positioned on the strap to look like he was sitting on my shoulder :D

that is awesome!!!

Offline oxoxtwinklexoxo

• Female
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 04:14:42 pm »
I keep plushies in my car all the time, and I always have a little malamute/husky beanie baby clipped to my belt loop. :)
I also occasionally wear my tail around. :3
Live free, on two paws or four. Let your spirit soar.

Offline Allie_Kat

• Female
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 07:40:05 pm »
Ive never taken a plush but Ive sneaked a real dog in XD My dog when she was a puppy would fit in my hoodie pocket, so, needless to say, she literally went everywhere with me until she got too big.  I could probably still fit her in a big purse but I dont want to risk it.

I used to do this with my rat when I had her. She was trained that if I told her to hide, she would run down off my shoulder and hide in the pocket of my sweatshirt. i would often walk around with her on my shoulder and kinda forget she was there. So if I would end up needing to go in someplace that would frown upon a rat, I would just have her hide :D

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »
Ive never taken a plush but Ive sneaked a real dog in XD My dog when she was a puppy would fit in my hoodie pocket, so, needless to say, she literally went everywhere with me until she got too big.  I could probably still fit her in a big purse but I dont want to risk it.

I used to do this with my rat when I had her. She was trained that if I told her to hide, she would run down off my shoulder and hide in the pocket of my sweatshirt. i would often walk around with her on my shoulder and kinda forget she was there. So if I would end up needing to go in someplace that would frown upon a rat, I would just have her hide :D

Awesome! :D
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Heaven Implode

• Species: Grey Wolf
  • Holier Than Thou
    • earfolds
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 10:40:33 pm »
I carried a little plush lion in my messenger bag when I was in school. Hanging out of the pocket so it looked like it was peeking out at everyone. Some of my friends would sometimes want to keep it on their desk while they worked :)

My teacher gave me a little squeaky lion toy for Christmas once, too :)
woof

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 11:56:12 am »
Every once in a while, I'll bring Tiago, my fox plushie, for a ride to campus.  He sticks his head and front legs out of the pack so everyone can see him.  My friends absolutely love him!  It rocks.  :)

I have yet to wear a tail up to campus.  The one I have is ginormous and might end up whacking people while I walk. o.o
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Battery

• Male
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 04:53:31 pm »
I have a plastic triceratops named Alfred I run around with at my campground during the summer. I took him to school once and showed him to my friends. They thought he was the coolest thing ever.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Patchworkbear

• Intensive Care Bear
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 09:38:21 am »
I'm surprised this thread is still going on.

I don't really do much with my dogs these days. I have my bears and a new fursona and I'm happier for it. Well as happy as is normal for me. Happiness doesn't enter much into the equation these days. I'm content just to have moments when I'm not miserable.

Anyway while I always have bears in my backpack where ever I go, the only time I actually pull them out is when I'm having a blood test. I still haven't totally gotten over my fear of needles, though I'm much better than I used to be. Whenever they're about to stick me I pull out a bear and squeeze it in a death grip. It's a good thing teddy bears don't need to breathe because the way I hold them, they probably wouldn't be able to.

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 12:46:59 pm »
Whenever they're about to stick me I pull out a bear and squeeze it in a death grip. It's a good thing teddy bears don't need to breathe because the way I hold them, they probably wouldn't be able to.

Ha!  :D

I know this one kid that always has a ratty old pink husky tied to his backpack. I might try doing that sometime...  :D ...So cute...
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 03:08:24 pm »
My family runs an embroidery company, and from there, we also have a button/pin maker.  Yesterday, I decided to make a button with this guy on it :3,
http://www.theanimalfiles.com/images/corsac_fox_1.jpg
 he sits my jacket, by my neck, keeping me company..I might tie a plushie to my backpack though.  It'd be cute :3

Offline Martin_Aresian

• Male
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 07:14:53 pm »

Hey I've got the Webkinz snake too. :)

I've carried plushies around in the past but I don't make it a habit. This has less to do with caring what people would think and more a fear of losing said plushie. I suppose if I carried a bag or backpack of some sort I would but I don't have much call for one. Maybe I could get a small plushie on a clip and attach it to my pants.
"Go to the ant you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise"
   -Proverbs 6:6

pic in icon done by Diana Harlan Stein
www.naiadstudios.com

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 02:22:25 pm »
I once ran around carrying a Penguin, a Panda and a Pikachu plushie all on different occasions.
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Mr. FroFox

• Mr. Frofox's vulpine vendetta continues
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 10:18:34 pm »
A vaguely relevant anecdote.

On one occasion after more than one too many, I took my puppet-esque plushie named Vasiley to the local grocery store at 2 in the morning where I spoke exclusively through the dog. Most involved, including the cashier, were charmed.

Everyone is a little bit furry.  (:
"Oh frettled gruntbuggly
thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
on a lurgid bee."

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 10:58:05 am »

On one occasion after more than one too many, I took my puppet-esque plushie named Vasiley to the local grocery store at 2 in the morning where I spoke exclusively through the dog. Most involved, including the cashier, were charmed.

Did you ever do that at a Chick-fil-a because I saw someone do that there once.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Mr. FroFox

• Mr. Frofox's vulpine vendetta continues
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 11:21:38 pm »

Did you ever do that at a Chick-fil-a because I saw someone do that there once.

No.
"Oh frettled gruntbuggly
thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
on a lurgid bee."